Post a photo of your entire anime collection!

For comparisons between this current update and my previous ones, check the links below:
OtakuCollection11-Overall-01.jpg

Here's my annual collection update. Now due to the forum's restrictions against Imgur and the limited usage for importing photos, I won't be providing the photos of the shelves in detail in this post. Instead if you want to see more of what is new, you'll have to visit my blog.

This update includes hundreds of new additions from each medium, including more imported anime releases, more variety to the independent UK distributors of Asian & World Cinema, and more games and books as per usual.

Here is my anime collection as of the end of 2023.

Once again it's grown quite a lot this year (couldn't say if more, less or about the same as last year though) but I've also sold off a decent bunch this year too, curating my collection a bit more as I had a number of titles I didn't really care for deep down. Some I sold though as I plan to upgrade them to better releases and there are a few I've gotten rid of that I kind of regret so I will likely pick them up again in the future.

20231231_190409.jpg
20231231_190618.jpg
20231231_190731.jpg
20231231_190939.jpg
20231231_191039.jpg

20231231_191245.jpg
20231231_191549.jpg
20231231_191634.jpg
20231231_191752.jpg

20231231_191851.jpg

Apologies that some of the photos aren't of the highest quality and a bit wonky, will probably replace them over the coming days as due to my shelves being double stacked, I'm not getting everything out again at this moment in time 😂

Last edited:
That's a beautiful and enviable collection @Birdie Num Num!

But do my eyes (and brain) deceive me, or are there no ssss dynazenon or snafu climax? If so, then how very dare you!?!!
Thank you, and I'm dreadfully sorry for any offence. Unfortunately, I still have a sliver of hope for UK releases.

I am going to order Paprika 4K next, just need to decide where from, Italy, Germany or France. Hopefully that will make up for my insolence.

Thank you, and I'm dreadfully sorry for any offence. Unfortunately, I still have a sliver of hope for UK releases.

I am going to order Paprika 4K next, just need to decide where from, Italy, Germany or France. Hopefully that will make up for my insolence.
Ah nice one and I'm glad to hear you remain more optimistic than I've managed. Especially with Sony's recent cull of all the competition, I finally gave up and probably imported most of my unreleased favourites last year to ensure I had a physical copy before they went oop or became unaffordable (like sound euphonium season 2+movie and March comes in like a Lion season 2😔).

I'm in the same boat, when it comes to any Crunchyroll / Funimation titles which aren't the very latest releases, I just plan to import and though it'll be pricey looks like I'm going to have to do the same with Aniplex and Pony Canyon titles as well.

Buying a multi-region blu-ray player was a worthy investment though fortunately most Crunchyroll titles are Region B compatible at least which is good for those who don't have access to a multi-region player.

Um-don't you think you've gone a little overboard? I've got a fairly big collection myself but I realized a few years ago I was running out of space so except for a few select things I don't deal with physical anime releases anymore.

Um-don't you think you've gone a little overboard? I've got a fairly big collection myself but I realized a few years ago I was running out of space so except for a few select things I don't deal with physical anime releases anymore.
I'm sorry my large collection bothers you. 😈
This page is for showing off others collections so what you consider overboard I consider a compliment.
Sorry to hear you downsized your collection due to space but I bet it was glorious. 😉

39 shelves and 255 holes. There concrete walls too. Took me two days to set up. 😭

I use wooden bookcases from Ikea (I know I know but tbf I've made them last a really long time I don't change them cuz of home decorating trends or w/e like I think I've had two of the four I have for like... 25 years? Hand-me-downs from family) so I just had them bolted w brackets to the wall by a local tradesperson :) I also have storage racks from Racking Solutions that I keep most of my other stuff than my books and DVD/Blu-ray collection on, though I do also store the stuff I am gonna sell from my collection on those :) (would have included @AgeOfBoredom's post in the quotes but didn't see it until after I'd replied as they replied while I was replying) XP

Ha, I’m not an Ikea snob really. I fact I love an Ikea trip 🤣

I keep my manga in my office and my daughter’s books in her room with stuff from the Eket range. I have some as squares and some as cupboards (so I can hide office mess in them or just random things that don’t fit on the shelves).

I also have some red Baggebo shelves on my landing which have my Gundam and Ghibli stuff on. I think the red was a limited colour as I can’t seem to find them on the app now but they are cool cheap shelves but I wouldn’t recommend loading them with big art books as they do tend to flex a little as the shelves are actually hole punched metal.

I construct my own shelves out of pine boards and hardware I buy from the local home improvement store, so I can size them however I want or need for a certain space, just like Denny's shelves. The only thing I hate about that is the time and effort it takes to paint the dang shelving - it only takes me a few hours to assemble the shelves from scratch, but then after disasembling everything, it takes a few weeks to put multiple coats of paint on every side of all the pieces and let them dry between coats. o_O

I do have one Ikea shelf unit I bought used years ago from someone nearby selling it online, but I use that for all my oversized anime sets that don't fit on a standard media shelf, my large anime art books and Newtype magazines, and a big plastic tub filled with all the extra junk and swag I'll never use from bloated Limited Edition and Kickstarter sets. 😝

Last edited:
Back