Nine Ways To Buy Manga and Light Novels Legally in the UK

With Waterstones you can order in-store as well. I've done it a few times as they (did, not been in a while) have a loyalty card, of buy 10 get 1 free (or £10 off, can't remember).

I'd add Google Play for ebooks as well. I find them to be the cheapest platform, outside the Mac and iOS only Apple Books, except for Viz Media titles. For some reason Viz titles can be as expensive as a print copy on the Play store.

Google also offer carrier payment so you can buy using excess phone credit if on a prepay plan or added to your monthly bill on billpay.

i've found booksetc to be pretty good and generally the cheapest, if there's any damage from it being in the post they're quick to send out a replacement

only problem i have with them is that it's usually 2-4 weeks after the US release date that they come in stock but i'd put that down to their stock coming by boat or some other slower method

A great site I've started using is blackwells. I tend to get all my Seven Seas/Ghost Ship releases from here as they're normally under £9 which is pretty good, and also free UK delivery.

The major down side of the site is damn the delivery is SLOW!!

Normally I'd usually go to Travelling Man as the Newcastle branch has a large selection and I'm always up for supporting independent stores. In these times of 'vid however been using Waterstones a lot more - seem to have had more stock available than Wordery recently.

A great site I've started using is blackwells. I tend to get all my Seven Seas/Ghost Ship releases from here as they're normally under £9 which is pretty good, and also free UK delivery.

The major down side of the site is damn the delivery is SLOW!!

any idea what their packaging is like for multiple books? booksetc doesn't seem to get one peace published books and i wanted to get hinamatsuri and iirc they were the only place i could find certain volumes in stock

any idea what their packaging is like for multiple books? booksetc doesn't seem to get one peace published books and i wanted to get hinamatsuri and iirc they were the only place i could find certain volumes in stock
Sorry, most I bought was two at a time and they came in those bubble wrap envelopes.
I'd be interested to find out myself as they normally have the Berserk deluxe editions relatively cheap.

Sorry, most I bought was two at a time and they came in those bubble wrap envelopes.
I'd be interested to find out myself as they normally have the Berserk deluxe editions relatively cheap.
I know you said delivery was slow, but how slow are we talking? 7 working days?

Last order I got probably took about 9 or 10 days. I genuinely started thinking it was coming from america. Showed up in perfect condition though, I'm just impatient.
Going to try it out on some Yuuna volumes.

QSMmXiGm.png

"ohohoho"

think i'll give it a miss, for some reason with jiffybags i always seem to get books damaged in the post

Little late, but thought I'd recommend Blackwell's as well. I've been using them since March (when Wordery started having stock problems). Although delivery is a little slow - usually 5 - 7 days - they've offered an excellent service. Just received Yaiba 15, Oresama Teacher 27, Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun 4, Blue Exorcist 24, Twin Star Exorcists 19, My Hero Academia: Smash 5 and Don't Be Cruel 9 today in a proper cardboard box and in advance of the release date (for most). They've had no stock problems either during these difficult times - got books from pretty much all the publishers with no issues. Think they are definitely worth a try. The only downside is that they do send single books in bubble wrap envelopes - I haven't had any major damage yet, but you do get the odd "ding" where they've travelled in the post.

Little late, but thought I'd recommend Blackwell's as well. I've been using them since March (when Wordery started having stock problems). Although delivery is a little slow - usually 5 - 7 days - they've offered an excellent service. Just received Yaiba 15, Oresama Teacher 27, Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun 4, Blue Exorcist 24, Twin Star Exorcists 19, My Hero Academia: Smash 5 and Don't Be Cruel 9 today in a proper cardboard box and in advance of the release date (for most). They've had no stock problems either during these difficult times - got books from pretty much all the publishers with no issues. Think they are definitely worth a try. The only downside is that they do send single books in bubble wrap envelopes - I haven't had any major damage yet, but you do get the odd "ding" where they've travelled in the post.
Glad to hear. As mentioned earlier I'm testing it out with 2 volumes of Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs because everyone else either does not have them in stock or the prices were close to SRP level. I want a proper go-to site for manga and if Blackwell turns out well, that would be great especially for the Seven Seas titles because they are not cheap.

I usually use Amazon for digital purchases, although will be considering Bookwalker now due to everything. I had to use Forbidden Planet to track down volumes 2-3 of the Elfen Lied omnibuses, and despite charging over £5 for delivery, they took... forever to come. Definitely won't use their online store online - although they regularly do 3 for 2 on Viz Media titles in-store.

I think I only found out Blackwells when I was trying to track down a textbook for a course in my first semester.

Back