Review of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

It get's a 6/10 for me. It's enjoyable and has some tension in it but the plot is way too clunky. Plus I can't really deal with time travel unless it's being used as a one off plot device as in The Time Machine or Now and Then Here and There.

Also what's up with the audio commentary? They just make silly jokes and pointless observations the whole time. Why even bother to have one if that's all you're gonna do. It seems that Japanese men can't really be around women without acting like children. That always seems to happen with Japanese audio commentaries whenever there are men and women.

Ark said:
It seems that Japanese men can't really be around women without acting like children. That always seems to happen with Japanese audio commentaries whenever there are men and women.
I could say that's a result of Japan as a nation being emasculated by the United States after World War II. Either that, or most men act like that everywhere. :wink:

Finally checked this out - and it was damn good too. Lots of fun to watch, but still packing an emotional punch at the end. Don't think I felt entirely happy with some of the films closing thoughts, but still, likely the best anime movie of 2008.

Wildcard said:
Finally checked this out - and it was damn good too. Lots of fun to watch, but still packing an emotional punch at the end. Don't think I felt entirely happy with some of the films closing thoughts, but still, likely the best anime movie of 2008.

Agree, haven't seen a film like this for quite some time. It stayed with me for a long time after it finished- I'll definitely be recommending it to my friends.

Realising how much I love films like this doesn't make me feel very manly though :mrgreen:, going to get back on Dexter series 3 tonight to cancel out some of the excess WAFF..

Finally watched it myself, easily my favourite movie of all time anime wise (if not among all films i've seen).

My only beef with it was it seemed to lack sign subtitles.

Back