Shinichiro Watanabe at Edinburgh

Genkina Hito

映画男!!!
The UK anime community heard some great news when it was revealed that Shinichiro Watanabe will be attending the London MCM Expo (May 24th-26th) but it seems that Watanabe-san will be spending some time in the north of the UK as well since he is going to be making an appearance all the way in Edinburgh.

Scotland Loves Animation (SLA) has confirmed on its websites that Shinichiro Watanabe, director of Cowboy Bebop and Kids on the Slope, will visit Edinburgh on Tuesday, May 28th for a Q&A.

According to the SLA website, the event takes place at the Scotsman Screening Room (inside the Scotsman Hotel and just out from Waverley station).

The address is: Scotsman Hotel, 20 North Bridge, Edinburgh EH1 1TR

19:00 - Doors open
19:10 - Introduction from Shinichiro Watanabe
19:15 - Screening of two [episodes] from Cowboy Bebop - picked by the director himself!
20:05 - Q+A session
20:40 - Signing session, 1 item per person.

£5.99: Entry to the event plus an exclusive A4 print – only available at this screening. These go on sale on Tuesday the 7th of May.

£19.99: Entry to the event + 2 x A4 prints AND a copy of Cowboy Bebop Collector's Blu-Ray – Part 1 when it's released at the end of July courtesy of Anime Limited and on sale now!

SALES LINK FOR TICKETS

Source

Sorry for bringing this post back from the dead but did anyone go to this and what did they think?

I just typed 'Shinichiro Watanabe' in to AUKN search and found out my all time favourite anime director visited the UK and I missed out. Heartbroken doesn't even cover it.

I'd have killed to be at the Q and A session. There's so many questions (if only Keiko Nobumoto was there too) I would have wanted to ask but did anyone ask the following obvious questions and if they can remember any answers i'd be thrilled.

- Any chance of a Champloo movie?
- Any news on a UK Blu Ray Knocking on Heavens Door?
- Will he ever return to Bebop?
- Any news on the proposed live action Bebop film
- Would a prequel featuring Spike and Vicious in their syndicate days interest him?
- Why such a huge hiatus between Champloo and Kids on the Slope?

Bebop is my absolute favourite and I truly believe this guy to be a visionary. Shame I can't get along with Space Dandy, I just don't like comedy anime :(

I appreciate this is a long shot but if anyone can help it would be majorly appreciated.

I went. My memory is a little hazy, but I asked him if he'd ever want to go back to Bebop, and he said something along the lines of "No, I'd rather work on new things than revisit old ones" No one asked about live action Bebop, or the Champloo movie and I don't remember the others.

Back