Pokémon Gold/Silver Remakes; Now Official!

ilmaestro

State Alchemist
Great, Nintendo makes sure you can't play your old games on their new handheld so they can sell them to you all over again. :/

ilmaestro said:
Great, Nintendo makes sure you can't play your old games on their new handheld so they can sell them to you all over again. :/

LOL

So true-!

Lucky I have an R4 for these reasons ;)

ilmaestro said:
No one is pointing a gun at your head making you buy it. And I'm playing this game on my DS right now :p

RetroRainbow said:
Although Sapphire and Diamond and the like had better graphics, and Blue/Red were the originals, I still think Gold/Silver were the better titles, and I can't wait. :D

I liked the mobile in G/S so you could call up old trainers you'd battled for a much easier rematch. Far better than the VS Seeker in my book cause, you could call up like 8 trainers at once and find out who wanted to battle, as opposed to running 100/200 steps, fit as many trainers on the screen as you could, and then use the VS Seeker to find only like, 1 wants to battle.

I do look forward to these remakes xD

kupocake said:
ilmaestro said:
No one is pointing a gun at your head making you buy it. And I'm playing this game on my DS right now :p
As a disclaimer, I hate Nintendo with a passion these days, so I guess people have to take my opinions on them with a pinch of salt, but:

a) I'm not actually wrong and

b) The DS isn't their new handheld. The DSi is.

Well i suspected that these would be made eventually...plus i always hoped as well :p Gold and Silver (particually Silver) were my favourite pokemon games just for the features they had it seemed so groundbreaking for the series at the time. Still i've got the old cartridges so i'm not sure if i'll get these new versions or not.

ilmaestro said:
kupocake said:
ilmaestro said:
As a disclaimer, I hate Nintendo with a passion these days, so I guess people have to take my opinions on them with a pinch of salt, but:

a) I'm not actually wrong and

b) The DS isn't their new handheld. The DSi is.
Stop being so defensive. Kupocake wasn't saying you were wrong. Anyway, the DSi could very well be bundled with it, but remember not everyone has a DS, and it could be a rather good deal to fans of the older Pokemon games.

If this is real then 2009 is probably the best year of gaming... ever. G/S is has a great nostalgia factor, they brought A LOT to the pokémon franchise in terms of mechanics, but the actual additional roster of pokémon is lacking.

Surprisingly, I never owned G/S/C, or even really played. Whilst all my buddies were out splashing their cash on the new fangled yellow brick with a four-coloured screen. I awaited for the GameBoy Advanced.

I'll let my brother get it/them, and hopefully I'll play it a bit. Like, more than I did Pearl. Seriously, I was enjoying that game... then, I just never took it out of its case again.

Wonder if this means Ash and co. will be popping back to Johto in the anime. It would be cool to see Haruka/May and her oversized-for-her-age-chest again, right? Right?! Guys?!

Gold and Silver were awesome games when they came out. Although I'm not particularly into Pokemon anymore, I'll definitely check out HAATO GORUDU.

Gold was probably my favourite Pokemon game (Crystal was probably my most played though).

Looking forward to this and will probably end up picking up "HAATO GORUDU" for some epic nostalgia. I racked up over 100 hours on Diamond the summer that came out so I reckon this'll be a laugh.

I'm actually considering having a look into the franchise again with platinum when its released, but i'd probably find myself more interested in a Gold Remake. Probably wayyyy to early to guess, but do you think there will be extras added into the gold/silver remakes?

Arbalest said:
I'm actually considering having a look into the franchise again with platinum when its released, but i'd probably find myself more interested in a Gold Remake. Probably wayyyy to early to guess, but do you think there will be extras added into the gold/silver remakes?

I would assume so, Fire Red and Leaf Green had additonal extras. Mind you remakes are nice and all but would it kill nintendo to do a proper 3D pokemon game on the wii?

BlackWolf said:
Arbalest said:

I would assume so, Fire Red and Leaf Green had additonal extras. Mind you remakes are nice and all but would it kill nintendo to do a proper 3D pokemon game on the wii?

We've wanted one in 3D since... forever.

http://www.serebii.net has updated with new artwork for the 3 starters, and a short gameplay video of Gold walking in New Bark Town.

I'm really excited about these games now! Hopefully the release between Japan and here won't take forever. Johto was the best region in the game series with all the best pokemon. Can't wait to play all over again with a Chikorita :]

Back