Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dracos said:
Blood the Last Vampire 4/10.
Not the worst movie I have seen, and so nearly got bits right. The opening scene on the train was almost straight from the anime. But it just managed to fail from there, when it could have been good. The film is set in the 70s which must be where they got the computers from that they did the special effects on. The demons were like Ray Harryhausen claymation but less believable, and any action felt too stilted and without flow.

Blood the Last Vampire 2/10

I couldn't agree more, but I still think a 4 is a bit generous.
The fact that there were no more than 10 people in the cinema when I watched the movie should have been a big enough hint. The opening scene was the only "good" part.

This movie did not deserve the 18 certificate and should have settled for a two part series on FX rather than become a waste of a movie.

Also..where was the blood o_O?

For a movie that has blood in the title, cg globules that looked more like coke flying across the screen were a great disappointment~

Was expecting something closer to Azumi =/

I do think I was a bit generous with my score. It was the only film I can remember lately where I was looking at my watch because I was a bit bored rather than just in need of the loo.

I think it would probably been better as a half season (6 episode) TV series in the mould of Buffy/Angel.

Highlander The Inmortal Edition (Blu-Ray) 9/10
One of my favourite films ,great cast especially Clancy Brown as the Kurgan,great action scenes and a superb soundtrack by Queen.The Blu-Ray edition is quite good overall except for some parts were the picture is overly grainy.The extras are good as well especially the interviews with some of the cast. :D

The Watchman 720P.

7/10

It started good but the middle point dragged on far far to long, also what the hell was that thing on Mars anyway?

The ending "twist" was well handled it's nice to see something where you dont get the cliche good guys win rainbows fly out of their backsides ending for a change.

The Dark Knight 9/10
A better film than Batman Begins from start to finish .Lots has been written about Heath ledger's performance as The Joker which is excellent throughout but I spare a thought for Christian Bale as Batman and Bruce Wayne.Two distinct yet differnt characters played by the same actor is always a difficult thing to do but Bale pulls it off wonderfully.
The best part of the film for me was the end which is tragic in it's own way.Here is a character who has done so much,sacrificed so much for the people of Gotham yet in the end is turned on by those self same people because they would rather believe in a fantasy (Harvey Dent) than the truth (Two-Face).Quite sad really.

The Da Vinci Code 8.5/10

I liked the book better and did'nt like the idea that the Robert Langdon novels were taken out of sequence with Angels & Demons coming first .That being the case I still enjoyed watching it and it is a fairly accurate adaption of the novel.This was the Blu-ray 2 disc edition and the extras on the second are both informative and long ,not just a couple of minutes here and there and a 15 minute making of which is the usual on a lot of discs .

CitizenGeek said:
Brüno - 9/10. Absolutely hysterically funny. It's über-fantastiche! :]

Now I've herd mixed reviews on that film. I've been told it was hilarious by some, but I've been told the main problem is a lot of it is OTT.

Apparently there are way to many cock/gay sex scenes. To be honest, I dont think I would mind, as long as it has some level of humour, not sex for the sake of it.

Is it worth a straight guy going?

(I've got nothing against gays - one of my best friend is gay)

^ badly worded, I know, too tired^

On Brüno I'm pretty sure the gay jokes are mostly tailored for straight viewers, and some gay people liking it too is just the icing on the cake, when they do. I wouldn't worry about that aspect unless you're very insecure about the topic. My brother (straight, if it matters; it doesn't really) thought it was hilarious all the way through and he's a pretty shy guy. He keeps trying to get me to see it as well. It's a movie for all comedy fans, not just for gay comedy fans.

I haven't even seen Borat so can't add views of my own (they're not my kind of film). Just wanted to add my brother's input.

R

Well, most of the people in the cinema were presumably straight (the cinema was packed and I don't think there are that that many gays and lesbians in my Irish town :p) and they all seemed to enjoy it a lot. Like Rui said, the humour is tailored to straight audiences as this is a mainstream film. It's definitely very OTT and in some cases I really don't see the point of him going that far over the line of good taste, as these instances are generally not funny enough to justify it. However, there is hardly 30 seconds in this film without a laugh - it's great! :]

Knowing - 8/10

It would have been 10/10 until the last 15-25 minutes.

Sadly, the ending let it down.

Anyone else seen this? Your thoughts on the ending?

Spyro201 said:
Knowing - 8/10

It would have been 10/10 until the last 15-25 minutes.

Sadly, the ending let it down.

Anyone else seen this? Your thoughts on the ending?

I've seen it and about halfway through saw the ending coming. Although i spent the last half confused if the guys with the white hair were supposed to be Angels or Aliens...

Last edited by a moderator:
Harry Potter and the half blood prince - 8/10

I still have the impression that people who didn't read the books might not enjoy it fully and will end up confused every once in a while.

chaos said:

I still have the impression that people who didn't read the books might not enjoy it fully and will end up confused every once in a while.

I would have to agree and also give it an 8/10

Before I went, I was waiting to see how much was cut out of the film and hoping they didn't butcher it. Although a lot of it was removed (especially some of the flashbacks), they done a good job of keeping it all together and running smoothly!

Worst part of the film? The people in the cinema. You know those 10 minutes of adverts you get before it starts? The Twilight New Moon trailer came on and the first 3 rows of people at the front screamed (out of excitment). ******* incredible.

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
chaos said:

I would have to agree and also give it an 8/10

Before I went, I was waiting to see how much was cut out of the film and hoping they didn't butcher it. Although a lot of it was removed (especially some of the flashbacks), they done a good job of keeping it all together and running smoothly!

Worst part of the film? The people in the cinema. You know those 10 minutes of adverts you get before it starts? The Twilight New Moon trailer came on and the first 3 rows of people at the front screamed (out of excitment). ******* incredible.

Hehe, I guess other cinema goers could say the same about me, as I got there late and steped over a few toes to get to my chair .. =P

The 3D start was pretty impressive.

Bruno - 3/10

I was laughing some parts for the first half an hour or so but I started to get bored pretty quickly after that. Gay joke after gay joke just got really stretched to the point where I didn't care that much anymore though some parts did give me a chuckle now and then.

Brüno, 9/10.

Loved it, laughed a lot more than Borat. I originally liked Brüno more than Borat in 'Da Ali G Show, but I didn't really care for it when I heard his third movie will be based upon him. Anyway, went in expectations high, came out laughing and reminiscing, wanting to see the longer versions of the scenes.

Also, Aladdin (in HD! - which looked really good). Not my favourite Disney flick, but do love the movie very much. 7/10. And so far have watched half of Speed Racer, but as much as I love the awesomeness of the colours and all that. I'm struggling to watch more. Half way score - 6/10.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - 7.5/10

it was good, but loses score for having changed stuff from the book for me, also there are a couple of WTF? moments, moments that not only werent in the book, but that made no sense!

by comparison, i gave the previous film a 6.5, so its better than the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back