• Vash (Trigun)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
------------------------------------------------------
--ROUND ONE; BATTLE ONE. SPIKE vs. VASH--

For those who don't know, Spike Spiegal is perhaps the most important character in the anime Cowboy Bebop, while Vash is the protagonist of Trigun, a mysterious and powerful gun-wielding hero; images of both are attached. (and by images I mean standard images, don't expect anything special!)

At this early stage I have gone for Spike over Vash because, as Unit 0 says below, he's a more developed character with his own tragic story, plus he secretes coolness.

Please comment on your choice.

General information can be found here, and be sure to vote here for Kirika and Motoko.

Good idea. I hope Spike wins this round as I think he deserves it being the better character. I think the Naruto vs. Ichigo match will be interesting.

i dont think he devers to win but i put vash as he is stonger (spike cant charge bullets directions with rocks. but i do like spike better.

Unit 0 said:
Good idea. I hope Spike wins this round as I think he deserves it being the better character. I think the Naruto vs. Ichigo match will be interesting.

Thanks. I think Spike is well on his way to winning this round - where have all the Trigun fans gone? :D

The Naruto vs. Ichigo match will definatly be one to watch, there is a reason I moved it to the bottom of the list when it started at the top; we pretty much decided on those two before any other pairs were chosen.

I expect Spike to win this given Bebop's overwhelming popularity, please remember that when you vote on this thread take the time to vote on the other fight in this round, HERE.

Has to be Spike for me, he did take down the perfect killing machine 'Mad Pierrot' in Bebop afterall, thus proving he's the most dangerous gunslinger in the (quasi-future) West. ;)

kupoartist said:
The only two characters I actually like are fighting each other. Why can't they just get along!

Well, they where pretty much a given as a pairing, due Bebop and Trigun's mid-to-late nighties releases and sci-fi/western settings. It's also interesting to see how the two of them compare in terms of popularity.

Sadly, we decided not to add a Gundam character, purely because it would be hard to represent the franchise with one character, and if we put Char instead of Amuro or Kira instead of Heero, we'd get more arguments than battles.

Spike, purely for resourcefulness.

Chomolungma said:
Sadly, we decided not to add a Gundam character, purely because it would be hard to represent the franchise with one character, and if we put Char instead of Amuro or Kira instead of Heero, we'd get more arguments than battles.

Isn't that the basis of Gundam fandom anyway? :lol:

Chomolungma said:
Well, they where pretty much a given as a pairing, due Bebop and Trigun's mid-to-late nighties releases and sci-fi/western settings. It's also interesting to see how the two of them compare in terms of popularity.
Nope, I was refering to Tohru / Osaka, which I guess is a bit different ^^.

Here Spike wins by virtue of not being in Trigun, the only anime series I've ever stopped watching after a single episode because I couldn't actually find anything I liked about it. Can't say I overly care for either character (or many of the others in the character battle for that matter, but that's my fault and not yours :p)

Chomolungma said:
TBH, for the very same reason you could expect people to just outright moan because you've not put any there at all :p. But then, I think the Gundam fans are just a very loud vocal minority on these boards, and even the most satisfying character would still loose because Gundam is very niche. It must be: the UK would have more DVDs if it wasn't.

Though i'd vote Char anyday. Everyone loves Char!

I dont think Spike is much of an active person (You know, pumping muscles at the gym etc.)
Vash looks more able to fight. He has guns and looks like he can handle himself in a fight.

This is going on 1st appearences, as I've not seen either series. So I vote Vash.

i voted spike cause well i haven't seen trigun....so i don't think i could vote for someone i have no idea about.

Both of these guys are damn cool, and it's hard to decide between them. But I'm going to vote for Vash simply because "LOVE AND PEACE!". Heh, I nearly pissed myself when he first said that, I think it was just the way the Japanese VA said it. :lol:

kupoartist said:
Here Spike wins by virtue of not being in Trigun, the only anime series I've ever stopped watching after a single episode because I couldn't actually find anything I liked about it.

The first few episodes aren't very good, they're quite plain. But trust me, if you give it a chance, the story gets a whole let better and deeper.

Hmmmm, bounty hunter.....$$60,000,000 bounty..... You just had to know they were gonna tangle someday.

Spike, in spite of the CB ending.

My vote went for Spike, i havn't seen Trigun yet, but i think however elusive Vash is i believe Spike would win with those fluid fighting movements

I voted for Vash, although I haven't seen either Trigun, or the whole of Cowboy Bebop.
Spike is a popular character and I didn't really take to him in the series, so vote for the underdog I say! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back