Official PlayStation Thread (PSN stuff, discussion..etc)

Re: Official Playstation 3 Thread(PSN stuff, discussion..etc

I managed to make a Japanese PSN account for once, so if anyone has made one I was hoping if you would recommend the games available on there (and the demo's if possible) and at somepoint in the future I would get a PSN Points card and use it to get those games if they interest me. I've downloaded demos of Yakuza Ishin and Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2 (PS3) so far, and I noticed tons of PS1 games on the service. I do have plans on getting a Vita in the summer so feel free to mention Vita versions.

Sony are going to releasing for the Vita : Over my dead Body 2,
Soul Sacrifice Delta and Freedom Wars.

Really looking forward to them coming out, as they look like fun games to play on my vita ^_^

Shame the memory card prices are so crazy. Going to probably pick up a 64GB on import from Japan, begrudgingly. All the games I want are releasing as Digital only and the sales are amazing when they happen.

Did anyone put much time into FF14? I got the PS4 release recently and have been enjoying it a lot - debating whether to keep paying the monthly subscription though as the the difficulty spike once you reach the endgame content seems to be pretty steep? (watching vids of instance runs, the whole party seems to need superhuman reactions to clear bosses)

Yes, I certainly did/do!

Keep going, it's not that bad outside of one or two particular instances.

Random question: I've been thinking about buying J-Stars Victory Vs., but I'm kind of torn between what console. I tend to use my Vita more than my PS3, so I was thinking of going that route, but there's one thing that could make me go the other way. I have an EU PSN account tied to my Vita - would I be able to access the online multiplayer using my EU PSN account or would I be locked out unless I use my Japanese one? I know DLC is locked to region, but what about multiplayer?

If I'd be locked out, I'll probably go for the PS3 version.

The only games I have that are locked like that are ones that come with online passes (ie. a code you need to redeem in the respective region's store in order to access the online mode). If it doesn't have that, I would say you will be able to play on your EU account.

Ah....so then comes the question of how to find out if a game uses an online pass or not.

Joshawott said:
Ah....so then comes the question of how to find out if a game uses an online pass or not.

If you're wondering whether J-Stars has an online pass I can assure you that it doesn't (my copy is Japanese with the CERO logo and all), however I haven't tried the online yet.

NormanicGrav said:
Joshawott said:

If you're wondering whether J-Stars has an online pass I can assure you that it doesn't (my copy is Japanese with the CERO logo and all), however I haven't tried the online yet.
Cool! Is there any chance you could test out the online? Because if it is indeed locked, I'll just get in PS3 and swap to my JP PSN ID when I want to go online. I don't own that many Vita games (okay....3 games) and only one of them has an online pass (LittleBigPlanet). What is the point in online passes anyway?

...and then I just realised that Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD is only £23. Urgh...there are so many games I want to buy now that Comic Con has passed....uggguuuuu. I need like, the money from a job but the spare time from not having a job to play the games I buy.

The online passes are to provide value to the publisher from second hand sales - if you still want to play the online, you need to buy another code direct from them.

Joshawott said:
NormanicGrav said:
Joshawott said:

Cool! Is there any chance you could test out the online? Because if it is indeed locked, I'll just get in PS3 and swap to my JP PSN ID when I want to go online. I don't own that many Vita games (okay....3 games) and only one of them has an online pass (LittleBigPlanet). What is the point in online passes anyway?

...and then I just realised that Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD is only £23. Urgh...there are so many games I want to buy now that Comic Con has passed....uggguuuuu. I need like, the money from a job but the spare time from not having a job to play the games I buy.

I'll try the online once my internet becomes stable, it's been going off and on every now and then (in preparation for next year's super fast broadband). I recall the American anime fans (like Fornever World) playing J Stars online like normal, I presume we can play against the Japanese owners who own the game (just a theory).

I have no idea where to put these type of news in this area so I figured I'll put it here. NISA Europe is bringing Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed to the PAL regions on PlayStation 3 and Vita on October 10th. I sure hope the PEGI doesn't do any harm (an 16/18 would be fine anyway).

Here's the trailer Sony put out months back:

Meanwhile in Japan (as it's known as Akiba's Trip 2 since the first game was on PSP which wasn't localised outside the country) you can dress up in a Swimsuit or play as Super Sonico in the PS4 version.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm glad Akiba's Trip is coming out. Was going to import it, but since it's looks like it's a getting a physical release here because of NISA, I will get it here instead

Didn't know where to post this, but I have a PS3 Destiny Beta code up for grabs, it will be first come, first served.

Rena Ryuugu said:
I'm glad Akiba's Trip is coming out. Was going to import it, but since it's looks like it's a getting a physical release here because of NISA, I will get it here instead

Really tempted to buy this just because it looks so ridiculous (and fun).

It's great that the VITA is getting so much Japanese content localised.

I'm feeling like something new and I've realised that I've never played an online game. Would anyone recommend Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn?

Joshawott said:
I'm feeling like something new and I've realised that I've never played an online game. Would anyone recommend Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn?

Definitely worth a go (especially if you're a fan of MMOs or RPGs)

It's ridiculously deep - but very easy to pick up, and packs a ton of content in. It's one of the few MMOs I've played where the monthly fee feels justified in terms of the number, size and frequency of updates they do. The controller mapping for PS4 is very cleverly done and loading times are all very quick (though lag can be a problem at times during peak hours - though this depends more on your connection I think). The job system is brilliant too - I really like the way one character can switch between jobs - basically means you can play many different styles on one character without having to make alts.

My only two criticisms would be,

a) It's a 'proper' time-sink. Be prepared to sink around 20 hours a week into it if you want to properly get into it.

b) The end-game content requires a ridiculously high skill level (in my opinion) - the community is on the whole very friendly, but woe betide you if you join end game parties without being up to the standard.

Back