Sayonara anime central?

I can't say I didn't see this coming. It couldn't keep going on like it is without something majorly changing and real soon too. I will guess either this is a restructuring, or they have sold the channel to someong else to try and claw back some of the losses. One thing's for sure, putting the word "anime" in the title of a channel is poisonous to that channel. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Alright guys, i've just been onto the Anime Central Website and i found that the channel ISNT closing, but instead its moving to the rock channel Scuzz.. which is good news.. BUT the downfall is that it will only be broadcasting two evenings a week.. on fri's and sats.... i cant be arsed to go into detail so if u wanna know more go onto the site and find out for yourself. Kthanksbye.

Uixka said:
Alright guys, i've just been onto the Anime Central Website and i found that the channel ISNT closing, but instead its moving to the rock channel Scuzz

Scuzz are just showing GITS:SAC, thats all.

The future of AC is still just guesswork at this time as CSC are not telling anyone whats going on

I'm not really that surprised. Although I didn't see much wrong with constantly cycling Ghost in the Shell... even I get bored with that after a few weeks. Shame though, I just started getting into Cowboy Bebop after I managed to hook the first volume with a Beez lucky dip bag at the MCM expo.

Project-2501 said:
The future of AC is still just guesswork at this time as CSC are not telling anyone whats going on
Yes, it's that kind of shoody level of distrust between CSC and the audiance that has bitten them in the ass.

I meen, we've been here before- The Naruto shambulls, Jetix told NO ONE that it was going to be on at 8p and edited, now no one can just them as far as they can be thrown. ADV canceling Anime Network and then more or less pissing on thier fans, most people want them gone now and now CSC.

I would like to hope CSC has seen the mistakes of the past and will do something, hell even a "sorry, we can't make money on this, it needs to go" and just do it.

Leaving us hanging is no way to do business.

EDIT:
Huh...it seems AC's gone indipendent of Popgirl though, why go indipendent of a channel when your going to snuff it?

I wish we could have a return to the 90's with C4 or bbc2 (or 3 or 4) showing anime in a regular slot once or twice a week.

The issue with an "anime channel" is that i think its impossible to please all the anime fans, too much this, not enough that etc

Something like an hour on a saturday dubbed, then the same subbed on the sunday. Get someone like Rossy (if it was the bbc, he's expensive) to publicuse it and away they go.

Conan-san said:
Project-2501 said:
Yes, it's that kind of shoody level of distrust between CSC and the audiance that has bitten them in the ass.

I meen, we've been here before- The Naruto shambulls, Jetix told NO ONE that it was going to be on at 8p and edited, now no one can just them as far as they can be thrown. ADV canceling Anime Network and then more or less pissing on thier fans, most people want them gone now and now CSC.

I would like to hope CSC has seen the mistakes of the past and will do something, hell even a "sorry, we can't make money on this, it needs to go" and just do it.

Leaving us hanging is no way to do business.

EDIT:
Huh...it seems AC's gone indipendent of Popgirl though, why go indipendent of a channel when your going to snuff it?
in Jetix's defence they did wanna show Naruto uncut but they were told if they did they would be heavily fined!

there is no proof that Anime Central is about to die

it just won't be a channel of it's own anymore

CSC's band new channel Kix is going too so i'd personally assume it will merge AC with Kix starting at 9pm

tomoismywife said:
In Jetix's defence they did wanna show Naruto uncut but they were told if they did they would be heavily fined!
Then they should of come out and said "Look, we're not going to be able to show Naruto uncut, sorry but we have asses we'd like to not get kicked in" rather than tell no one and become the reincaration of Mary Whitehouse.

I'm not against the action of obaying Ofcom's decisions on what is correct or not (regardless of my personal feelings and the fact that verious other companies have flowted it before, Toonami with Outlaw Star for example) I'm against the action of keeping quiet, quietly moving the premare time from 5p to 8p and then cuting it. If it was just the cuting, it would be an anoyance yes, but at least I could see it at a time where Eastenders doesn't loom over me like it's 1984 and it want's me dead for doublethink.

Ryo Chan said:

it just won't be a channel of it's own anymore

CSC's band new channel Kix is going too so i'd personally assume it will merge AC with Kix starting at 9pm
That's kinda pathetic of CSC, Kix is/was a great mix of Transfromers and Medabots, you know, action shows. What does that say of action cartoons in this day and age if Kix can't last the broad side of a month?

Well after doing a quick sweep of the tv guide they don't seem to be airing anime any more so my bad :oops: but in the past it was usualy ADV stuff like Divergence Eve and i think Gilgermesh

Project-2501 said:
Ryo Chan said:

Don't bother, logic and sense doesn't work on Conan-kun. ;)

Oh, and isn't Naruto on at 8:30?
I dunno, the constant looping of two shows seems pretty good evidence of, at the very least, things going to ****.

And 8.30 just makes things worse. I thought edits were supposed to make the show accessable to children. Puting it at 8 onwards kind of defeats the idea of censoring it and, one would argue, geting the licence at all.

BlackWolf said:
Well after doing a quick sweep of the tv guide they don't seem to be airing anime any more so my bad :oops: but in the past it was usualy ADV stuff like Divergence Eve and i think Gilgermesh

they seemed to have moved their anime to scuzz with............. Ghost in a shell

not seen that in a while :roll:

Edit:

Hello...... what's all this then

AC has a broadcast screen on now advertising it's start at 9pm

wouldn't that mean it's moved off the pop girl bandwidth?

Back