Persona 4 to be made into Anime by Aniplex

Aniplex are a publisher/ licensee, part of Sony.
In terms of what an anime ends up like the studio and budget are all that realy matter. Who holds the rights is fairly meaningless, unless they own the studio.

I was actually going to post a news post for this tomorrow, when the site had actually finished it's countdown. But hey, this works too(it just doesn't get to the front page).

Was at first sure it'd be P4P and not an anime, but this works too. I'll see how things pan out for it though.

A-1 is comfortably one the top studios out there these days, I would just ignore Trinity Soul as a bad idea that was never going to go anywhere.

Otaku-san said:
What you got against A-1 pictures?

Apart from Nagi being used goods
As a side, that Nagi nonsense was dumb even for anime fans.

But A-1 did the last Persona anime, the ever disliked Persona: Trinity Soul, which couldn't decide if Personae worked like Stands, GFs, Sprit Unity from Shaman King or well, Personae and seemed to have a world book written by dartbord.
It also featured none of the cast of Persona 3 (which it was said to be based off) and wrote rules about who has what persona wise that ensured it's being made non-cannon the moment Persona 4 came out.

Confirming the reports from the past two days, <a href="http://www.mayonaka-tv.jp/">Aniplexs' site</a>&nbsp;confirmed earlier today that the Persona 4 project is to be a television anime release. The anime at present looks to be a direct adaptation of the 2008(2009 release in&nbsp;Europe)&nbsp;Playstation 2 title, with previous voice actors such as Ami Koshimizu(Yukiko Amagi) and Daisuki Namikawa(main character, or Yu Narukami for the anime) reprising their roles for this. A release date has yet to be confirmed, but the official site has now been opened, which you can view <a href="http://www.p4a.jp/index.html">here</a>

ConanThe3rd said:
Otaku-san said:

But A-1 did the last Persona anime, the ever disliked Persona: Trinity Soul, which couldn't decide if Personae worked like Stands, GFs, Sprit Unity from Shaman King or well, Personae and seemed to have a world book written by dartbord.
It also featured none of the cast of Persona 3 (which it was said to be based off) and wrote rules about who has what persona wise that ensured it's being made non-cannon the moment Persona 4 came out.

Actually, just one character from Persona 3 appeared in Trinity Soul but as in a supporting role. That was Akihiko

As a heads up. I merged the two topics so that all information was kept to the one topic. The news post is about 2-3 posts above this one, which is where you'll find the link to the P4A site and other information. Just annoys me i couldn't get it merged so that the news post was a the top and everything else after. Oh well.

CloudedMinds said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Otaku-san said:

Actually, just one character from Persona 3 appeared in Trinity Soul but as in a supporting role. That was Akihiko
So really, it had a cheek to even be considered a Persona 3 anything. It's one thing to mess up an adaptation egregiously (Hi there Disgaea), it's quite the other to miss the target completely.

Thankfully, this looks like to be a mea culpa of their mistakes with Trinity soul. So we're getting the adaptation of the game, with the original cast (Kaiji has acquired the powers of the persona with the help of KEYOHJIIII!) with AiC (mother-flipping Seto No Hanayome, dood!) at the animations.

So what is the name of the studio that is developing it? Or isn't that confirmed?

I thought it was Index, but then I remember they own Atlus.

PS: This anime deserves 51 episodes.

PSS: The reason I dislike A-1 Pictures is because not only of their shoddy work on Persona Trinity Souls, but that they seem to have a track record of anime I merely dislike.

if everyone is wondering Persona is going to be done by AIC ASTA, it was confirmed on ANN, and I think this might turn out great considering they animated sora no otoshimono and forte.

New trailer is up on the site with some actual footage.

I'll take back what I said earlier. From that footage it looks pretty good.
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b_Vav3Lq2-g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b_Vav3Lq2-g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Hell yes. Looks like they're using remixes of the game soundtrack.

Personally I'd be disappointed if the original music doesn't make it into the series.

Anyone remember this?

1302988728759.jpg

Back