Podcast XVIII - Updated with Bonus Content!

Professor Irony

CYBER FUNKER
Two podcasts in less than two months? Must be a leap year.

CbF6Eyll.jpg

Join us for another exciting episode, in which we give our thoughts on what's airing this season ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶a̶r̶k̶a̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶i̶m̶i̶l̶a̶r̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶A̶N̶N̶ in a way that is totally unique and has never been thought of before, ever.

Shows discussed in this episode include: Arslan Senki, Ore Monogatari, DanMachi, Food Wars, Owari no Seraph, Plastic Memories, Kekkai Sensen, Lupin III (2015) and, crucially, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders ~ Egypt.

We're trying to increase forum/podcast interaction as best we can, so please leave us a comment below and let us know what you think about the state of the season so far and how insensed you are that we didn't discuss Triage X.

In the hotseat for Nakama Britannica 18: Arbalest, Conanthe3rd, GolGotha, Professor Irony & Vivisqueen

DDL: Nakama Britannica ep18
Stream via Youtube here.
iTunes link here.

We're also setting up a new, even more exciting stickied podcast feedback thread in which we want you to suggest us topics you'd like us to discuss, topics you'd like to come on and discuss with us and generally tell us what you think of the podcast in vague, emotional terms.

But that's not all!

hWoIZjzl.jpg

DDL: Nakama Britannica ep18.5 - "What anime would you like to see remade?"
Youtube Stream
SoundCloud
iTunes

Originally, we had intended to do an extra segment in which we would discuss a recent forum thread or two, but with the episode already running long, I had to cut it from the initial release. As it was still pretty entertaining, and it seemed a shame to leave it on the cutting room floor, however, I've set it up as a separate file, available from the link above, with itunes, youtube etc. to follow.

The plan was to discuss what anime we wanted to see remade, but in the end, we covered a diverse array of different topics including some, none or fewer of: The fate of Akito the Exiled, anime showing on tv, things ruined by inappropriate spoilers, whether Jonathan Clements is an unaging immortal vampire and, if they made an anime series based on your life, what it would be called.

Click the link and enjoy (?)

Re: Podcast XVIII: Spring Season Roundup!

It was nice to talk about something more recent and current for a change though actually. Also many thanks to Conan and Gol for joining us on the podcast! it was a lot more of a relaxed discussion for a change.

You guys don't watch anime produced in the last ten years, you can't fool me.

Crap, he's onto us - Arb, burn the files...

And indeed yes, in case of tl;dl, watch Ore Monogatari. Seriously.

ilmaestro said:
The fact that KyoAni refuse to create Full Meal Panic Sigma is not on us.

ConanThe3rd said:
ilmaestro said:

I'd be more happy with it not following the manga and just sticking to the source material entirely. But there we go.

Or even, Fumoffu 2 would be nice. There is enough there to make it.

As the self proclaimed Website Developer on the team, I'll field the sound-cloud question from an non authoritative stance;

Sound-cloud has a fast limit of 3 hours of music for non paying users with the price plans going to £3.99mo/£43yr for Six hours and some nice analytics's and comment control to £8mo/£75yr for unlimited hosting and extended analytics's

Unless we fielded some sort of donation drive to afford the hosting (I'd be happy to do some sort of telethon where we play anime games on Twitch or something), soundcloud would only be viable for about two or three episodes at any one time.

Stitcher's FAQ is broken and I don't even know how to submit to them.

Arbalest said:
ConanThe3rd said:
ilmaestro said:

I'd be more happy with it not following the manga and just sticking to the source material entirely. But there we go.

Or even, Fumoffu 2 would be nice. There is enough there to make it.
I only used Sigma as a way of saying "The rest of FMP".

If I was in charge I'd call it something like "The Final Assault" or something.

I still think it would be worth having at least the most recent episode up on Soundcloud tbh.

Fair points from all sides. The iTunes page certainly does need attention, but the keys are in chaos's hands and I haven't liked to bother him as I don't think he's on much these days. There's also the matter of why only the most recent eight or so episodes show up on iTunes, despite the fact that all the files are definitely still on the server. It's something I'll try and ask him about once we get the DDL problem resolved.

If soundcloud would make the show more accessible to folk, then I'm all for it, and I'm quite happy to see to the file rotation myself. I'm not against the idea of looking into a paid plan for storage at some point, but I'd like to hang back until we've definitely got a big enough following to justify asking them for cash.

Back