Recommend a good anime?

Xelis

Hunter
Can anyone recommend a good anime because I really cant find one that I could get into, heres my top 10
1. Monster
2. Fullmetal Alchemist
3. Mushishi
4. Utawarerumono
5. Ghost in the Shell
6. Bleach
7. Blood+
8. RahXephon
9. Ergo Proxy
10. Elfen Lied

Looks like you share my love of headscratchers! Try Paranoia Agent or Serial Experiments Lain, and perhaps Texhnolyze for some more dark grittiness. I think the first two I've mentioned have box sets coming out soon.

I know it's a bit obvious but if you haven't already tried it, GitS SAC is a must.

ConcreteBadger said:
Looks like you share my love of headscratchers! Try Paranoia Agent or Serial Experiments Lain, and perhaps Texhnolyze for some more dark grittiness. I think the first two I've mentioned have box sets coming out soon.

I know it's a bit obvious but if you haven't already tried it, GitS SAC is a must.
I love the headscratchers! I tried Paranoia but i hated the character design too much that I stopped watching it, Serial... I previewed the first episode of that and thought 'WTF?' and left it alone, Texhnolyze does have my interest though. I was wondering though, is there any subbed anime that I might be interested in, while I wait for my Kino's Journey and Hellsing boxes?

If you didn't like the character designs in Paranoia agent then you probably won't like any of his other work(Perfect Blue, Millennium Actress, Tokyo Godfathers) which is a shame becuase they are really fantastic. Lain is one of my favourite series, watching her character develop over the 13 episodes and the overall other worldy, disconnected feel of the show really draws me in.

Hi, I enjoyed Tsukihime Lunar Legend and Boogiepop Phantom (though the character designs may put you off a touch)

Currently I'm watching and liking, Samurai 7, Mai-Hime, and Girl's Bravo :wink:

subedii said:
Crest of the Stars. Slow moving show initially, but very much a great sci-fi space opera. It's rare to find sci-fi shows like this any more.
Seconded. It's up there with Gunslinger Girl as my favourite release of the year.

Tsukihime is also very good but it takes a whole disc to really get going. But then, I'm a fan of angst and vampires so it's a marriage made in heaven for me. :p

Hi there Xelis,

I now its already been mentioned, but I think you might like Texhnolyze, it is a very dark series. Essentially, the plotline is that the story is set in a future underground city called Lukuss and the story revolves around 4 individuals, 3 will try to save the city and 1 will try to destroy it. And there are quite a few plot twists, in the way FullMetal Alchemist does really well.

I would recommend some more anime but my choices might be a bit too fluffy.

M.G xx

N.B - Like your Avatar!

I'd recommend Noir. I've not finished watching it yet but it's awesome. It's worth watching for Chloe alone. I wish my girlfriend was an ice cold assassin in a cloak!

harkins said:
I'd recommend Noir. I've not finished watching it yet but it's awesome. It's worth watching for Chloe alone. I wish my girlfriend was an ice cold assassin in a cloak!

Noir is basically a good, solid series, but I do think it became a little unimaginative from the mid-way point on.

McIcy said:
Oh my god how could I leave out Black Lagoon one of the coolest animes I have ever had the privelidge to watch
Ive just finished this series and its a brilliant recommendation, hopefully they'll make another series and we can see more of Revy's attitude.

Back