Overseas Rightstuf Xmas Sale 2017 | Celebrate the Bargains by getting hit by Customs!

Two parcels from Right Stuf so far this sale, both over the limit, the first snuck through, the second is currently pending a charge (waiting for the grey card now), and both came via Switzerland by Ascendia.

I see what happened... My first parcel was missing the customs declaration label. No item listing, no prices, and I guess the RM couldn't be bothered with opening the box to find out.

Could be that my first sale package also missed the customs label, as three days ago it was in Brussels and now i see it's back in Chicago :eek:

Sure hope to, send an email to both Rightstuf and customs office here. But with the holidays around, an answer will likely take a while.

Funny thing, or not, is that i actually had a similar experience with Rightstuf 2 years ago when a package supposedly was also back on it's way to the US, according to the tracking page. But the problem was that the address label wasn't very readable, and actually the package was still in the local postal services and after confirmation of my address i did receive it two days later. So tracking pages aren't always reliable either, that or just that of US Postal as on both accounts the package was shipped with US Postal.

Ordered To love ru today as its the mega deal...

I know tracking services are not reliable. Not from Rightstuf, buy elsewhere I have had tracking not being updated until AFTER I picked it up at my local post office :p (yes I do from time to check trackings afterward too)
Never had issues with Rightstuf or USPS in the past, so reading these things are a bit unsetteling.

Well call me Arthur Brown since I decided to place a final order in the sale, customs be damned I'll play with that fire!;)

Picked up:
  • Gantz Anime Classics DVD
  • Gungrave Anime Classics Blu Ray
  • The Troubled Life of Miss Kotoura PE

Really hopes this just means it left the air port and not that they are shipping it back to America...
"Your item departed a transfer airport in METROPOLITAN AREA, OSLO, NORWAY on December 22, 2017 at 10:31 pm. "

Oh well, signed my epost up for updates on that order, so will probally know in a few days, as long as actually get those emails and my email is not cheating me.

Well call me Arthur Brown since I decided to place a final order in the sale, customs be damned I'll play with that fire!;)

Picked up:
  • Gantz Anime Classics DVD
  • Gungrave Anime Classics Blu Ray
  • The Troubled Life of Miss Kotoura PE
This finally arrived via a grey hostage slip. Customs were less than usual though, I usually end up paying almost £10 more. Not sure if I'll bother with the next sale unless there's a good deal or two, the customs free RS train seems to have thoroughly derailed. Ah well it was a good run for me. Even with customs I still managed to save a bit (Miss Kotoura is hard to find for cheap)

Last edited:
This finally arrived via a grey hostage slip. Customs were less than usual though, I usually end up paying almost £10 more. Not sure if I'll bother with the next sale unless there's a good deal or two, the customs free RS train seems to have thoroughly derailed. Ah well it was a good run for me. Even with customs I still managed to save a bit (Miss Kotoura is hard to find for cheap)

Well if it helps the currency rate improved recently so that might explain why you may have saved some cash ;)

Back