Second Eva Rebuild 2 Trailer

The first ever trailer showed a lot of the Zeruel/episode 19 stuff taking place in this movie. That all seems to be gone now.

Clearly they've realised taking it to Zeruel was far too much content and trimmed 2.0 back to the end of the Eva-03 incident which will make for an amazing cliffhanger ending. This way maybe they can place more emphasis on the Toji/Hikari and regular life stuff and even go the manga route and brutally kill The Fourth Children for added impact.

Really liking the fact this looks to be entirely new animation as opposed to the first movie which had a lot of the same animation redrawn. Check out that one sequence with Eva-02! Fluid!

Hope they can do Asuka's character justice with her being crammed into a movie that looks to have a hell of a lot going on. Mari looks cute, too - yet another character being introduced in this one.

Anyone know if this is running longer than 1.0 and it's numerous iterations?

Losername said:
The first ever trailer showed a lot of the Zeruel/episode 19 stuff taking place in this movie. That all seems to be gone now.

Clearly they've realised taking it to Zeruel was far too much content and trimmed 2.0 back to the end of the Eva-03 incident which will make for an amazing cliffhanger ending.

Zereul is at 0:27 and you saw a clear shot of his face in the previous trailer. It looks like it is gonna be pretty crammed.

Ark said:
Zereul is at 0:27 and you saw a clear shot of his face in the previous trailer. It looks like it is gonna be pretty crammed.

You're right, actually. That is definitely Zeruel's face in the first proper trailer with the trademark light up and destroy eyes. How on Earth are they fitting all this into the movie? It seriously seems way too much for an hour and a half and to still get some decent character development in.

Hey guys & girls,not wanting to put to much of a damper on this post and no doubt this has already being said on this forum by someone else.But for the love of god ,I do not believe there is any other anime show in existence that has been milked as much as NGE.
First there was the tv series,then the movies when people could'nt understand what the hell was going on in the last few episodes of the tv series .
Then there 's the dvd's ,I swear they must have got the idea for all these different releases of the same tv series from George Lucas.I might plump someday for the platinum edition myself ,but people tell me I'm wrong here and these movies are nothing more than cut down versions of the orignal tv series with better animation.
I know there are a lot of NGE fans and that is the only reason these movies are coming out ,,to make money.Nothing wrong in that ,but if the plot and storyline stay consistent with the orignal tv series what's the point.
It's basically NGE the Enhanced Edition and I think they already brought that out with the Platinum edition and i think they should have left it at that.
PS. sorry for the long post people ,once I start hard to stop :)

well to be fair these movies have changes that aren't in the series (more then just new animation) There's new characters and new eva units, and possibly more changes to the storyline but that's an unknown at this point. Kawrou was introduced earlier so how that affects the story line remains to be seen.

You are right that its milking the franchise but if its good quality and itsn't a rehash or just simple pandering to the fans then i will welcome it.

Urzu seven said:
But for the love of god ,I do not believe there is any other anime show in existence that has been milked as much as NGE.
Gundam, Dragon Ball, Pokemon and maybe Tenchi?

chaos said:
Urzu seven said:
But for the love of god ,I do not believe there is any other anime show in existence that has been milked as much as NGE.
Gundam, Dragon Ball, Pokemon and maybe Tenchi?

I can see the first 3 clearly.. I would also say Naruto though :p

I think any anime series that gets popular gets milked to death.

As long as the product is good, I don't mind.

Losername said:
I think any anime series that gets popular gets milked to death.

As long as the product is good, I don't mind.
That is very true.

Slightly on topic now. I've re-watched the original Eva series starting Friday and just finished ep26. The anime shows its age (it's been 13 years after all), the remastered versions sounds crisp.

I could not spot many differences between the director's cut and the original on air version, besides a little extended version of Rei's death

Last edited by a moderator:
chaos said:
I could not spot many differences between the director's cut and the original on air version, besides a little extended version of Rei's death

Asuka's mind rape?

Losername said:
That is definitely Zeruel's face in the first proper trailer with the trademark light up and destroy eyes. How on Earth are they fitting all this into the movie? It seriously seems way too much for an hour and a half and to still get some decent character development in.

The whole of Rahxephon was crammed into a single movie and it almost worked. Handled right I'm sure they can cover the mid section of the series without rushing it. So long as appropriate adjustments are made. The ending of the Zeruel's attack might make a better conclusion than the Eva-03 incident anyhow.

I'm certain someone will inevitably get short changed in character development though, what with there being at least three more characters introduced - hopefully not Asuka.

Ark said:
chaos said:

Asuka's mind rape?
Another sample of my memory not working so well. I've seen that scene before, so I guess that in my mind I didn't considered it part of the director's cut because of that.
[/img]

Back