Paradise Kiss anime!

Unit 0 said:
Ramen89 said:
You Mean Yukari

Is that her name? I thought it was Caroline :lol:

I found that confusing too, her name is Yukari tho :D

There's a simple explanation! Yukari doesn't want to give her name to any of the Parakiss people to start with and Miwako takes it upon herself to name her Caroline (I can't quite remember why she chooses that name!). Even when they find out what her name is, Caroline kinda sticks as a nickname ^_^

Well I enjoyed ParaKiss 2 but not as much as the first episode. For one thing, the bishy hairdresser wasn't there, and another I was a bit confused by the names and I'm not sure why. I had to keep thinking about who's who when they were talking about other characters...

Still, as Chomolungma says, it's becoming addictive and I will watch the rest of the series.

Chibi Yosho said:
Well I enjoyed ParaKiss 2 but not as much as the first episode. For one thing, the bishy hairdresser wasn't there
I enjoyed the second episode probably just as much as the first, but i know what you mean, i want to see more of that Hair Dresser :lol: .

I knew the length the series was going to be, but i agree with Chomolungma, i don't want to part with the characters after such a short time. Not looking forward to the non conformist Shoujo ending, sure to make me very depressed

Chibi Yosho said:
Well I enjoyed ParaKiss 2 but not as much as the first episode. For one thing, the bishy hairdresser wasn't there, and another I was a bit confused by the names and I'm not sure why. I had to keep thinking about who's who when they were talking about other characters...
I don't see how you can get confused by the names!
I can't remember if the "gay" hairdresser turns up again in the story, he's not really anything to do with the main storyline, it's mostly a story about George and Yukari (Caroline), but there is quite a lot of history of Arashi and Miwako in the story. It's basically a good old romance based around fashion designers and their dreams, there is no other underlying element to the story.

I loved episode 2, as we are starting to get a hint of the attraction George and Yukari have for each other (I loved the scene where he wipes off her lipstick ^_^).

Miaka-chan said:
I loved episode 2, as we are starting to get a hint of the attraction George and Yukari have for each other (I loved the scene where he wipes off her lipstick ^_^).
That was an excellent part! I was just thinking "OMG are they going to kiss" it was pretty unexpected since I didn't sense any attraction from either of them through the episode...

Chibi Yosho said:
Miaka-chan said:
That was an excellent part! I was just thinking "OMG are they going to kiss" it was pretty unexpected since I didn't sense any attraction from either of them through the episode...

I thought some attraction began to develop outside the libary, where Yukari finally found some one to listen to in George. She seemed drawn back to him, even when she found out that he had called for her, not met her by chance - perhaps she was beginning to feel that George cared for her like no-one else had before. And George has a certain mystique, as does the fashion designing way of life.

Let's face it, who wouldn't fall for George? ;)

Watching Episode 3, had to pause to point out another BECK reference :lol:
beck.png

Its obviously Ryuuske taking Beck for a walk :D

Just finished watching the raw of episode 4 and I have to say the kiss at the end is more like it ^_^ I was beginning to think that the way the love scenes in this have been crossed over into the anime have been, so far, pretty much unerotic, but that final scene has changed my mind :wink:

Just watched eposode 4, Im suprised that I actually like Arashi now, Im suprised how fast the whole Yukari and George romance is moving but its not nescercerally a bad thing :D

Ramen89 said:
Im suprised how fast the whole Yukari and George romance is moving but its not nescercerally a bad thing :D
You mean necessarily :wink:
You have to remember this is a 12 eps series and only 5 manga books and the main focus in the manga is the romance/passion between George and Yukari, so if they're not getting *hot* by episode 4, there won't be much time left for passion :lol:
I'm going to watch episode 5 later (raw) - can't wait ^_^

I get the feeling I'd prefer watching this series in big chunks rather than weekly one-shots. Yet again, I find myself feeling out of the loop when watching Paradise Kiss, something isn't clicking for me. I'm still enjoying the series, but hasn't yet become the series I'd expect from the excellent opening theme (which is incidently, still the best thing about Paradise Kiss).

Paul said:
I get the feeling I'd prefer watching this series in big chunks rather than weekly one-shots. Yet again, I find myself feeling out of the loop when watching Paradise Kiss, something isn't clicking for me. I'm still enjoying the series, but hasn't yet become the series I'd expect from the excellent opening theme (which is incidently, still the best thing about Paradise Kiss).

I must admit, while I agree it's a good song, I don't see what so many people do in the Paradise Kiss opening. I still prefer Do You Want To, and even some of the bgm.

I'm absolutely loving this series actually, the OP is brilliant, but i'm still waiting for the actual show! i wanna see them all in their costumes, (omg i cant remember the names again :S), but the lady with purple hair in the OP, with that hat thing on, i wanna see that!

Loving it so far though, but what is so great about that main character girl's short hair, it looks odd :S

Ramen89 said:
I quite like the opening, but as much as it pains me to say it I also like the ending :D

I think the lyrics, especially for Kapranos, McCarthey and co., are pretty articulate, and the song has so completely grown on me; I love the lines "I like your friends, they're so arty," and "your famous friends, well I blew them before you," because they seem to be reflections of events in life. But then again, maybe that's just me.

The series continues at break-neck speed; I still don't think it has quite the verve of the manga, but it's still enjoyable in its own right.

Back