Official PlayStation Thread (PSN stuff, discussion..etc)

Re: Official Playstation 3 Thread(PSN stuff, discussion..etc

I do love my RPGs (and Final Fantasy games) but I've never played an MMO before. I don't have a PS4 (yet...) but Amazon are selling the PS3 version for just under £5 (before postage).

I do hope on being able to buy a PS4 before the end of the year and iirc, aren't Square Enix offering a free upgrade for PS3 players until the end of the year?

XIV is excellent. I've stopped playing it now for one reason or another, but I wouldn't give back the ten months I had with it for anything.

Also, adding such an obvious space to the title of "Akiba's Trip 2" really does decrease the level of... ingenuity... on display.

Has anyone played any of the Warriors Orochi games? Are they any good?

Lutga said:

I love them, though I don't pick up all of the extended editions as I don't have enough time. Have you played any Dynasty Warriors style games before? They're the same kind of thing, but more awesome.

R

Rui said:
Lutga said:

I love them, though I don't pick up all of the extended editions as I don't have enough time. Have you played any Dynasty Warriors style games before? They're the same kind of thing, but more awesome.

R

Yup, I got DW 8 when it came out on PS4 earlier this year and loved it, so will definitely thinking about picking up Orochi. Bit gutted the Gundam one doesn't seem to be coming to PS4 as that looks incredible.

I don't know which world to choose on Final Fantasy XIV...

Nice, that game looks like it didn't shape up quite as good as I thought it was going to be after playing the demo, but it's still cool to see them following through on that.

Joshawott said:
I don't know which world to choose on Final Fantasy XIV...
I would suggest Phoenix based on server pop, but Odin isn't too far behind and I can attest to it being a fun server to play on. Haven't played for a few weeks myself for one reason or another, otherwise I'd show you around. :-/

Can NIS America please rename themselves "NIS Europe" when releasing this in the continent?

Joshawott said:
Can NIS America please rename themselves "NIS Europe" when releasing this in the continent?

While they're at it, they might as well reduce the LE prices because 99% of the fans on their Facebook page are pissed.

NormanicGrav said:
Joshawott said:

While they're at it, they might as well reduce the LE prices because 99% of the fans on their Facebook page are pissed.
Eeeyyyuuuuup 9.9

NormanicGrav said:
First "killer app" PS4 exclusive right there. And coming hot on the heels of the Orochi 3 Ultimate announcement. Too much awesome.

NormanicGrav said:
Well isn't this sort of an insult of NIS getting the PS3 & Vita rights, XSEED now have the PlayStation 4 rights to Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed for North America.
Xseed have the PS3 and Vita rights as well, though?

fabricatedlunatic said:
NormanicGrav said:
Well isn't this sort of an insult of NIS getting the PS3 & Vita rights, XSEED now have the PlayStation 4 rights to Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed for North America.
Xseed have the PS3 and Vita rights as well, though?

True but if they had gotten the PS4 rights before NIS Europe popped in, the UK could have gotten the PS4 version as well. But I guess it's not much of an issue right now, there's still plenty of time for NIS to get the PS4 version out there since the US version isn't released till the holiday season. Ah nevermind.

Anywho, Sony is bringing out a Limited Edition for Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix for UK/Europe/PAL region. What do you get for the Limited Edition? a collectible Disney badge!

fabricatedlunatic said:
First "killer app" PS4 exclusive right there.
The three day headstart on the Destiny beta wasn't enough to convince you already?

I don't think there's a genre of videogame that excites me less than sci-fi FPS. Maybe quiz show tie-ins.

ilmaestro said:
How about games that are actually original quiz shows?
Quiz shows like Buzz? Not sure if Sony ever does those anymore.

Back