Religion

Robbeech90 said:
Do we have any Wiccans on here or any other Pegan worshipers?
My mother is a roman catholic while my father was a shintoist. I was brought up with both values. First to fourth grade I was in a catholic school, 5th to 8th grade in a seventh-day adventist. High school was normal, but first two years of college I've been to a methodist university.

As shintoism is not christian religion, I think it can be called pagan, although not in the sense as you wanted.

Aion said:
Maxon said:
I don't see putting faith in something you can't prove as pathetic.
Anyone can put faith in something that doesn't exist; I could create an imaginary friend (called Sasuke, btw) and argue with everyone that he does exist even if no-one can see him; that wouldn't make me brave. It would also be rather pathetic if I blew myself up because I thought it was what Sasuke wanted me to do.
Your example has nothing to do with it. What you're talking about is a mental disorder.

Believing in God has led many to better themselves and help others. Tell me what part of helping others and trying to become a better person is pathetic. Even if something doesn't exist, where's the harm in it if helps people to try to make the world a better place?

Lupus Inu said:
I have a religion - It's called Scientology, is this awesome, Y/N?

Don't even go there :)

It's not a religion either, more of a business, or at the very least to place some part of religious-ness into it, a cult.

Robbeech90 said:
Do we have any Wiccans on here or any other Pegan worshipers?
I used to be pretty hardcore into paganism. Probably because i thought it was really cool when i was 14.

Now though, even though i don't openly go round proclaiming paganism [the fact i was put into a christian school, could cause some trouble with that :lol: ], if i had to call myself a religion i'd still probably say neo pagan/wiccan. I dont practice a lot of the beliefs but the well meaning morals [as with most religions] and the belief system based heavily on nature is something that i feel is...good? I cant think of the right words to describe it.

Aion said:
Quite simply, religion is for weak minded people who need to believe there's more to life than breeding and dying. Putting faith in God pushes away those thoughts, replacing them with the hope that our creator has a cave of wonders waiting for people who die. It's pathetic.

I believe in nothing. But, if I were to believe in a powerful existence that created everything, the image in my head would be of a demon and not something that created life out of the goodness of its heart. Something that created this world is fairly odd if it wanted life to be happy.

I Share your Views and stand by my theory that Religion was used to scare whole populations into abiding laws subliminaly.
How do you chastize a whole country? by scaring it into thinking that whatever they do in life will be judged.
And if you think about it...."god" is meant to be forgiving so
1 why would there be hell? (if your gunna believe in heaven then why not hell)
2 why would he bother judging you if he's going to forgive you either way?
3 Why would he tell you to blow yourself up to punish others if he's going to forgive them anyway?
It contradicts itslef.

Another point is....religion was made by primitives....my proof:
Egyptians believed that the sun was a god....through time and science we've learnt its just a giant star. Religion in my eyes is a primitive ideology thats been wrote down in a book and passed on for far too long.

I have a solution to all the worlds religion shite....
read every religious book....its the same friggin story, the only difference is that the characters have different names due to the translation between languages and language updates through time. (example: old english-> modern english) the whole world should decide on 1 religion and become a communist world.
then you all abide the same religion, no agro.

as this is just my views that im showing you all. don't mistake it for trying to convert you to my ideas.

I'll be happy when this worlds dust to be honest. whats there to preserve? civil war is approaching in the UK, wars are being fought right now. all for a **** reason....religion.

Tachi- said:
Aion said:
Quite simply, religion is for weak minded people who need to believe there's more to life than breeding and dying. Putting faith in God pushes away those thoughts, replacing them with the hope that our creator has a cave of wonders waiting for people who die. It's pathetic.

I believe in nothing. But, if I were to believe in a powerful existence that created everything, the image in my head would be of a demon and not something that created life out of the goodness of its heart. Something that created this world is fairly odd if it wanted life to be happy.

I Share your Views and stand by my theory that Religion was used to scare whole populations into abiding laws subliminaly.
How do you chastize a whole country? by scaring it into thinking that whatever they do in life will be judged.
And if you think about it...."god" is meant to be forgiving so
1 why would there be hell? (if your gunna believe in heaven then why not hell)
2 why would he bother judging you if he's going to forgive you either way?
3 Why would he tell you to blow yourself up to punish others if he's going to forgive them anyway?
It contradicts itslef.

Another point is....religion was made by primitives....my proof:
Egyptians believed that the sun was a god....through time and science we've learnt its just a giant star. Religion in my eyes is a primitive ideology thats been wrote down in a book and passed on for far too long.

read every religious book....its the same friggin story, the only difference is that the characters have different names due to the translation between languages and language updates through time. (example: old english-> modern english) the whole world should decide on 1 religion and become a communist world.

as this is just my views that im showing you all. don't mistake it for trying to convert you to my ideas.

I'll be happy when this worlds dust to be honest. whats there to preserve? civil war is approaching in the UK, wars are being fought right now. all for a **** reason....religion.

Intresting fact, if mankind was to suddenly dissappear right now off the world, it would take 2000 years for the world to return to a natrual green state, all our buildings will have decayed and being covered in plants, all our garbage will have decomposed and there will be very little left to see that we were even here :p in essence the world would of healed a lot of its scars (not all of them mind)

though your right, relgion is a crap reason to start wars but then so is all the other reasons mankind wage wars, be it over resources, or land

Religion is used as justification for wars, but often it's someone using religion (and it's believers) for their own ends. I dislike *organised* religion for the same reasons. Trusting a God who doesn't directly speak to you is one thing (and if your God does directly speak to you I suggest you seek medical help), but treating the Pope / Ayatollah / Pat Robertson / L. Ron Hubbard as though their word is law as well?

Tachi- said:

The same story? Id have to bed to differ. Compare the Wiccan and Christian religion. I can see what you mean by saying the religions share similarities but Budhism isnt really much like Christianity at all. Jesus came from Mary who was a virgin, son of god, taught people to worship god basically and done some magic tricks like bringing himself back to life. Sidarthur (From Budhism) was kept locked up in a big ass palace with only living things and good things, happy things and kept away from all bad things. When he left he saw the world was alot different and went around telling people to respect life more; basically. To me; they arent THAT similar bar the fact both "went around telling other people stuff". So I respect what your saying; but must disagree.

Also, a communist world? That doesnt actually sound too good to me. But then, I have the nickname Hitler from one person, so does my opinion count?

:lol: fair do's mate.
i knew someone was going to bring up everything you just did :)
rather glad it was you, atleast you wont get arsy like some others.

the stories are similar but your right, there are afew religions that differ somewhat.
buddhism being one. what i was trying to say was that both the quran and the bible came from the east...both tell stories of a messenger/son of god. and both have "commandments/rules".

a communist world Would be easier in my eyes, atleast then well all be singing to the same song. so'z to speak..

I don't really mind religion, everyone has their own views. im just saying that if we all had the same views then any extremists would be frowned upon by everyone....and really. there wouldn't be a cause or reason for extremism.

Tachi- said:
:lol: fair do's mate.
i knew someone was going to bring up everything you just did :)
rather glad it was you, atleast you wont get arsy like some others.

the stories are similar but your right, there are afew religions that differ somewhat.
buddhism being one. what i was trying to say was that both the quran and the bible came from the east...both tell stories of a messenger/son of god. and both have "commandments/rules".

a communist world Would be easier in my eyes, atleast then well all be singing to the same song. so'z to speak..

I don't really mind religion, everyone has their own views. im just saying that if we all had the same views then any extremists would be frowned upon by everyone....and really. there wouldn't be a cause or reason for extremism.

It would have to be communism done right though...look at soviet russia...but we would need a united world if we do ever venture off this planet mind. Maybe we should do what they recommened in south park and just get rid of every word that ends in 'ism' :lol:

Tachi- said:

That would be the case yes, but thats an example with 2 religions out of a hell of a lot (no pun intended).

A Communist world? Nah. Itd be boring imho. People deserve what they work for; if they work hard in school and try hard, get a good job, they earnt it. If they flunked school and dont get a good job, dont get good money, they deserve that. Not this "Everyone gets the same" ****.

I dont think anyone thinks extremists are good either.

Spyro201 said:
Tachi- said:

That would be the case yes, but thats an example with 2 religions out of a hell of a lot (no pun intended).

A Communist world? Nah. Itd be boring imho. People deserve what they work for; if they work hard in school and try hard, get a good job, they earnt it. If they flunked school and dont get a good job, dont get good money, they deserve that. Not this "Everyone gets the same" ****.

I dont think anyone thinks extremists are good either.

Where does it say extremists are good? :?

BlackWolf said:
It would have to be communism done right though...look at soviet russia...

Soviet Russia is my idea of what a state should base its good points on. Absolute control, crushing sedition, uniting people in a common purpose. All it needs is a little tweaking to give a non-lethal incentive to work, some kind of bonus for efficiency, and a nice iron-fisted dictator of a leader (e.g. me).

I'm going to make your lives better, comrades, let Chommunism begin!

MrChom said:
BlackWolf said:

Soviet Russia is my idea of what a state should base its good points on. Absolute control, crushing sedition, uniting people in a common purpose. All it needs is a little tweaking to give a non-lethal incentive to work, some kind of bonus for efficiency, and a nice iron-fisted dictator of a leader (e.g. me).

Chommunism! :lol: If you make Jaffa Cakes the national currency and Celebrity Battle Royale a regular fixture of the TV schedules, you have my vote. :thumb:

Martin said:
MrChom said:
BlackWolf said:

Chommunism! :lol: If you make Jaffa Cakes the national currency and Celebrity Battle Royale a regular fixture of the TV schedules, you have my vote. :thumb:

Can i be the host of celebrity battle royale?

"And down goes Chico, that mace got him right between the legs, and oh my God, Lisa Scott Lee takes down 7 with her make shift grenade, and now a word from our sponser. . . "

Martin said:
MrChom said:
BlackWolf said:

If that actually happened i would take back all the things i said about communism :D espcially loving the celebrity battle royale idea martin :p just one question what would you air once all the celebrities are dead :?

Back