Sayonara anime central?

mm, weird, just checked their website and there is nothing there, no announcements...
BTW, on sky listting they still have the same slot as before and guess what? The same shows... :/

Popgirl have increased their runtime to 11pm, AC and popgirl are now on different PIDs. As for its meaning, it means Popgirl can play longer.

Rockworld have shown quite a few anime, they seem to show 2 series starting July/aug and then take a break from it for 6 months. Rockworld have really crappy viewing figures ;)

CSC are just making the most of their 2 year GITS:SAC licenses with Scuzz.

Anime Central could've become more popular if it showed younger anime during the day or had more shows, I found it too hard to watch every thing up to date, it's just easier to buy them or watch illegal

xxXXmoomooXXxx said:
CSCs ? :?

Chart Show Channels.

From what I understand is that Animecentral will cease as a channel and run as a block on Scuzz on Saturday and Friday. I don't think that's that bad a deal, GITS is confirmed and according to the official CSC site more is expected to come.

xxXXmoomooXXxx said:
Okay thanks, a little confused XD
Anime Central is a channel owned by Chart Show Channel Group (CSC). Other channels owned by CSC include Scuzz, Popgirl and of course Chart Show channel itself. Anime Central as a channel in its own right and instead looks set to become a block on another of the group's channels, namely Scuzz. That really is as simple as it gets.

Ryo Chan said:
i'd still put my money on it become a block of True Entertainment and the Scuzz is just a temp home
Yeah, Something like that'll happen. Channel 188 or where-ever AC was meant to go will be it.

Ryo Chan said:
i'd still put my money on it become a block of True Entertainment and the Scuzz is just a temp home

Very much so but lets not let common sense get in the way of randomly reinterpreting a one line statement on a website :lol:

To quote CSC:
"Scuzz is the only non-stop rock digital channel!"

And True Entertainment is listed by Ofcom as 'cartoons', so that means AC must be moving to Scuzz ;)

They've got the TV rights to GITS for 2 years, they might as well spread it around and get some more interest in Anime before they make whatever changes are in the pipeline to AC. Scuzz (an ex-Sky run channel) gets more viewers per day than AC got at its peak in a week.

I think thats probably because ROCK/Metal has a larger "user base".
But Its good that that are trying to get new viewers, but i'm not sure if GITS is the best for scuzz (much as i like it).

chaos said:
true entertaiment is probably hentai... :p
yeah right, I garantee you it'll probably be whatever's on Kix right now without Medabots, Spider Riders and Transformers with the Ghostboy in the Bebop loop at night.

Hmmm... Ghostboy in the Bebop...
Now what would happen if that became an actual anime; a Cowboy Bebop/Ghost In The Shell crossover (Not that it would actually happen), and that started showing constantly instead?

Back