[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

They're releasing junk like God of High School and Tower of God, but not Laid-Back Camp? Fail.

spits out drink
They're releasing Tower of God physically?
We have different opinions on the show but even as a fan I'm still surprised they did so. I thought they were going to lock it behind their streaming platform forever as a means to drive people to their platform.

I hope that means that the chances of Anime Ltd getting Kaisen are much higher, given that they have In/Spectre.

What is even up with this non physical release of Yuru Camp (& A Place further than the Universe). Is there a reason or some speculation as to why it's taking so long?

Would love a Dororo relese from @MVM
That would be nice of Anime Ltd got Jujutsu Kaisen. Pretty much if they got that or Tower of God, it's basically guaranteed it'll have some kind of collector's edition.

Sentai July 2021 line-up.

New releases:

AnimeContentFormatDatePriceAudioNotes
Chihayafuru Season 3TV: 1-25Blu-ray
27th​
$89.98​
English
Japanese​
Premium coming soon
RahXephonTV: 1-26
& Film
Blu-ray
Steelbook
20th​
$129.98​
English
Japanese​
School-Live! The MovieJ-FilmBlu-ray
6th​
$19.98​
Japanese​
Live-Action Film

Re-releases:

AnimeContentFormatDatePriceAudioNotes
Grisaia Collection:
Fruit of Grisaia
Labyrinth of Grisaia
Eden of Grisaia
TV: 1-13, 1-10
& OVA
Blu-ray
13th​
$69.98​
Japanese​
Knights of Sidonia Collection:
Knights of Sidonia
Knights of Sidonia the Movie
Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine
TV: 1-12, 1-12
& Film
Blu-ray
6th​
$89.98​
English
Japanese​
MM!TV: 1-12Blu-ray
6th​
$59.98​
English
Japanese​

Rahxephon steelbook for sure., once it drops to around $60. Sidonia and Grisaia whenever they go on one of Sentai's ridiculously cheap sales if they have improved discs, since I have those in the older part sets.

Yeah the steelbooks are overpriced.
I wonder if perhaps companies haven't wised up to the fact they sell steelbooks relatively cheaply but once they go OOP the values skyrocket. This is your fault, collectors who pay like five times the original RRP for an OOP steelbook...

Back