Reco's? please?

Spike-Rage

Completely Average High School Student
Hay everyone i'm pritty new to anime so i was wondering if you couled give me some recomendations?

My genre taste wouled be; fantasy, action packed but with comedy thrown in :)

So far i've seen and enjoyed; Chrono crusade, Inuyasha, Full metal alchemist,Trigun,Azumanga daioh and howls moving castle =x

I also like Ghibli stuff but so far i've only seen Spirted away, howls moving castle and Grave of the fireflys.

Stuff with cute characters is always a bonus!

So any reccomensations wouled be great!
Thanks guys :D

Spike

Escaflowne would be my first recommendation, but you could also try Full Metal Panic, Cowboy Bebop, R.O.D or Tenchi Muyo.

More Ghibli stuff is also recommended, particuarly Porco Rosso, Nausicaa and Laputa Castle in the Sky. And Castle of Cagliostro.

you should try whipers of the heart im loveing it at them moment.

and you should give fruits baskets ago ive yet to find anyone whos not like it.

I know a lot of people who don't like Fruits Basket.

Another series to look out for would be FLCL. It's short but full of action and comedy.

Another recommendation for Cowboy Bebop, one of the first anime shows I watched and, for my money, still one of the best

The movie always seems to be cheap too and is well worth picking up

Full Metal Panic also, great fun

MUHAHA! READY???

- Inuyasha! 200 Episodes!
- Slayers! Many animes to try!
- Lodoss OVAS and TV series, you can also get Crystania and Rune Soldier to complete your Mizuno collection.
- Saber Marionette R - very cute characters and serious storyline.
- Cities Of Gold - hard to get but also very cute and fantastic.
- Matantei Loki Ragnarok - order it or download it, NOW!
- Somedays Dreamers - magic school with refinement.
- Air and Kanon - very fantastic, very cute, you can get Clannad and ONE to complete the set!
- Those Who Hunt Elves - in the vein of Slayers!
- Angel Sanctuary (actually you should read the mangas first).

......phew Im gonna take a break there.

Sir Haggis said:
Escaflowne would be my first recommendation
Seconded. It's a little bit of everything sprinkled with five flavours of awesome that satisfies the exact criteria you're after (though if you're a guy you're not quite so well catered for in the 'cute characters' department... though I suppose Merle counts :D). I'm rewatching it right now and loving it as much as the first time through.

And if I'm specifc and am to recommend individual Ghibli films: Princess Mononoke is an action packed fantasy, and easily my favourite Ghibli. Laputa and Nausicaa are probably worth a look too on the lines of your criteria, but Kiki's Delivery Service, My Neighbour Totoro and Whisper of the Heart are all entirely worth a look, though KDS and Whisper are only lightly sprinkled with Fantasy and none of them are particuarly action packed (which to me is the appeal of the films really: they're lovely subdued films for occasions where you just don't want action!).

WTFDaveMustaine said:
I know a lot of people who don't like Fruits Basket.
Indeed, but it's still surprising that any Guys like it at all, so it does have a commendably wider appeal than the primarily female audience it targets. I think it may be worth Spike-Rage checking it out (it ticks the fantasy and comedy boxes, though "comedy" is admitadly a broad term and whether you find it funny is entirely subjective), though i'd recommend the Manga over the anime... but then again, the Anime is easily one of the cheapest to collect in the UK (all the volumes are often in sales below £10 and there's only 4 volumes).

Well, if you don't mind Shonen Jump stuff, Bleach is a good show with both fantasy and action genres covered.

But I'm a huge fan of Project .hack's work. They have a huge franchise of series, games, mangas/novels and OSTs. Just serch for .hack and you'll find something. ;)

There's the Street Fighter 2: Animated Movie if you like the games. It's the most accurate of the movies/series made, but theres also the Street Fighter Alpha movies (Alpha and Generation) and there's an actual series, but the story/characters have changed quite a bit.

Other than that, I can't think of things off the top of my head.

I have some recomondations
Get Backers, a great series and great characters
Comic Party, really funny Taishi is the best
Neon Genesis Evangelion, If ya like thinking with your anime
Martian Successor Nadesico, giant robots, romance and comedy a great combination
Excel Saga, for pure comedy

Spike-Rage said:
wait, you think I'm a guy dont you? well im not so there!

Why does everyone assume Im a guy!?!

Lol, don't worry you're not the first to be the victim of internet gender confusion! :p

As for recommendations, I'll wave the Cowboy Bebop flag, even though I haven't seen too much of it.

Back