Pokemon For Grown Ups

MaxonTreik

Chuunibyou
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sDX1m0Y2Vkg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sDX1m0Y2Vkg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

fab4af1eb9b6392a78bd794da2a58f3a.gif

While the pokemon look really weird the actual cgi is of impressive quality, I like how they made them look more like real creatures where possible, but god it makes Pikachu look weird...

I can't help but think if it were an actual film, the majority of the fanbase would be mad. "How dare the studios change so much?" "That isn't what Pokémon is about!".

Jayme said:
I can't help but think if it were an actual film, the majority of the fanbase would be mad. "How dare the studios change so much?" "That isn't what Pokémon is about!".

I dunno. Most complaints with adaptations come with dumbing something down or altering plot elements. Here it's just grounded it more and made it more "realistic". Giovanni's still a mod boss, team rocket is much more like a proper gang. The pokemon are all there, mostly looking like they should, plus it's clearly tongue in cheek, most adaptations take themselves WAY seriously. I would totally be on board if this was real.

I can't help but think it's a pretty good parody of Pokemon for the XBox crowd.

Where's the love and the comedy, guys? Replaced by guns and macho-macho posturing.

Maxon said:
chaos said:
Love that. I'd go watch this movie, I've sat through a lot worse (Mario Bros anyone?)
How about anything made be Uwe Boll? :lol:

I thought it was a punishable offence to mention his name in regards to anything aside from "Worst Director since Ed Wood" :p

Personally i wouldn't watch this as it's not what i would of thought of when thinking about a pokemon movie...although i would see it as a laugh if Nintendo actually let it get made.

Would rather have a metroid movie though...

Back