Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RUBBISH!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Paul Bates said:
Shut yourself out from the hype and sit down to Naruto with no expectations. It's a simple anime, fun, exciting and sympathetic. My heart lies with the characters who despite carrying all the emotional baggage in the world come across as likable people striving to do something important with their lives. Watching them bond, form friendships and inevitably protect each other is heart warming and addictive. Then there is the ultra stylized ninja element, with its various larger than life techniques and tactical manoeuvres that make up the nitty gritty of the sometimes earth shattering action. Naruto is recommend to fans of anime young and old who love their action drenched in dark red emotion.

Click here to read the full review.

Agree with this review? What do you think of Naruto - #1?

Personally I didn't like the earlier episodes of Naruto, and when it began to pick up - it hit me with a face full of filler. Regardless of that, the earlier episodes are some of the worse ones, other then the Zabuza/Haku arc.

I remembered being disappointed by the first 5 or 6 episodes of Naruto too - but when I rewatched them for this review I found I actually really enjoyed them. Sure, a lot of it is fairly slapstick comedy and harmless ninja training, but like you say, once Zabuza turns up things really start to get interesting.

I can't wait to get to the "forest of death".

Ah, I've seen a fair bit.

*Coughs* - The following is merely a hypothesis, mere theory - and is not meant to incriminate me in any way.

Say, hypothetically speaking, say I used to be a fansubber. This series would of have to been my most hated in regards to it... 1000's of whining little people each week asking why the episode wasn't out yet, when it hadn't even aired.

Of those shows you can just sink into, loved it from the start, and although the fillers do get poor reviews I have enjoyed them, but now they're finally ending and we're getting back to the Sasuke story I am gonna be glued to the screen again

Im half way through the dvds at the moment and loving everything except Narutos annoying saying 'believe it' yes, believe it. Also its quite funny too which I didnt expect at all, I guess I enjoyed it more because I didnt believe the hype and put any expectation on it.

Cliffhangers... and falling off the edge

I have been really surprised by this show. And the final three episodes on this volume, my god, I was on the edge of my seat. Normally I hate kids shows where characters die and come back to life. But I have now revised my policy. Never have I been more excited than when my favourite character gets up. I was so happy that I went to the next room to yell to my family, "He's not dead."

Trust me. I don't normally say things like that. Only a show like Naruto could have this effect on me.

I poured myself a whiskey, sat down and was pleasantly surprised. It's not a groundbreaking show, nor is it intended to be. It's a colourful, comical blast of fun with a thoughtfully written cast and most impoortantly, lots of ninjas. I think of Naruto as a bit of light relief in comparison with the darker or more serious stuff I normally watch. Until the filler arcs appear I'll definitely continue to watch this.

It's cool...I don't think it's AMAZING~! or anything though. It's something fun to watch when I can be bothered, but I don't make an effort to get some free time to watch it. I got it on the day it came out, and I've only watched the first three episodes. Really, if it wasn't so cheap, I probably wouldn't have bothered.

I really don't think it deserves the hype that's been thrust on it...I really don't know why so many people decided it's the best thing ever. Out of all the stuff in the Viz Jump, I'd say Naruto is totally one of the weakest. The anime is fun and all, but I'm not gonna be convinced that it's some kinda Shakespeare-quality masterpiece.

This a review topic for the first DVD or the series? o_O If its first DVD then I can't say anything as I've not watched enough of the dubbed eps. As for the series, I like it, yeah. It's got some great characters in it, and the story is very likeable. My only gripe (aside the usual about filler) is they've kinda got too many characters..

Really hated the first two episodes, but was pleasantly surprised when after episode three it got better and better. Shallow but very enjoyable.

I only started to really take an interest in it from when Orochimaru attacked the village & killed the 3rd Hokage. There were some occassional good episodes b4 that, but I feel the story really picked up after that. But again lost track after abt the 160th episode...

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Cliffhangers... and falling off the edge

Manga Girls said:
I have been really surprised by this show. And the final three episodes on this volume, my god, I was on the edge of my seat. Normally I hate kids shows where characters die and come back to life. But I have now revised my policy. Never have I been more excited than when my favourite character gets up. I was so happy that I went to the next room to yell to my family, "He's not dead."

Trust me. I don't normally say things like that. Only a show like Naruto could have this effect on me.

Lol I think I dito that post ^_^

Im up to episode 56 of Naruto at the moment, really good stuff, though Im sticking to the subbed version as I prefer Naruto saying dattebayo than believe it

I have to say, I'm the kind of person who dislikes anime like Dragon Ball Z but I bought the two Naruto DVD's to help support the UK anime scene and after watching them I was quite hooked to be honest. The moment I really got into the series was when Zabuza and Haku showed up and it was quite emotional and interesting stuff. I think the series can only get better if they keep up that level of entertainment. The only thing that annoys me is how they take six episodes just to beat one person, I prefer things like Full Metal Panic where they just kick the guy's **** and get it over with in one episode and then move onto the next guy.

Back