No-Rin Review

Wow I feel this topic got way more serious than needed... end of the day writing a review of anything isn't an easy job and certainly not something I'd be good at :p

If IncendiaryLemon's review convinces people to maybe give the show a try then they might love it, hate it or just like it. They haven't lost anything.
And if Elliot's convinces people to not watch it then neither have they lost anything they may have hated it too or they may have loved it but I'm sure they'll find something else as there are lots of good shows out there! :)

(I mean subjectively, just because I say it's good doesn't mean youwill) :D

Remember folks - part of the reason for following critics is to see if you can find someone whose opinions you trust. If a reviewer habitually trashes shows you liked or feel you might like while gushing over stuff you'd not give time of day to, it's time to move onto somebody else.

Speaking for myself, whenever I've sat down to articulate my throughts into a review, the goal is always to find reasons to back up my perception of the show's quality. It's the honest critic's duty to communicate those, because that's what helps readers (or in my case lately, viewers) to decide if those thoughts are worth tuning in for again.

But here's a takeaway for everyone: if you read or watch a review you don't like, DON'T argue with it. Don't presume to tell someboody that they 'watched the show wrong' or 'don't get it.' Becuase you can't deonstrably prove that. We're talking about OPINIONS, after all. And who is anybody to tell anybody else that their idea of any given slab of entertainment is wrong?

That last paragraph isn't directed at anybody in this thread, by teh way. Just logging it for consideration.

Back