Okay to buy from?

ignore aion's post.
Bought a lot of anime from them, more specifically from the 99p offers. Got me all Oh my goddess and serial experiments lain this way.

I've bought Serial Experiments Lain from there and it came with no problems... except when I first played it, it wouldn't play on the PS2 or the 360... or the PS3...

Actually turns out the DVD will only play ON a DVD player and not a games console.

Still, it's a great place and I'm going to buy the rest of the series ^^

Thats good news because they are the only place where I can find .hack//sign the first box ^_^ I got the second one thinking it was the complete series.

Strange that I cant find it in stock anywhere.

I've never had a problem with them. I usually compare AoL and Play.com for prices so in terms of value for money and ordering reliability they're pretty competitive. You'll have to look elsewhere for imports and rarities but as online stores for UK releases go they're one of the better ones.

Ammy said:
I've bought Serial Experiments Lain from there and it came with no problems... except when I first played it, it wouldn't play on the PS2 or the 360... or the PS3...

Actually turns out the DVD will only play ON a DVD player and not a games console.

What? mine lays on ps3 without problems. I've got mine from anime-on-line as well.

chaos said:
Ammy said:

What? mine lays on ps3 without problems. I've got mine from anime-on-line as well.

Not with me... It doesn't work on my PS3, 360 or PS2. I dunno why, but it still works... on a normal DVD player.

Ammy said:
chaos said:
Ammy said:

Not with me... It doesn't work on my PS3, 360 or PS2. I dunno why, but it still works... on a normal DVD player.

This sounds stupid but, have you updated your PS3 and 360?

That could be it?

Spyro201 said:
Ammy said:
chaos said:
Ammy said:

That could be it?

They are all updated with the last version. And I played other anime DVDs and they all work fine. It's the DVD itself, which won't play on a game console. It doesn't bother me either as I have a DVD Player in my bedroom anyway.

Ammy said:
Spyro201 said:
Ammy said:
chaos said:
Ammy said:

That could be it?

They are all updated with the last version. And I played other anime DVDs and they all work fine. It's the DVD itself, which won't play on a game console. It doesn't bother me either as I have a DVD Player in my bedroom anyway.
I had the same issue with the first disc of the Lain Box Set (not the thinpak). I eventually ended up watching it using VLC on my Macbook; Apple's own DVD player wasn't able to play it. I came to the conclusion that one of the scene's before the main DVD menu appears is corrupt (such as one of the copyright notices). VLC skips directly to the main menu and thus avoids the broken scene, whereas everything else tries to play it normally and gets stuck.

Keeping things on topic, I've heard nothing but good things about Anime-On-Line, so I'd say you'll be safe ordering from them. As previously mentioned, they are MVM's own store. :)

I mostly use anime-online for my dvds and sometimes manga aswell. Been using them since May and have not been disappointed with them at all. The dvds get delivered a day after your order has been processed. My only gripe is when im ordering manga from them. Last 3 times i ordered some manga from them, it took at least 2 weeks before the order was completed. Otherwise no complaints at all, i cant recommend them highly enough.

Also if you're part of the anime-connect club, you can get vouchers that you collect to send in for free copies of dvds. So far i managed to get My-Hime vol 1, Death Note vol 2 and School Rumble vol 2. Not bad for £15 a year :)

I also had issues with Serial Experiments Lain not playing in my PS2, no problem playing it on my PC with kmPlayer though.

http://www.anime-on-line.com is great site, with good offers, quick deliverly times, a reward scheme of 1% back on purchases.

Also you end up with satisfaction knowing that buying off there supports the industry as much as possible, as the proceeds help to run the second biggest distrubtor of anime dvds in the UK, MVM.

ALWAYS check this site before buying any UK Anime dvd titles off any other site as they may have them cheaper than anywhere elsewhere, especially on MVM titles.

^ MVM representative above? =)

in any case, whenever I'm buying UK anime titles, I check find dvd first. If it's a MVM title, I would check AOL as they do have some sweet offers every now and then.

Back