Ocean dub of Kai starting 2011

The one thing I'd like to see is a cast-list, chiefly for the characters I'm fond of, such as Goku, Yamcha and Tenshinhan.

Though it would perhaps be unfair to cast judgement on the show with simply a cast-list in hand, it might at least give us an idea of where they're going with the show.

dinkeytom said:
Hopefully ABgroup don't have the rights to the Dragonball franchise any more.
Nope, this one's being done by Ocean, but Toei hired them out, same as that Magical Girl show thats on Pop Girl who's name escapes me

Uppa said:
The one thing I'd like to see is a cast-list, chiefly for the characters I'm fond of, such as Goku, Yamcha and Tenshinhan.

Though it would perhaps be unfair to cast judgement on the show with simply a cast-list in hand, it might at least give us an idea of where they're going with the show.
Well, I might prefer it to the Funi dub if they bring back Scott MacNeill and Doc Harris. Doc Morgan ruins the Funi dub of Kai for me, tbh.

Paradox295 said:
dinkeytom said:
Hopefully ABgroup don't have the rights to the Dragonball franchise any more.
Nope, this one's being done by Ocean, but Toei hired them out, same as that Magical Girl show thats on Pop Girl who's name escapes me

That has nothing to do with it, any group can do a dub for a show, but if they haven't got the rights to the licencing of Dragonball in europe, it counts for diddly squat

remember Ocean did the dubbing for Dragonball Z and Dragonball/GT via it's blue water branch, but it only over got a tv release, not a dvd one

I think it might be better to hope that AB group don't have the rights to DBKai rather than not have the rights to DB. I think they have a vice grip on that and One Piece (apparently reason #2 we don't have ether after Toei being an incompetent gaggle of asshats)

I swear, if this shenanigans with One Piece and Dragonball in the UK ever gets sorted out, some brave soul needs to write a blasted book about the whole ordeal. It would make for some illuminating reading.

ConanThe3rd said:
I think it might be better to hope that AB group don't have the rights to DBKai rather than not have the rights to DB. I think they have a vice grip on that and One Piece (apparently reason #2 we don't have ether after Toei being an incompetent gaggle of asshats)
That's what I meant , when I mean by franchise I mean by everything associated with it.

dinkeytom said:
ConanThe3rd said:
That's what I meant , when I mean by franchise I mean by everything associated with it.
Shouldn't make a difference you need the DBZ rights to relase Kai anyway. Reused footage, same plot, same characters etc.

Come on none of Macross (or Super Robot Wars incl. OG which was made to fix that mess) can be got becase season 1 is licensed. The bits that carry over from that are enough to block it, even if it's just one mecha like the one in Macross.

Stuart-says-yes said:
I assume your referring to "Pretty Cure" yeah, the dub for it is surprisingly alright for some sort of group I've never heard off

Hahaa Bluewater. What a riot

Anyhow it needs Brian Drummond back in there, else it's pointless. Other actors\actresses I can't seem suited, apart say Trevor Devall who plays a mean antagonist

Ryo Chan said:
who cares, i'll be outta my one piece contract by then :D

Can someone explain this for me? I've been waiting out for a one piece UK release for years. Is it stuck in licence hell somewhere, waiting to be resurrected?

afoia said:
Ryo Chan said:
who cares, i'll be outta my one piece contract by then :D

Can someone explain this for me? I've been waiting out for a one piece UK release for years. Is it stuck in licence hell somewhere, waiting to be resurrected?
It's too expensive, the only chance is if someone picks it up for TV.

If Kai gets on British TV, Ryo doesn't have to watch One Piece. That's the deal. Or something. Was it the other way round? May need to check my papers.

Back