old boxset types or new boxset types

Animefreak17

Godhand
ok some of us have the cardboard boxsets with thick or thin dvd cases that slips out and some plastic boxsets that has all discs in one dvd case e.g.
the cardboard boxsets - bleach, naruto, trigun ect
the plastic boxsets - wolfs rain, outlaw star, ect

now the cardboard boxsets are simple single slip out dvd case that are all together in one.

the plastic boxsets are all in one dvd case that rather flip over to get to the other discs or are one on top of thee other

i have a problem with the plastic boxsets cause they are very very delicate and the base of the flip overs can brake.
i ordered these animes this one time and they were the plastic boxsets and when i opened the the base flips was broken. and it was too late to send them back for replacements.

the one flaw that the cardboard boxsets have is space consuming i got a few animes thats in two parts e.g witch hunter robin, cowboy bepop, they take up space and then theres the others trigun, ect

i find that the cardboard boxsets are better.

Zomg plastic boxsets ftw <3

I like the art on the cardboard ones, but I like having 7 or 8 discs fitting into a little box that's even smaller than a VHS case. You can fit more DVDs on your shelf that way.

Bleach, Naruto and nearly all of the MVM shows have been reprinted into plastic boxsets, by the way.

I like chipboard boxes with thin DVD cases, however, the DVD cases have to be decent quality and not the kind where the hubs break when they are posted to me.

Plastic cases/bricks are nice, but the problem I have with them is that when a spindle snaps or there's some other structural transport damage, it's a huge pain to replace the box (so I usually don't, and I have some where the discs are not well protected at all for this reason). It's the same with digipacks. With thin DVD cases I can at least swap out any which get screwed up and have a nice, pristine set.

R

I prefer the plastic boxsets (particularly, those used for the Anime Legends line). The cardboard ones are usually lazy, with just all the individual volumes shoved in a cardboard box, which means it takes up a lot of space. Although recently, a lot of the cardboard boxsets have had each disc repackaged into thinner cases within the box...but they still take up a fair bit of space.

Chipboard boxes such as the US Thinpak sets are my fav though space or lack there of is forcing me to change more over to the microbrick (plastic) sets.

I prefer thin packaging too.

Blu-ray is good too, where they can have a whole series in a standard sized case on 2 or 3 discs.

Hate bricks, they're horrible and cheap for the most part.
Like FUNi's thinpacks; liked the old boxset for Moonphase as well, despite being card.

with the thinner packs i try to make 100% sure there not damaged by turning them upside up and upside down in stores, i can always tell by the sound in the thinner packs if the dvds have come lose or the inner flip spin is broke and if i hear anything weird in postal orders i open them up and see what wrong ( i like to open my animes when im going to watch them)

animefreak17 said:
JohnC said:
I prefer thin packaging too.

Blu-ray is good too, where they can have a whole series in a standard sized case on 2 or 3 discs.
isn't freedom a cardboard boxset with blue ray?
It is, but it's pretty ancient by Blu-ray standards. There wasn't a lot of choice in packaging back then, and Bandai don't seem like the types to care much. It's much better now, mostly.

Reaper gI said:
Hate bricks, they're horrible and cheap for the most part.
Like FUNi's thinpacks; liked the old boxset for Moonphase as well, despite being card.
iv got moonphase, haven't watched it yet but i love the boxset it looks so so so so so pretty
if the cardboard boxsets sometimes have good art work moon phase for example, i was so freain lucky to get that at the hmv website store cause on the day i got it the stopped publishing it lol

i like the special boxsets like
the eva tin boxset
the elfin lied boxset
azumanga diou boxset
dragon ball boxsets
negima boxset
you know the special sort of boxsets

Chipboard and thinpaks, yup. As much room as possible for cover art, doesn't look cheap, doesn't take up too much space.

ilmaestro said:
Chipboard and thinpaks, yup. As much room as possible for cover art, doesn't look cheap, doesn't take up too much space.
thin ones aren't space consuming il give ya that but some of the have nice art work

ahah tnks man.

I prefer the think packs or carboard ones. The plastic vhs type isnt that great and is ugly as hell. On the other side, doesnt take too much space for them like thin packs.

bakum4tsu said:
ahah tnks man.

I prefer the think packs or carboard ones. The plastic vhs type isnt that great and is ugly as hell. On the other side, doesnt take too much space for them like thin packs.
i agree that the box boxsets do take up more room but at least they dont brake so easy as the plastic one, i have had that problem every time when i received a plastic boxsets they brake, you know the inside flaps the turns over. i do prefer the box boxsets but you can get box boxsets thats thin too, i have a few of them

Back