Pokémon Black & White

I forgot to make a pre-order!? ****!?

Guys - Black or White? Which is better? I'll order mine today, or get drove into town for it o_O

I'm comparing exclusives and this is painful - I prefer Mandibuzz to Braviary, but prefer Solosis to Gothita. I also prefer Caterpie to Weedle but I wont let that affect it lol.

It depends on what Legendary Pokemon you like better. I chose black because I liked Reshiram better.

The game is brilliant so far and was definitely worth the wait :D

I ended up getting Black too - not for the legendary though. I never base on those 'cause I never use 'em xD

Edit: Hurray! Snivy evolved!

My party so far is just Servine and Panpour. I intend to catch Victini as it's adorable to supplement this too. I do have a Munna, Lillipup and Patrat too but they don't get used lol.

Edit 2: Also just added Sawk as I'll need a fighting type for the normal gym 8)

Awesome, so far my team consists of: Servine,Pidove,Blitzle,Munna,Tympole and Pansage. Hopefully I will get Zorua soon when I send my Celebi over.

Awh nice. I wasn't so keen on Blitzle, Munna or Tympole as Pokemon to use though. Pansage is great though <3

I've just managed to catch Victini, who is now a permanent member of my team <3

I've realized Snivy isn't for me. If anyone has a Tepig they're willing to breed and trade it'd be so much appreciated <3

Edit: Just managed to catch a wild Simisear! Anyone who needs a fire-type just tell me. I caught a female so after the 4th Gym i'll be able to breed it :p

Godot said:
I forgot to make a pre-order!? ****!?

Guys - Black or White? Which is better? I'll order mine today, or get drove into town for it o_O

I'm comparing exclusives and this is painful - I prefer Mandibuzz to Braviary, but prefer Solosis to Gothita. I also prefer Caterpie to Weedle but I wont let that affect it lol.

Spyro, when ur playing pokemon it don't matter if u buy........

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sumpxORV_tE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sumpxORV_tE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

Been beasting this game since yesterday, best generation yet by far, I always wanted a generation with a completely clean slate and I got what I wanted. This game definitely redeemed the awful taste that HeartGold and SoulSilver left in my mouth and reminded me awful second generation truly is once you take off your rose-tinted glasses.

I don't mind the whole forced story aspect but it is really strange, I guess they saw Tachi's comment on this forum and threw one together last minute to have that extra first time appeal. Bianca and Cheren aren't Gary level, no one will ever be Gary level but they have more personality at least. Game is pretty hard too, the Rivals and Gym Leaders LOVE busting out the potions in a jam, but then again so do I.

My team for the time being is:
Servine
Herdier
Simipour
Whirlipede
Darumaka
Sandile

Gonna get rid of Herdier and Whirlipede once they evolve, all pokémon are in mid 20s btw. Oh and that's another thing, they really raised the limit on pokémon evolving, the majority you have to get into the 20s and 30s before they evolve.

Lupus said:
Been beasting this game since yesterday, best generation yet by far, I always wanted a generation with a completely clean slate and I got what I wanted. This game definitely redeemed the awful taste that HeartGold and SoulSilver left in my mouth and reminded me awful second generation truly is once you take off your rose-tinted glasses.

Yeah I totally agree on that. It's an addictive game for sure. It's so nice not to have Geodude and Zubat throw themselves at you when you walk into a cave at last!

Do you find Servine to be a beat... meh? I mean it's quite fast but, I just get the feeling it was meant to fulfill a support role that it kinda lacks the moves to do. I'm Leavanny as my grass type and abandoning my starter once it hits 3rd Ev.; it's just gonna be a bitch making it happy so I get the evoloution >.>

Well now we have Roggenrola and Woobat to replace Geodude and Zubat. I also find Servine to be completely fine, although I see what you mean, it's not all that strong, but I'd rather have Snivy than Oshawott or Tepig. Fire/Fighting AGAIN? Urgh.

Yeah - I sense Woobat and Roggenrola getting annoying but at least it's fresh to start with. I prefer Snivy in terms of type/design but I just think it would have really benefited from a better movelist. I'd be happy enough to sacrifice some speed for defence as it stands too - if I'm attacking fast but weak, i'd rather just sit there and be able to take more hits. But these are minor complaints. I'm also using Victini (I hate using legendaries but it's just too cute not to use!) which is pretty OP compared to everything else.

Godot said:
I've realized Snivy isn't for me. If anyone has a Tepig they're willing to breed and trade it'd be so much appreciated <3

Edit: Just managed to catch a wild Simisear! Anyone who needs a fire-type just tell me. I caught a female so after the 4th Gym i'll be able to breed it :p

Well my friend has a Tepig so I will be able to one for you in exchange for a Pansear :D

At the moment my team is:
Serperior
Emolga
Tranquill
Palpitoad
Zoroak
Tirtouga

If any one needs a Zorua I can easily breed you one as my Zorak is female.

Rena Ryuugu said:
Well my friend has a Tepig so I will be able to one for you in exchange for a Pansear :D

If any one needs a Zorua I can easily breed you one as my Zorak is female.

Aw man that'd be great on the Tepig thanks!

Is there anything I could give you for a Zorua?! o_O

Edit: This morning I finally got Sandile to level 28. So nearly evolved now. The rest of my Pokemon are like 20-24 lol, but Sandile seriously needs a stat boost and some new moves. This last level is taking a long time too...

Edit 2: Hurray! Sandile evolved! I now have Krokorok who's at least 5 levels more than everyone else!

Godot said:
Rena Ryuugu said:
I don't mind what you give me for a Zorua as I can easily brred them :)

Aw thank you. How do I find my friend code thing so I can add you?

You know the Pal Pad key item, if you use it and then choose the last one down, you get your friend code :)

My friend code is: 3095 6277 8406

Stuart-says-yes said:
Hmm, I'm really tempted to buy this considering what everyone else is saying, how good is it compared to the other games?

Best gen yet IF you take off your nostalgia goggles. More balance and variety with pokémon types, game isn't swamped with garbage water pokémon and there's actually fire pokémon on this.

These games are getting such a good reception, no regrets buying Pokemon White just a few minutes ago! I also got my Victini uploaded on courtesy of Gamestation! I just need to find my DS charger and away I go >__>

Back