Sex in anime rather than hentai (possible 18+ discussion)

I think this topic is now two entirely separate discussions - the original one on examples of sex in normal anime, and the spin off into whether sex is bad/appropriate :)

I assume the sarcasm referred to the indication that the previous poster wasn't expected to have discovered anything about sex whatsoever prior to the education in Year 10.

On that topic, at my school we were taught about sex in Year 10 but the females were also given a quick talk in Year...uh...6 I think. Because the girls were all entering puberty around then and not telling them might cause some confusion if their parents hadn't bothered when their bodies suddenly go nuts and started bleeding in unexpected ways. I don't really understand why it's all left down to schools anyway, it's useful but parents should really get the jump on passing this information to their kids at the time most appropriate for the individual.

Don't really understand why we're culturally so scared of sex anyway. Even my mum was afraid to talk to me about it until I already knew everything from far dodgier sources. I welcome appropriate/realistic portrayals of sex in the media as a normal part of human life (and I don't particularly see breasts as a sex organ unless being used in creative ways in hentai, so references to them for comedy is fine by me).

R

Ninja Scroll isn't really a hentai yet they had to include that ruthless scene with the female ninja and that rock guy... I suppose it makes it seem more realistic and stuff like that probably happened in that era.

Tachi- said:
i wrote something and deleted it? i havent been on in a week and kinda cant recall it lol sorry rui :( *hugs*

That's ok, I can't remember either now :)

(Thanks chaos!)

And on topic there's plenty of sex referenced in Basilisk, which I'm currently watching. Yay.

R

Rui said:
Tachi- said:
i wrote something and deleted it? i havent been on in a week and kinda cant recall it lol sorry rui :( *hugs*

That's ok, I can't remember either now :)

(Thanks chaos!)

And on topic there's plenty of sex referenced in Basilisk, which I'm currently watching. Yay.

R

LOL

never really watched Basilisk. i'm getting drawn more to watching battle vixens and reading battle club ^^

I think very few anime address the issue of sexuality in a competent manner. Neon Genesis Evangelion is really the only anime (I've seen) that properly, maturely deals with the issue I think.

It is rare, I do know that. But for Witchblade's depiction of a woman with an ample frontage, there is also room in the story for the character when she is not influenced by the Witchblade, how she has to deal with her daughter in real life, and the episodes can be quite touching to watch.

Anime has taught me that sex is a great thing that you must strive to get at all costs unless you fall in love, in which case there must be no physical contact between you, just long lingering loving looks at each other as birds twitter and the background goes all blurry.

hey..I only have 8-9 posts and 2 of them are already in this thread so..that makes me no. 1 perv :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back