Senran Kagura Official News/Announcements Thread [NSFW]

Re: Senran Kagura Thread - Shinovi Versus EU censored

My guess is actually that the problem board would have been Australia. For example, High School DxD is banned in New Zealand, while we have it as an uncut 15.

In regards to why that particular region couldn't have its own censored release, it was explained (by XSEED I think), that such a decision would require a whole new master to be made, which would be really expensive for a niche game on an under-performing platform.

To be honest, I do think people are really blowing this out of proportion. The only subtitles that have been removed are the various girls making statements like "Hey there!" and "How embarrassing!" when you poke them in the Dressing Room mode. The full raunchiness of the main story is still intact and tbh, it doesn't take much away from the game.

Re: Senran Kagura Thread - 17 mins of Estival Versus gamepla

I totally didn't use multiple leftover gift card points and balances to get Bon Appétit for 17p.

And I really want a PS4 for Estival Versus (its LE comes with the Gessen girls!).

I just got Shinovi Versus and Bon Appetit pretty cheap (though not 17p, sadly). They've both got 40% off on the PSN Store, so I combined that with the 10% off code to get them both and Pier Solar all for under £25.

I was considering Bon Appetit! in the sale but I do have my own policy of 'if the title has a physical copy, then get the physical copy' and 'if it's cut/censored, get the other versions available'. I know it doesn't bother many people but I wouldn't mind getting the Japanese version (heck I'm actually keen on picking up the Vita double pack which comes with the pre-order bonuses). In case people don't know, Bon Appetit!'s retail release in Japan contains both A and B parts on the cartridge and a new trophy list so if you like stackable trophies you're in luck.

Re: Senran Kagura Thread - New Estival Versus Trailer!

A new trailer for Estival Versus has been shown off, including footage of customisable hair styles and clothes and also multiplayer with up to 10 players for PS4 and 4 players for Vita.

The dressing room was also shown off and for that alone I still don't see the game getting a uncut/uncensored release over here. I expect Marvelous Europe will most likely censor the game before giving it to PEGI to decide).

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Senran Kagura Thread - Deep Crimson Physical Edition! [N

Marvelous Europe have announced they will be releasing Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson for PAL territories in both digital and physical editions for summer 2015.

hanzo_small800w.jpg

And that's not all...

THE HAPPY BOOB EDITION!

All physical copies will only be available through Marvelous Europe's website.

Physical Edition (Early Bird) - £24.99 - SOLD OUT
Senran_Kagura_2_DC_1.jpg

With reflexes as sharp as a deadly Shinobi, your quick purchasing skills will be rewarded with a discounted physical copy of SENRAN KAGURA 2: Deep Crimson.

Limited to 50 Copies only... hurry before they run out!

Physical Edition - £32.99
Senran_Kagura_2_DC_2.jpg

You will receive a physical copy of SENRAN KAGURA 2: Deep Crimson for the Nintendo 3DS!

'Happy Boobs' Edition! - £49.99
Senran_Kagura_2_DC_3.jpg

This very special edition includes:
• A physical copy of SENRAN KAGURA 2: Deep Crimson
• 2 Disk Official soundtrack featuring selected music from SENRAN KAGURA 2:Deep Crimson
• Exclusive Hanzo & Hebijo symbol stickers
• Exclusive fold out poster
• 'Happy Boobs' Edition box!

Shinobi Collector's Edition - £74.99
Senran_Kagura_2_DC_4.jpg

Please note, this edition is exclusively available to customers who pre-order via this site. It will not be available after the game is launched - so reserve your copy NOW!

A unique special edition for SENRAN KAGURA fans!

You will receive all the extras in the 'Happy Boobs' edition, PLUS an exclusive oppai mouse mat (with 3D boobs!) and wall scroll, both created especially for this edition, along with a Shinobi Certificate, all in a unique Shinobi Collector's Edition box!

Ultimate Shinobi Collector's Edition - £74.99 - SOLD OUT
Senran_Kagura_2_DC_5.jpg

The ULTIMATE limited edition for SENRAN KAGURA fans!

This is a strictly limited edition version of the Shinobi Collector's Edition.

Kenichiro Takaki, legendary creator of SENRAN KAGURA, will sign your uniquely numbered Shinobi Certificate.

Limited to 50 copies, so order NOW if you want to make sure you get the Ultimate SENRAN KAGURA 2 limited edition!

Marvelous Europe also explained the current success and issues with the previous Senran Kagura titles and other things:
Over the last year, we've been delighted to release some great games like SENRAN KAGURA SHINOVI VERSUS and Rune Factory 4 in Europe. Because of limited resources (we're only a very small team and have to operate financially independently from our parent company), we've released these games digitally only.

Although they've sold really well and we’re extremely proud of our achievements, many of our customers have made clear they'd really like us to be releasing physical versions as well.

Since the beginning we’ve also REALLY wanted to make physical releases and special editions a big part of what we offer - and now it’s time for action!

There are 3 key reasons why we think exclusive pre-orders are the best option, which you can read about below:

Flexibility and Choice
Having our own pre-order site with the option for multiple levels means that we can include extra special goodies that we couldn’t provide any other way. Our ‘Ultimate Shinobi’ edition, signed by Kenichiro Takaki himself, will be a limited to a run of just 50!

This is also the very first pre-order programme for us, and we are hoping that we can learn from it. For example, if we see that people love the ‘Happy Boobs’ and ‘Ultimate Shinobi’ editions, we’ll be able to go even further with future projects - think even more tiers, exclusive goodies, figurines...the opportunities are endless!

Direct Communication
One of the best things about games such as SENRAN KAGURA is the dedicated, informed and extremely passionate fans. We have been taking steps to engage more with our community (hiring our new community manager for example), and we think this project will take our relationship with the community one step further.

Having a sustained pre-order campaign will ensure that we can keep fans informed throughout the process, with regular updates and fresh content all of the time!

We’ll be updating this site with cool new information, screenshots, videos and much more in the coming months, so make sure to check back here as often as possible for the very latest details!

Doing More Cool Stuff
For niche games like SENRAN KAGURA 2: Deep Crimson, there are considerable obstacles and risks associated with physical releases.

Some retailers don't want to stock anything other than the biggest selling games - which can make it difficult for games like SENRAN KAGURA 2 to get in stores at all. The biggest hurdle is the cost of creating the cartridges themselves - everything we make has a minimum order quantity and the cost to manufacture them all is pretty significant. Running a pre-order programme partially solves this problem, as we can prepare for this financial outlay in advance, which significantly lowers our financial risk and improves our cash flow. This is of course also good for fans and customers alike, as it means our business is far more sustainable for the future!

What we hope is that we can sell these games and special editions direct to our customers. This makes it much easier for us to cover our costs which, in turn, makes it easier for us to bring you more great Japanese games in the future.

If this pre-order programme works out, we can imagine using it in the future - not just for physical editions and limited editions, but also to help us learn what other languages we should be supporting. While we can't do that this time around, we'd love to bring multi-language games out too, and can do it with your help.

Why do you take the funds from my credit card now, rather than waiting until the game is released?
As mentioned previously in the ‘Project Outline’ section, the primary reason for taking funds in advance is to actually cover the costs of manufacturing the cartridges and limited edition extras, which are made to order.

What if I change my mind and want a refund?
Full refunds are available at any time until we place the orders for the cartridges and various goodies - so if for any reason you change your mind, you’re free to get your money back without question. Similarly, if you decide later on that the Shinobi Collectors’ Edition is too good to miss out on, you’ll be able to request a refund and then upgrade! If you would like a refund then you should contact [email protected]

When will you announce the release date?
Our target release date is August 2015. The final release date will depend on three key factors. Firstly, the game will need to be rated by the various classification boards. PEGI (Europe), USK (Germany) and ACB (Australia) all have slightly different processes and take different amounts of time to complete. If there are any queries or requirements on their side, then this can add time to the release schedule. Secondly, the game will need to pass Nintendo quality assurance - the required time for this can vary significantly depending on whether any significant bugs are discovered during the QA process, and the time taken for the game's developer to fix them. Finally, it’s our intention to try to synchronise our launch with XSEED (Marvelous USA) so this may also be an influencing factor. So, please take the target release date only as an estimate. We will, of course, keep you updated on any changes to that date.

Please note, the game is already launched in Japan - your pre-order payments are not to support the development of the game, just the production of the physical versions for the European/Australian territories.

What languages will be available?
SENRAN KAGURA 2: Deep Crimson will only be available in English, with the original Japanese voiceovers. As we have mentioned above, we would love to be able to release our titles in multiple languages in the future. We think that pre-ordering could be a fantastic way to see whether there is sufficient demand for this!

Is SENRAN KAGURA 2: Deep Crimson appropriate for all ages?
No it is not! Sexual innuendo & seductiveness are turned up to 11 in SENRAN KAGURA games, which means it’s not appropriate for younger audiences. We can’t be exactly sure what age ratings SENRAN KAGURA 2 will receive, but we are expecting PEGI 16, USK 16 and ACB M15.

Will SENRAN KAGURA 2: Deep Crimson be released Digitally?
Yes, SENRAN KAGURA 2: Deep Crimson will also be released digitally via the Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo 3DS, and the physical and digital release dates will be synchronised as closely as possible.

Will these copies of SENRAN KAGURA 2: Deep Crimson work on any Nintendo 3DS system?
No they will not. Physical copies of SENRAN KAGURA 2: Deep Crimson sold on this website will ONLY work on systems made for 'PAL' territories (Europe, Australia, NZ, Africa, Middle East).

How are delivery costs calculated?
We are based in the UK (Kent to be precise) and we’ll be sending all of our deliveries out from a warehouse based in the UK. This means that the shipping costs of each edition will vary depending on where you are based geographically.

These varying costs are all based on the prices charged to us for shipping by our logistics suppliers. The only costs we are adding on are the shipping itself. Other things - packaging, boxes, etc, are all included in our base prices. We will not be making ANY profit or markup on shipping costs. We did explore the possibility of having a separate warehouse in mainland Europe, but the logistical issues caused by this meant that it was not viable at this stage.

Why are the shipping costs high?
It's important to us that everyone gets their packages safely, so we are only using 'tracked and signed' shipping for all orders. This does add some cost, unfortunately.

What about taxes?
The prices shown on the home page are inclusive of EU VAT at 20%. If you're in the EU, your shipping cost is also subject to VAT.

Those outside the EU - when you get to the checkout and enter your country for delivery, the VAT will be removed from your bill, and you will not be charged VAT on your delivery costs. However, please be aware that you may be liable for import taxes or other charges when taking delivery into your country. You are responsible for paying all these taxes yourself, and may find that you have to make a payment to your local customs or delivery company before they are able to release the package to you.

What is your policy on censorship?
In short, our intention is to release a version of SENRAN KAGURA 2: Deep Crimson that is identical to the version released by our friends over at XSEED (Marvelous USA).

We have also recently hired a community manager (shout out to @Drazzan) who will be ensuring that we are as transparent as possible, so if any changes are required we will update this page and our website with all relevant information.

Will the game be available in shops?
Currently, our plan is to sell these physical copies, and limited editions, exclusively via our websites. If there’s sufficient demand for them, we plan to offer a lot more physical and limited editions directly to customers in future.

What are the dimensions of the various items?
These are only our best estimates right now, and it is possible that they will change once we begin the manufacturing process.

A2 Fold out poster (59.4cm length x 42.0cm width)
Oppai Mousemat (26cm length x 21cm width)
Shinobi Certificate (21cm length x 15cm width)
Stickers (10cm length x 10cm width)
2 Disk OST (15cm length x 13cm width)
Wall Scroll (30cm length x 10 cm width)
Happy Boobs Box (44cm length x 23cm width)
Shinobi Collector's Edition Box (54cm length x 23cm width)

^
Pretty much if this methods works very well then the chances of seeing a physical and special release for Estival Versus will increase.

Re: Senran Kagura Thread - Deep Crimson Physical Edition! [N

I was hoping to order the Ultimate Shinobi Edition, but came home from a shopping trip to find out that it had sold out. I think I'll get the Happy Boobs Edition instead, because I don't think I'd actually use the wall scroll (no space and I live in the family home) or mouse-mat (I use a laptop with a track-point).

Re: Senran Kagura Thread - Dead or Alive & Ikki Tousen in EV

Estival Versus gets some interesting downloadable content.

Many of you will probably know that Dead or Alive will have Senran Kagura costumes for 5: Final Round (~£2 per costume or ~£32.99 together), but now it's been announced that Ayane from Dead or Alive will also appear in Senran Kagura: Estival Versus. In addition, characters from the infamous Ikki Tousen franchise (most notably from the latest season/OVA; Ikki Tousen: Extravaganza Epoch) will also appear.

l_55141dcdb045e.jpg
l_55141dd217682.jpg

They're all paid DLC however and will be available soon.

Re: Senran Kagura Thread - Dead or Alive & Ikki Tousen in EV DLC

While XSEED will be releasing Estival Versus this fall, Marvelous Europe have just announced their plans to release the series early 2016:
Well there you have it folks, we’ve announced SENRAN KAGURA ESTIVAL VERSUS. It’s been a long time coming, and a lot of preparation has gone into making sure that we deliver on all fronts. We’ve pushed forward with our Limited Editions this time by providing even more within our bundles, as well as offering it for TWO platforms. Below you can read excerpts from our Press Release!

“Marvelous Europe is proud to announce that ‘SENRAN KAGURA ESTIVAL VERSUS’ will be launching across European and Australian territories in early 2016, both physically and digitally on PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®Vita.

SENRAN KAGURA ESTIVAL VERSUS transports the sexy Shinobis to a parallel dimension, where sun-soaked islands are the perfect backdrop for the girls to do battle once more.
Featuring the biggest roster of fighters to date, SENRAN KAGURA ESTIVAL VERSUS is overflowing with explosive ninja moves, outrageous clothes-clearing combos and a scintillating storyline. All previous characters return, with new moves and upgraded skills along with a host of new characters further expanding the roster with new challenges and techniques to master.

SENRAN KAGURA ESTIVAL VERSUS features online multiplayer matches, allowing up to 10 players (PS4™ version only; PS Vita supports up to 4 players) to battle it out at once.
The game is available to pre-order now for £34.99 (PS Vita) and £44.99 (PS4™) for Europe and Australia EXCLUSIVELY at http://www.estivalversus.com. All pre-orders taken at the Marvelous Store will be granted a pre-order bonus of high-quality collectable art cards!

Marvelous Europe is pushing the boat out to paradise once more with even more Physical Limited Editions exclusive to http://www.estivalversus.com. The ‘Kagura Millennium Festival Edition’, at £44.99 (PS Vita) and £54.99 (PS4™) features a 2-CD soundtrack and artbook, while the ‘Bahonkas Edition’ priced at £74.99 (PS Vita) and £84.99 (PS4™) adds an exclusive supersized, double-sided Dakimakura hugging pillowcase. For the most dedicated Kagura Collectors only, the ultra-limited ‘Surprise Shinobi Slippery Splash-n-Spray Sports Special’ adds all previous items, PLUS two different sets of five Senran Kagura figurines (Gessen and New Hebijo), and is priced at £109.99 (PS Vita) and £119.99 (PS4™).”

We'll see what happens before I decide to pre-order, after how they handled Shinovi Versus and Bon Appetit I've put a grain of salt against this company. I'll give them a chance for Deep Crimson, Corpse Party: Blood Drive and this title. I'll probably end up getting 2 copies of Estival Versus anyway (one from Japan, one from this release).

Here's a link to the main Estival Versus pre-order page

Re: Senran Kagura Thread - Estival Versus arriving in EU Early 2016

What's in store for pre-orders:

Note: These sets can only be ordered at Marvelous Europe's website, they will not be made available on other sites like Amazon or Rice Digital.

PlayStation Vita options:
PS Vita - Standard Physical Edition - £34.99
wlaEFfph.jpg

You will receive a physical copy of SENRAN KAGURA ESTIVAL VERSUS for the PlayStation Vita for ONLY £34.99!

PS Vita - Kagura Millennium Festival Edition - £44.99
m6uxuGCh.jpg

Inside the Kagura Millennium Festival Edition you will receive a physical copy of SENRAN KAGURA ESTIVAL VERSUS for the PlayStation Vita as well as:

An ARTBOOK – exclusive 100+ page perfect-bound artbook

A 2 DISC AUDIO CD SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION

All held within a reversible designed PRESENTATION BOX

for ONLY £44.99.

PS Vita - Bahonkas Edition - £74.99
mOyzVChh.jpg

Please note, this edition is exclusively available to customers who pre-order via this site. It will not be available after the game is launched - so reserve your copy NOW!

You will receive ALL the extras in the 'PS Vita - Kagura Millennium Festival' edition, PLUS:

An EXCLUSIVE DAKIMAKURA HUGGING PILLOW CASE (150cm x 50cm) – fits 2 standard pillows or 1 Dakimakura pillow, not included - created especially for this edition.
Note – The Dakimakura design will be a character featured in ESTIVAL VERSUS and not the design featured on this preview – which shall be updated accordingly in our UPDATE features.

All of the above is contained within a fantastic unique reversible limited edition PRESENTATION BOX for ONLY £74.99.

PS Vita - Surprise Shinobi Slippery Splash-n-Spray Sports Special - £109.99
zRGIN7th.jpg

This is a STRICTLY limited edition version of the Bahonkas Edition cranked to overdrive!

You will receive ALL the extras in the 'PS Vita - Bahonkas' edition, PLUS:

2 SETS - EACH OF 5 SENRAN KAGURA FIGURINES – these are the original figurines which were sold with the Japanese versions of Estival Versus. We’ve managed to get our hands on a very small number of these, so please do order now if you want to secure this super-limited edition. ONLY £109.99.

PlayStation 4 options:
PS4 - Standard Physical Edition - £44.99
Z6rFyavh.jpg

You will receive a physical copy of SENRAN KAGURA ESTIVAL VERSUS for the PlayStation 4 for ONLY £44.99!

PS4 - Kagura Millennium Festival Edition - £54.99
gJRGJJQh.jpg

Inside the Kagura Millennium Festival Edition you will receive a physical copy of SENRAN KAGURA ESTIVAL VERSUS for the PlayStation 4 as well as:

An ARTBOOK – exclusive 100+ page perfect-bound artbook

A 2 DISC AUDIO CD SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION

All held within a reversible designed PRESENTATION BOX

for ONLY £54.99.

PS4 - Bahonkas Edition - £84.99
DC0ekZYh.jpg

You will receive ALL the extras in the ' PS4 - Kagura Millennium Festival' edition, PLUS:

An EXCLUSIVE DAKIMAKURA HUGGING PILLOW CASE (150cm x 50cm) – fits 2 standard pillows or 1 Dakimakura pillow, not included - created especially for this edition
Note – The Dakimakura design will be a character featured in ESTIVAL VERSUS and not the design featured on this preview – which shall be updated accordingly in our UPDATE features.

All of the above is contained within a fantastic unique reversible limited edition PRESENTATION BOX for ONLY £84.99.

PS4 - Surprise Shinobi Slippery Splash-n-Spray Sports Special - £119.99
nPXrquYh.jpg

This is a STRICTLY limited edition version of the Bahonkas Edition cranked to overdrive!

You will receive ALL the extras in the 'PS4 - Bahonkas' edition, PLUS:

2 SETS - EACH OF 5 SENRAN KAGURA FIGURINES – these are the original figurines which were sold with the Japanese versions of Estival Versus. We’ve managed to get our hands on a very small number of these, so please do order now if you want to secure this super-limited edition. ONLY £119.99.

I never ever thought I would see the day a body pillow would be made available in the UK, even as an expensive collectors edition

Invisible Crane said:
I never ever thought I would see the day a body pillow would be made available in the UK, even as an expensive collectors edition

It's just a case and there are a ton of Body Pillow cases on eBay. Not that I've looked or anything...

Oh I see, isin't SK:EV that game that came with an OAV in it's original Japanese release that was notable for having a ton of nudity? (something the series did not have?)

Invisible Crane said:
Oh I see, isin't SK:EV that game that came with an OAV in it's original Japanese release that was notable for having a ton of nudity? (something the series did not have?)

Yeah the Estival Versus OVA has nipples lol.

But I seriously don't think it would be a good idea to include for these releases anyway, it would probably end up bumping up the rating if the game did end up with a 16 in the end (I seriously think the game will probably get an 18 at the very least, 1080p 60fps Senran Kagura fun may be a bit too much for the PEGI reviewers).

Re: Senran Kagura Thread - Deep Crimson (3DS) now available to buy on Amazon UK

If you have yet to pickup Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson on the Nintendo 3DS, to my surprise Marvelous Europe have put the standard edition up on Amazon UK for £32.99 (same price as what pre-orders were).

Just thought I'd mention that I reviewed Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson. Was very impressed with it. I absolutely can't wait for Estival Versus =3.

Estival Versus update http://estivalversus.com/updates/

They have sketches of the Dakimakura included in the top tier set. The upgrade from game to game + art book/presentation box/sound track is £10, but it's £30 more to add the Dakimakura, possibly worth it considering how expensive legit ones are.

Back