Seven Pounds

Sy

Time-Traveller
200px-Seven_Pounds_poster.jpg

Anybody else looking forward to this Will Smith movie? It has the same team as The Pursuit of Happyness which is one of my favourite movies. A story about the American dream without being gushy, cheesy or alienating the rest of the world? I was impressed and expect the same quality from this.

For those that don't know about it, Will Smith plays a suicidal IRS agent who somehow changes the lives of seven strangers. I have 100% faith in Will Smith's performance. Even when he's in a bad movie his charisma always seems to shine through and make it somehow watchable.

It should be out on the 16th January 2009.

I have to disagree with your praise for Will Smith. He's obnoxious, pretentious and genuinely irritating at best! :p

I haven't seen The Pursuit of Happiness, but everyone seems to give it high praise. And this movie sounds pretty interesting, so I won't give up on Smith just yet!

Never even heard of this. Will Smith is weird - I think he's a great guy and if I knew him I'd get on with him really well, but he seems to end up in some terrible, terrible films.

Still, sounds interesting and worth a closer look this time.

R

Wow, out of all people I thought The Geek would be all over The Fresh Prince for some reason.

The best films I think Will Smith pulls off are the quieter slow burners like Bagger Vance, Pursuit of Happyness and Six Degrees of Separation. It's a shame those are the movies he does that seem to get ignored when released because they probably don't have enough **** blowing up. Anyway, his son is a great actor too. Guess it runs in the family.

Fresh Prince is exactly why I have a hard time taking the guy seriously. Pursuit of Happiness is probably the best serious role I've seen him do (and that was a lot better than I was expecting) but he always looks more comfortable in (and for my money is better suited to) light hearted entertainment like Men in Black.

This isn't something I'll go to the cinema for, but I'll see what the reviews say and perhaps check it out once it's on DVD.

Sy said:
Wow, out of all people I thought The Geek would be all over The Fresh Prince for some reason.

You got me laughing really hard now =D I could actually picture someone as Karlton.... ;D

OT: I'm actually planning to watch this one. I have one of those unlimited cineworld cards, so it really doesn't matter if the movie is really good or not. The pursuit is a great movie, it almost feels like a self help movie, if there is such a thing ;)

Eddie Murphy? What's he ever done besides play a loud annoying guy that grins 90% of the time. I think the only noteworthy thing he's done in about a decade is play the Donkey in Shrek and that's nothing to brag about.

Otaku-san said:
simple validation rule

Eddie Murphy > Will Smith
MY GIRL WANTS TO PARTY ALL THE TIME,
PARTY ALL THE TIME,
PARTY ALL THE TIME.
MY GIRL WANTS TO PARTY ALL THE TIME,
PAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRTY AAAAALLLLLLLL THE TIIIIIIIME!

Seriously, the only good movies he's done are Shrek and Beverly Hills Cop.

Will Smith hate? Get out of this forum. Will Smith is a great actor. But I'm not so sure on this film myself, sounds alright, any trailers or anything on it?

Btw Eddie Murphy was a good actor... before I was born. Now he sucks.

Lupus Inu said:
Will Smith hate? Get out of this forum. Will Smith is a great actor. But I'm not so sure on this film myself, sounds alright, any trailers or anything on it?
Yeah sure here you go.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rp3hrkW5eUY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rp3hrkW5eUY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm reeeeeeeeeally looking forward to this. I never trust trailers that much though because 80% of the time they misrepresent films.

Sy said:
I never trust trailers that much though because 80% of the time they misrepresent films.

Bridge to Terabithia anyone?

OT: nice trailer. I've checked a bit more on the movie and I'm really getting in the mood as well.

Back