Region A Sentai/Viz Media Blurays on Region B Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kill Me Baby: Complete Collection works using this method (disc 1 starts on chapter 4 & disc 2 on chapter 3).

Queen's Blade - Beautiful Warriors: Complete Collection works using this method (disc starts on chapter 3).

EDIT: pressing the disc menu button at the region lock screen will take you to the main menu.

US Region Free Blu-rays

I don't know if anyone posted this yet, but since I haven't seen it, I'll confirm that the Amagami SS blu-ray works with the Sentai bypass; I don't really know which title you should select at the menu, I selected title 5 and it opened an episode (that I noticed wasn't the first), but you can select the episodes via the popup menu afterwards, so no biggie there.

Re: US Region Free Blu-rays

Y2Johnny said:
I don't know if anyone posted this yet, but since I haven't seen it, I'll confirm that the Amagami SS blu-ray works with the Sentai bypass; I don't really know which title you should select at the menu, I selected title 5 and it opened an episode (that I noticed wasn't the first), but you can select the episodes via the popup menu afterwards, so no biggie there.

Ah that's good news, I've been keen on that show for quite some time. At least the newer titles still work with the method.

The Ambition of Oda Nobuna: Complete Collection DOES NOT work using this method, worse still is that it won't work on a region A player unless the country code is set to the US. :(

Hopefully this is just a one off.

Titan said:
The Ambition of Oda Nobuna: Complete Collection DOES NOT work using this method, worse still is that it won't work on a region A player unless the country code is set to the US. :(

I am seeing the same issue for both this and My Mental Choices, however both of them work on a PS3 without using the bypass method.

Bazza said:
Titan said:

I am seeing the same issue for both this and My Mental Choices, however both of them work on a PS3 without using the bypass method.

Could you be more specific? I'm reading that as they can work on a EU PS3 (my apologises, I'm just curious that's all). :lol:

NormanicGrav said:
Bazza said:
Titan said:

Could you be more specific? I'm reading that as they can work on a EU PS3 (my apologises, I'm just curious that's all). :lol:

They work on a PS3, you don't see the region locked screen it just loads to discs top menu and you can select the episodes from there.

Bazza said:
NormanicGrav said:
Bazza said:

They work on a PS3, you don't see the region locked screen it just loads to discs top menu and you can select the episodes from there.

Interesting, well I really enjoyed NouCome so I'll be picking it up at some point.

The following blu-rays all have the new sentai region check

Log Horizon Collection 2
Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Blu-ray Collection 1
Little Busters Refrain
Non Non Biyori

Setting the blu-ray player country code to US does make them work.

I have tried playing these discs with the region code set to B and they work so it appears that they have replaced the region code check with the country code check.

I assume that this is why the old Sony players and the PS3 work. This could mean that unmodified players can play them if the country code can be changed.

megagold5 said:
Interested to see what the situation is with the new Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions boxset if anyone gets it.

Some of us (including myself) have actually been discussing it on the US Region Free Thread.

tl;dr - Works on EU PlayStation 3 100%. Bypass hasn't been tested however. Normal Blu-ray players are a mixture of works and doesn't.

megagold5 said:
Interested to see what the situation is with the new Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions boxset if anyone gets it.
TLDR:
- PS3 works
- Non Country Coded BD players work on Region A & B
- Region A Country Coded players not set to US = Lockout (Includes PC BD drives)
- Region B country coded players TBC.

NormanicGrav said:
megagold5 said:

Some of us (including myself) have actually been discussing it on the US Region Free Thread.

tl;dr - Works on EU PlayStation 3 100%. Bypass hasn't been tested however. Normal Blu-ray players are a mixture of works and doesn't.

Well, as long as it works on the PS3, I am happy. Now I just need to actually see the show before they run out of sets, lol.

One question: If it works on PS3 100%, what relevance does the bypass have?

megagold5 said:

I would say the bypass is relevant for those who only have a standard Blu-ray player. But I have no clue if it still works anymore, since I think one of the newer sets can't use it.

NormanicGrav said:
megagold5 said:

I would say the bypass is relevant for those who only have a standard Blu-ray player. But I have no clue if it still works anymore, since I think one of the newer sets can't use it.
The bypass no longer works on geo locked discs (if I remember correctly, someone in this thread has already mentioned that).

Edit: Also I'm going to change what I say when I confirm a disc works since I've found out that my country code (if I've got this correct) is already set to the USA.

Well after reading these last few posts I decided to try Muv Luv on PS3 and to my suprise it worked with no issues.looks like geo locking has buggered up the sentai method but it's good to know there's another way that works.cheers to all on this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back