SAHO

Thousand Master

NieR: Automata TV Animation Project!

The popular action RPG game "NieR:Automata", which has exceeded 6 million download sales worldwide, will be made into a TV animation.

Official Key Art
20220802_221511.jpg

Announcement Trailer

Official Twitter

"NieR: Automata" is an action RPG produced by Square Enix and developed by Platinum Games.
The stage is the far future where mankind is fleeing to the moon in front of the overwhelming force of "machine lifeforms" unleashed by aliens. "2B" belonging to the newly organized android unit "YoRHa" will throw herself into a fierce battle to recapture the earth...

Last edited:
NieR Automata ANIMATION -2B Sword Action-

Animation by : Shiika Sadamasa

"In order to practice drawing sword fighting, I started to copy NieR Automata's 2B sword fighting action video (up to the original shots), but as I was making it, it became unsatisfactory, so I ended up finishing it.
I would be very happy if I could express the appeal of the game NieR Automata, which had such a strong impact on me, and convey that appeal to as many people as possible."

I would be very happy if I could express the appeal of the game NieR Automata, which had such a strong impact on me, and convey that appeal to as many people as possible."
I haven't played Nier (though it's definitley high on my want to play list!), but I suspect it will be impossible to convey the experience of the game in any other medium, just as it is with all other game adaptations. It's the actual playing that makes experiences like Nier so strong. I know people do enjoy watching other people play too, lets plays (or more like "you watch me plays"!) seem almost as popular as playing these days, but it's a totally different experience from the intended one. It's like listening to a movie without the visuals or watching a music video without the music! Of course anime adaptations are designed to watched, and it's great if they get people interested in the franchise. But I'll be playing Nier and not watch this, I think.

But I'll be playing Nier and not watch this, I think.
Good plan, the game is phenomenal once you get over the initial tropes. From my perspective, I've never had a single clear cut favourite game, rather a few lingering and competing for my personal top spot, but this one easily went straight to the top of my favourite ever games list after I finished ending E (best ending I have played in any game ever). I'm glad in a way for the anime and the extra exposure it will bring for the game itself but yeah, also going in with low expectations. It could be gold if Taro is closely involved in the story-telling, (though will his style of telling epics translate to a short anime as well?) and if Keiichi Okabe does the score, as one would expect.

I haven't played Nier (though it's definitley high on my want to play list!), but I suspect it will be impossible to convey the experience of the game in any other medium, just as it is with all other game adaptations. It's the actual playing that makes experiences like Nier so strong. I know people do enjoy watching other people play too, lets plays (or more like "you watch me plays"!) seem almost as popular as playing these days, but it's a totally different experience from the intended one. It's like listening to a movie without the visuals or watching a music video without the music! Of course anime adaptations are designed to watched, and it's great if they get people interested in the franchise. But I'll be playing Nier and not watch this, I think.
Absolutely, the game becomes very meta with all of it's multiple endings, that unless the anime adptation does a side story or something it won't really work.

All existence is designed to perish.

Anime "NieR: Automata Ver1.1a"
Broadcast will start in January 2023.

『NieR:Automata Ver1.1a』in Aniplex Online Fest

Anime『NieR:Automata Ver1.1a』Promotion File 001:2B

Anime『NieR:Automata Ver1.1a』Promotion File 002:9S

Attachments

• 20220924_163739.jpg
    20220924_163739.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220924_163741.jpg
    20220924_163741.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

I'm excited but I am assuming this will go as far as ending A.

I'm excited but I am assuming this will go as far as ending A.
Yeah, that is likely to be the case as there is certainly more than enough of a pretty good self-contained story up to that point and the music always excels. It's looking good and Taro and Okabe's involvement is reassuring so I remain tentatively excited.

Looking forward to this, having recently played the game on switch (still need a couple of the endings though), wondering how they will translate all those different aspects of the game and story for this adaption.

Although I heard/read Taro himself is also involved, which hopefully means it will be a good adaption, instead of some (most?) other game to anime adaptions...

Heh I played it in Japanese with subs - that was a first for me for video games. But I certainly felt I was missing some of the great effects whilst trying to keep up with the subbies, something @WMD had mentioned about the cons of watching anime subbed.

I also have played the game in Japanese with subs, but sometime it was a bit hard to follow when so much action was going on at the same time.

Although I heard/read Taro himself is also involved, which hopefully means it will be a good adaption, instead of some (most?) other game to anime adaptions...
He is indeed, as is Keiichi Okabe who did the phenomenal score, so yeah I'm hoping it will be good. But still keeping expectations low for the initial bit regardless as I would've thought it'll need a few seasons to translate everything fully, and it gets better and better as it goes on. Enjoy the rest of the endings!
I also have played the game in Japanese with subs, but sometime it was a bit hard to follow when so much action was going on at the same time.
Likewise, definitely felt I was missing things but still worth it for my preferences these days heh.

He is indeed, as is Keiichi Okabe who did the phenomenal score, so yeah I'm hoping it will be good. But still keeping expectations low for the initial bit regardless as I would've thought it'll need a few seasons to translate everything fully, and it gets better and better as it goes on. Enjoy the rest of the endings!
Yeah really love the music of the game, so hopefully we also get some new tracks for this anime.
Likewise, definitely felt I was missing things but still worth it for my preferences these days heh.
Mine too, I do understand some Japanese, but focusing on that and the action at the same time is a bit too much. Although you do play the game multiple times anyway for some of the endings so it makes it a bit easier when you level is higher to focus more on those bits.

Very curious about this one, also happy that Aniplex of America appears to be in control of it, as my concerns around keeping the English game cast have subsided, for now at least.

Who knows what surprises are in store for us! or if it will be good

Back