Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.

Jaymii

Baka Ranger
The other incredible film of the year is coming out soon, Scott Pilgrim. Just to catch people up, its based on a comic book series with throwbacks and references abound, starring Michael Cera and Mary Elizabeth Winsted and a pretty awesome cast all round. Most importantly, its directed by Edgar Wright.

<object width="450" height="292"><param name="movie" value="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/22670"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/22670" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="292" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

There's a well-written review of the rough cut over at AICN.

Lovin the way this movie looks and the second half of this trailer is pure epicness. now if it doesnt dissappint me like 9 did with its epic trailer but not to amazin movie :D

It actually looks promising. I love the comic book vibe and the music selection sounds good and since Edgar Wright is directing it's guaranteed to be very funny and very smart.

Haven't read the comic book.

I started to read Scott Pilgrim last year after it was recommended to me by the folks at Page 45 and I became quite a fan of it.

Both trailers look promising since the film is being made by Edgar Wright, Looks very stylish and funny.

Scott Pilgrim Volume 6 will be coming out somewhere this summer so its something to look forward to before the movie comes out.

Just a heads up: the international trailer is incredibly spoilerific so its best to avoid if you like to stay... unspoiled.

My only fear after reading the books? They will focus too much on the battles.

Jayme said:
Just a heads up: the international trailer is incredibly spoilerific so its best to avoid if you like to stay... unspoiled.

My only fear after reading the books? They will focus too much on the battles.

It is? I saw it and I didn't feel that spoiled...maybe I wasn't paying attention or maybe you're a harsher definer of spoiler

I suppose it all depends. There's a lot of cliffhangery stuff that is just put out there in the trailer, but won't mean much to anyone until they have seen the film. They are "spoilers" without you knowing them as such, kinda like a opening to any number of shonen shows.

HOWEVER, a good portion of the Scott Pilgrim story is them just sitting around talking, so in a sense, it'll remain completely unspoiled for everyone.

daichi383 said:
Lovin the way this movie looks and the second half of this trailer is pure epicness. now if it doesnt dissappint me like 9 did with its epic trailer but not to amazin movie :D
A friend of mine with good taste managed to get himself into the rough cut screening and he said it's exactly what it promises.

I'm really looking forward to this one.

chaos said:
daichi383 said:
A friend of mine with good taste managed to get himself into the rough cut screening and he said it's exactly what it promises.

I'm really looking forward to this one.
Thats defiently good news. when does this movie come out here anyway?

Dear God, I am excited.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4zBSt2-w9iM&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4zBSt2-w9iM&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

The UK release has been delayed till the 25th August also.

EDIT: Didn't want to double post, but just wanted to post these somewhere. They are remixes, using movie footage, each focusing on a certain aspect of the story. Not spoilerific in terms of plot, but feature a lot of scenes not seen in the trailer or anywhere else.

1) PREPARE - Empire
Click here

2) HEY - UGO
Click here

3) LOVE - Moviefone
Click here

4) RAMONA - HitFix
Click here

5) FIGHT - Metacafe
Click here

6) YEAH - ComingSoon
Click here

7) WHAT - JoBlo
Click here

daichi383 said:
im just about to go and watch the first screening to celebrate not f*cking my exams up :p

i went to the first screening because i'm messing my dissertation up! hahaha! (well done on exams though!)
and the verdict: awesome! go and see it asap! go!

Just watched it again, with family, and they loved it as well. Besides picking up some little extra jokes here and there, I think I preferred this watch to my first. I simply enjoyed the experience a lot more and because of it, the structure felt more natural. From the get-go I enjoyed it, whereas before I liked it but it took the entire film (well, Matthew Patel) for me to actually love it.

The manga is brilliant read all 6 volumes in one night shift at work, couldn't put it down, although the mange concentrates on his friends more than the film does which I really liked

Went to see it with some friends, and im planning on seeing it again soon. I really enjoyed it.
The only complaint i have is it seemed a bit too long.

Back