Pocky Comes To Tesco

Saw it advertised on the TV (woman reaching for Mikado on shelf, sitting on an active photocopier etc...)
I've had Pocky in the Uni shop,but they stopped ordering them now... They were great too!

Well, at least if I ever get deperate enough, I can pop into Tesco. :)

Mohawk52 said:
At .59p, I was so shocked, I bought a dozen. :lol:
http://www.mikado-lu.co.uk/

You put a smile in my face =)

Can't remember the last time I had some pocky though, but with that price, I might get me some =)

Oh, I remember now when I last ate pocky... It was on the gift bag from Amecon. It's been quite a while now.

Pretty sure there is a topic about this somewhere :p

I'll still be buying my pocky from a shop near me for I think less ^_^

redgore said:
Its also a different chocolate on them. Probably meant to "appeal to european taste"
Perhaps they're just standard biscuits formed into a nonstandard shape.
I wouldn't know though. My biscuit budget doesn't allow me to experiment with different products too much.

Aaron said:
Tesco have sold Mikado for years...
It's the first time I've ever seen them, and I have a keen eye for all things Japanese food these days. I've also been to several different stores in different shires as well. The ingredients for Mikado don't list any "E" ,or "FD&C" numbers like a box of Pocky I read once, that was riddled with them.

Finally got around to buying some yesterday. They're quite nice, I don't think I've ever had any "proper" pocky, but it's a nice snack :D

Sainsbury's too.. i've sold many a pack. I can still get my pocky nearby. Which is great because frankly i prefer Strawberry, Choco Banana and Nude to original.. I even prefer the almond ones and MEN'S pocky to the original.

This is gonna be like the playground all over again.

Kids standing there in their Reebok, Adidas and Nike trainers and then this kid with Diadora shows up and it all goes to hell.

Mikado is Diadora!

Losername said:
Kids standing there in their Reebok, Adidas and Nike trainers and then this kid with Diadora shows up and it all goes to hell.

Mikado is Diadora!
Trainers? In school? I remember that sort of thing being frowned upon.
I've noticed several places to buy other flavours of Pocky in and around the Capital, but I don't think it's worth searching around for snacks such as this. Biscuits suffice.

Zin5ki said:
Losername said:

Mikado is Diadora!
Trainers? In school? I remember that sort of thing being frowned upon.
Not during P.E. :p

And I was the kid with unbranded trainers, so I remember.

On topic, I will try some of these if I can find them anywhere.

Back