OK, I'm hoping to get 1 anime series this year...

Which would you recommend?

• Last Exile

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

• Noir

• Wait for (this show), which is coming later out this year (specify show)

• Total voters
brynthaboss said:
isnt there a second movie to ghost in the shell. i cant find it anywhere but a friend said he saw it in a forbidden planet store.

Yep, Ghost In The Shell : Innocence is the second movie , I dont think its had an official UK release yet though. Havent seen it myself so cant comment if its any good or not.

i'm not sure about the original bubblegum crisis, but the remake (bubblegum crisis tokyo 2040) is a great series. the ending is a bit weird, but at least it has an ending (the original had the notorious bubblegum crash). i highly recommend bgct2040 though. i haven't seen spriggan either, but i haven't heard many good things about it unfortunately.

brynthaboss said:
ye i will do. do you know anything about spriggen and bublegum crisis. my mate wants to know if they are ne gud.

I found the original Bublegum crisis to be rather poor but that could be to me trying to compare it to the superior Tokyo 2040. The episodes are really longwinded and the Hardsuits, while still being cool, don't really appear as much. Their is also very little plot to the thing.

Spriggen on the other hand is just crap trust me on that.

i've heard a lot of people say that spriggen is rubbish. its just we saw a trailer for it and it looked okay but just wanted a second opinion b4 buying it.

not going to buy it now. going to buy bubblegum crisis 2040

bgct2040 is one of my faves (here's
<a href="http://www.concretebadger.co.uk/animereviews/bgct2040.htm">
my review</a>), but i too was tempted to buy spriggan on the trailer before someone warned my about it.

Personally, I think Spriggan is harshly treated. It's basically a mindless action movie with some funky ideas about Noah's arc. The animation is great and I love the character designs, especially the half cyborg/giant villian.

It won't win any awards, but it's a proper popcorn action flick, sitting just below the likes of Ninja Scroll.

Thinking of crazy action movies, does anyone remember Wicked City? Another great anime movie awaiting DVD treatment from Manga Ent.

Not that I know of, but it's something I'll definently raise with Manga UK. Thinking back to it, Wicked City is a pretty damn good film and I'd love to watch it in Japanese with subs.

Back