Pokémon Black & White

I've spent quite a lot of time on Bulbagarden talking about it to people.

Homika (the new Poison gym leader) is Ritsu from K-ON! after having picked up Sawako's instrument and former dress style.

The Pokémon Smash! variety show has just aired in Japan and it has confirmed a few things. Namely, Junichi Masuda, who has directed or co-directed every main series Pokémon game since 2000's Crystal, will not be the director of B2W2 - he is the producer, while HeartGold/SoulSilver art director and Pokémon designer Takau Unno will be directing.

Also as expected, Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott are returning as starters.

And lastly, we saw some of the new starting city (yes, we start in a city now) and it's pretty big. The new intro is very much in the style of BW's, but in my opinion, not as good.

Why does the boy trainer look like a goddamn palm tree? The boys always have horrible designs but the girls always look nice. Well, Red looked pretty cool I guess.

MaxonTreik said:
Why does the boy trainer look like a goddamn palm tree? The boys always have horrible designs but the girls always look nice. Well, Red looked pretty cool I guess.

Yeah the rival's sprite looks better IMO.

Speaking of pokemon, I gotta get EV training again. I took a big break since the wi-fi tournament not long back.

MaxonTreik said:
Gold had a pretty good design as well. Mind you he might as well be Red due to how similar they both are.

Today's Nintendo Direct stream in Japan announced 2 Pokémon related items:

Pokédex 3D Pro is due out in Japan on 14th June. Basically, it's Pokédex 3D, but with all the old Pokémon and new formes from Black 2/White 2 included. Unlike Pokédex 3D though, it won't be free - it'll cost 1500yen (Around £11.40).

However, if you think that's a lot of money (it is), then Pokémon AR Searcher being only 300 yen should sound nicer. Basically, you use the 3DS' AR to find Pokémon in the real world, then they can be transferred to Black 2/White 2. The official website states that rare Pokémon can be found through this. Pokémon AR Searcher is out in Japan on 23rd June - the same day as B2W2.

CoroCoro_B2W2_June_2012_cover.jpg

Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus have new formes (bottom corner!). Notice how Tornadus looks like a bird, Thundurus looks a bit like a tiger and Landorus looks like a turtle...then we have Kyurem, the dragon. The new formes can only be obtained in the "Pokémon AR Searcher" 3DS app which will be released when B2W2 are.

Also, we have some new Black 2/White 2 information:
- There is an area (most likely post-storyline), where old characters such as Misty, Brock, Blue, Giovanni, Lance, Steven and Volkner can be battled.
- Cheren is apparently now a Gym Leader.
- The movie theatre bit is named "Pokéwood" (Probably Poké + Hollywood).

Keldeo event:

The event shall be distributed in the UK, in GAME and Gamestation stores from September 1st 2012 to October 11th 2012 for the Pokémon Black & White games.

Full details are to be announced on the 22nd, such as what stores will be doing it.

I hope they don't skip over Cambridge....they always do >>. According to Nintendo, the only city in the South East is Milton Keynes.

Back