PlayStation Phone - Anyone Buying?

Genkina Hito

映画男!!!
So Engadget have got leaked pictures of a PSP Go, sorry, PlayStation Phone which is running Android 3.0.

Up until recently, I thought the LG Cooky was the best thing on earth (just look at the inventors!)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yZwReDS13Qg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yZwReDS13Qg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

But now I am interested in buying Windows Phone 7. That was until PlayStation Phone was revealed.

Anyone else interested in PlayStation Phone?

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/26/the- ... ion-phone/

I would be very interested, yeah.

SCE have turned down ideas for a Playstation branded phone in the past due to not being impressed enough with the tech on offer, so I would have enough confidence in this being pretty good.

Not really. I enjoyed that one game featuring Lara Croft, but as a whole, I was never too fond of the thing -- and I say this as someone who was anticipating it a lot originally.

Also, I don't think my phone is worthless. Sure, its not the newest thing going, but if your good about it, they can last. I've had all my phones about three to four years.

ETA: I am actually interested. Hesitant, but definitely interested.

Stuart-says-yes said:
true, I suppose

looking at the phone now, it reminds me of the N-gage from nokia back in 2004, remember how good that was?

*remembers the N-Gage*

*Dies laughing*

Ahem..Sadly this doesn't interest me, since I probably wouldn't be able to get it, just like I won't be able to get a Windows 7 phone baring my credit checks suddenly pass.

Still the idea isn't new, and for sony's sake i hope it does better then the N Gage and that they take heed of that format's many, many, many problems. Better yet maybe it would just be better for them to just look at what the iPhone did and copy that...just you know, without the dodgy reception.

If you're going to use the "Hey Mickey" tune in your ads, at least use lyrics other than "Hey Cooky". It's fu.cking annoying hearing that repeated 30 odd times in a couple minutes. I want to facedesk so badly right now.

Also, no I won't be buying it.

Maxon said:
If you're going to use the "Hey Mickey" tune in your ads, at least use lyrics other than "Hey Cooky". It's fu.cking annoying hearing that repeated 30 odd times in a couple minutes. I want to facedesk so badly right now.

Also, no I won't be buying it.

I love the fact that they don't bother advertising the phone.

Ad meeting in Seoul.

"So LG want us to film an advertisement for a phone. Any ideas? Come on people, blue sky thinking."
"Guys, we'll get Girls Generation."
"Great let's film THEM!"

And much like Jayme, I tend to make phones last a good few years but I think I need an upgrade.

Genkina Hito said:
I love the fact that they don't bother advertising the phone.
How many products are actually advertised on their utilitarian merits now though? Ronseal and Cillit Bang are about the only things which spring to mind. "This is a better product" is irrelevant in advertising now; it's all "You are a better person if you have this product". I've thought for a while that all you really need to sell anything to men is an empty room containing only the product and a naked woman achieving orgasm. So as not to be sexist, for women it would be where a woman is in possession of the product, and is the focus of attention of several semi-clad unrealistically attractive men as a result (so as to give a very shallow impression of empowerment and choice).

/off topic rambling

I still have a Nokia 6230 which I bought so I would be able to use it in Canada (back when tri-band was a big deal). I'm thinking of upgrading to a second-hand HTC Desire. I don't call anyone very often but it would be good not to have to carry around a phone, iPod touch *and* a mobile wifi device. Mobile gaming ain't really for me. Mobile internet is far more appealing.

There's so much confusion over what this thing actually is. Some speculate that it's just a phone made by Sony Ericsson that can play games (as it lacks any PlayStation branding outside of the buttons), others speculate that it contains the guts of the original PSP, and will be used to help continue that platform. Where as some are even speculating that this is the "PSP2".

Back