Paradise Kiss anime!

I am really looking forward to watching Paradise Kiss. I saw the trailer a little while ago, and even though i had seen really nice pictures of George before, seeing what he looks like animated makes me even more excited about this series :D

I've found 2 raws of episode 1 already and you wouldn't believe the temptation I'm having to resist not to download one of the torrents :lol:
I would really rather wait until it's fansubbed, especially as I know one very good fansub group is definitely doing it. I guess patience is a virtue - agh! who am I kidding, I don't think I can't wait :lol:

This season has been strange, some shows have been subbed in 2-3 days others like Hell Girl have taken the whole week, I hope Paradise Kiss is subbed soon though :D

Told you I wouldn't be able to wait until the fansub came out :lol: I just watched the first episode raw and it has exceeded my expectations ^_^
George is gorgeous and everything is wonderful and I was surprised at just how well Franz Ferdinand's "Do You Want To" is as an ending song.
For everyone's elses pleasure, here are some screen shotshots from episode one :mrgreen:

The first episode has finally been subbed!!! :lol:

EDIT: I just watched it and it was pretty damn good, also the bit in the opening where a light is flashed on to a wall and reveals a picture, that picture was one of the many pictures in BECK's ending :lol:

Unit 0 said:
The first ep was really good. I loved the opening music. Was pretty wierd hearing franz ferdinand at the end tho...

Amazingly, the ending sequence has made me addicted to that song, and even the album, which I was pretty neutral to before.

Chomolungma said:
Amazingly, the ending sequence has made me addicted to that song, and even the album, which I was pretty neutral to before.
I know, talk about the influence of anime, i couldn't get the song out my head for the whole day after watching it, and now i find myself listening to that, and also the opening all the time (though i can't actually find a full length for the opening yet). I think Franz Ferdinand could only stand to profit out of this

Charter_Mage said:
I know, talk about the influence of anime, i couldn't get the song out my head for the whole day after watching it, and now i find myself listening to that, and also the opening all the time (though i can't actually find a full length for the opening yet). I think Franz Ferdinand could only stand to profit out of this

I think so too, i'm still listening to it about five times a day. :shock:

Episode 2 was still very good, although as I think Miaka-chan mentioned above they seem to be speeding through the manga at hitherto unknown velocities. George my favourite character, but the rest of the main cast are also endearing personalities.

Chomolungma said:
Episode 2 was still very good, although as I think Miaka-chan mentioned above they seem to be speeding through the manga at hitherto unknown velocities. George my favourite character, but the rest of the main cast are also endearing personalities.
When did I say that? :lol:
Actually I think they're sticking pretty much to the storyline so far. The only thing I can see that's been changed so far, is how unerotic the scene between Arashi and Miwako was :wink: I had a funny feeling the "love scenes" would be toned down - even though it's aired at nearly 1am!
I'm hoping the fashion show isn't messed up, as that was one of my favourite parts in the manga ^_^ (I can't wait to see Yukari in THE dress!!).

Miaka-chan said:
Chomolungma said:
When did I say that? :lol:
Actually I think they're sticking pretty much to the storyline so far. The only thing I can see that's been changed so far, is how unerotic the scene between Arashi and Miwako was :wink: I had a funny feeling the "love scenes" would be toned down - even though it's aired at nearly 1am!
I'm hoping the fashion show isn't messed up, as that was one of my favourite parts in the manga ^_^ (I can't wait to see Yukari in THE dress!!).

:oops: Perhaps I dreamt it,. How long is the manga, by the way?

As i've said above, this is really becoming addictive after two episodes, it really is mature and interesting slice of life and the fashion aspect interest me greatly.

Chomolungma said:
:lol: There's 5 volumes to the manga, so I guess 12 episodes of the anime is about right!
I got very depressed when I finished reading the manga, it was such a change from the usual shoujo endings I'm familiar with!

Ramen89 said:
Caroline had Beck written on her bag when she was at that library place :lol:
You Mean Yukari :wink: I'm sorry, but I find that extremely sad, what are they trying to do? send subliminal messages to the viewer :lol:

Miaka-chan said:
Chomolungma said:
:lol: There's 5 volumes to the manga, so I guess 12 episodes of the anime is about right!
I got very depressed when I finished reading the manga, it was such a change from the usual shoujo endings I'm familiar with!

Oh, I was under the impression that the anime would be longer. I guess the ending will be one of the usual slice-of-life "life goes on" endings, but having read much of the manga and started watching the anime, I really don't want to leave any of the characters after such a short time.

And Ramen, now that I look again and have seen the bag, I have to say that's a pretty nice touch.

Back