Region A Sentai/Viz Media Blurays on Region B Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem Children Are Coming From Another World, Aren't They?: Complete Collection works using this method (disc 1 starts on chapter 5 & disc 2 on chapter 4).

Does Sentai still use those yellow subtitles? I really want to import some of these but yellow subtitles look so unappealing.

LightOtaku said:
Does Sentai still use those yellow subtitles? I really want to import some of these but yellow subtitles look so unappealing.
Yep, they still use those horrible massive yellow subtitles.

Mangaranga said:
LightOtaku said:
Yep, they still use those horrible massive yellow subtitles.
Well, I won't bother then. No point in buying something i'll never watch.
If only this was a flaw on some other company's discs...

Still hoping Funimation's blu-ray releases of the Raildex series will be region B compatible, since some of their recent releases have been.

US Region Free Blu-rays

For anyone interested, Mayo Chiki and From the New World Part 2 are both "Locked" but can still be watched via the Sentai bypass method as usual.

Re: US Region Free Blu-rays

Mangaranga said:
For anyone interested, Mayo Chiki and From the New World Part 2 are both "Locked" but can still be watched via the Sentai bypass method as usual.

Well that's a bummer in a way for FTNW, thankfully the method still works.

To Love RU Darkness complete collection works using this method (it's title 5 to get the first episode as usual).

I don't know if it's been confirmed yet in the thread, but since it's not in the main list, I'll add Mayo Chiki! to the list, chapter 5 as well.

Mangaranga said:
burtkenobi said:
Might take a chance on casshan as I can't find anyone who has already tested it...
It's pretty much guaranteed to work seeing as new Sentai titles still work with this method.

Just received it today - title 5..... yes! works

Not sure if this is going to affect the standard bypass method but my copy of My mental choices refused to work on my multi region player stating it was for use in the US/Canada, first time that's ever happened despite all the boxes saying it. Easily fixed by changing player region but I wonder if it'll hit PlayStation users.

Rosencrantz said:
Not sure if this is going to affect the standard bypass method but my copy of My mental choices refused to work on my multi region player stating it was for use in the US/Canada, first time that's ever happened despite all the boxes saying it. Easily fixed by changing player region but I wonder if it'll hit PlayStation users.

That's pretty strange... I guess we all should be a bit more cautious with Sentai from now on if this becomes a recurring thing.

NormanicGrav said:
Rosencrantz said:

That's pretty strange... I guess we all should be a bit more cautious with Sentai from now on if this becomes a recurring thing.
I'm pretty sure It's to do with the region of the player/firmware, not to do with the disc region. Some releases from NIS, Sentai and Even Funi for Attack on Titan Part 2 included these checks to stop imports to Japan.
I'm pretty sure I've bypassed discs with these checks before using this method.

Mangaranga said:
NormanicGrav said:
Rosencrantz said:

I'm pretty sure It's to do with the region of the player/firmware, not to do with the disc region. Some NIS, Sentai and Even Funi for Attack on Titan Part 2 included these checks to stop imports to Japan.
I'm pretty sure I've bypassed discs with these checks before using this method.
Ah I remember now (about Sentai adding these reverse features on Japan since Mysterious Girlfriend X), that makes sense.

Yep, thought so. From The New World Part 2. Works fine with this method.

PwuupZY.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back