S.A.V.E sets

Shakey

Dandy Guy, in Space
Found a few of these sets online but the save logo that wraps round the side and front of the sets looks pretty naff and has put me off. I was wondering if anyone had purchased one of these sets and if this was a sticker or something?

Part of the cover art? that replaces the spine writing what the hell kind of sense does that make =S

edit: Just clicked the FAQ link, the photo TC posted seems to be a removable label the cover art permanent logo looks different.

The FAQ states that the label is removable. The spines are printed, however. Fortunately for you, the spine of the Gankutsuou release does not appear to be bright green.

What i gathered from the FAQ was that sets like beck with the save spine were permanent, but some sets were reversible. The sets like Kanon and Gankutsuou have removable save labels.

Edit: Lol too slow

the s.a.v.e. set have put me off not knowin if removeable or not, but after askin someone else i've now got season 2 of school rumble with the sticker but i'm not going to get those awful sets with the green spines it wouldn't be so bad if it didn't have S.A.V.E. all over it,
if theres any series i want i'd rather pay extra not to have it

sideways said:
the s.a.v.e. set have put me off not knowin if removeable or not, but after askin someone else i've now got season 2 of school rumble with the sticker but i'm not going to get those awful sets with the green spines it wouldn't be so bad if it didn't have S.A.V.E. all over it,
if theres any series i want i'd rather pay extra not to have it

I'm sure if it's a series that shows it's a save over the box and the spine it's a definite cert that it's removable. As you can see on The Kanon or Count of Monte Cristo, it goes over the spine from front to back cutting of text on the spine, bit stupid if FUNi started printing sets like that

Only Suzuka, Magikano, Air (Movie) and Big Windup, have it irremovable.
Others are all stickers like Kanon and Gankutso, have revesable covers or aren't out yet so we can't check.*

*Beck, The Wallflower and Project Blue Earth SOS are out but haven't been checked yet.

I really don't understand the compulsion companies have for decorating re-releases with brightly coloured invasive banners. Surely the number of people you'll convince to buy the original releases (if they know the budget version is going to look awful) would be far outweighed by those who don't buy the budget release because of the hideous detractions from the cover art?

I'd apply the same logic to these releases that I do to PS3 games; I'd rather buy a second-hand original copy than a platinum one covered in yellow.

As said FUNis aren't too bad in that respect in that the lurid green is removable on most releases.
The eyecatch effect in an actual shop combined with impulse purchase level pricing must help somewhat. They are 1/3 the price of the original boxsets in most cases. It's aceptable to have to remove a sticker/ turn cover round for that sort of reduction.

Reaper gI said:
Only Suzuka, Magikano, Air (Movie) and Big Windup, have it irremovable.
Others are all stickers like Kanon and Gankutso, have revesable covers or aren't out yet so we can't check.*

*Beck, The Wallflower and Project Blue Earth SOS are out but haven't been checked yet.

Yeah i have Suzuka and its the unremovable spine logo, doesn't look very good but the sets are very cheap, Suzuka cost me £9 for a 26 ep series.

On the other hand I got the Aquarion set and that had just the removable sticker (may have even just been on the outside if the factory seal can't remember tbh) and the Gankutsuou looks similar from the pictures. Gankutsuou is next on my to buy list anyway so i'll find out.

These are pretty good I'd have to say, overall. I swear to anybody I ordered Shattered Angels from... somewhere, but I can't for the life of me see the confirmation email or it listed in my order history anywhere. :-/

I bought the Gankutsuou SAVE set from Playtrade for £12.86, couldn't be bothered with rightstuff. I never watch the extras anyway (well maybe the clean opening/closing) and i'm not really arsed about the packaging, the only packaging i really dislike is the horrible viridian all-card ones that Funimation used to do (have Blue Gender with it and wouldn'y get any others).

Back