New version of the public profiles

Ok, i'm having some problems with the forums since these profiles have been added. For one I can't always access the profiles, now i've tried logging in and out and that sometimes works but other times it doesn't. I can't add messages to peoples shoutboxes, there's just nowhere to type the message that seems to come up.

Also oddly I keep getting signed out constantly, I'm unable to delete posts I've made and I can't seem to add image attatchments to posts anymore. I find it odd that the profile would effect these but this started happening at around the same time. Could it be my browser (Mozilla) or have I got some settings wrong (I do have cookies turned on).

Sounds like it's having trouble allowing Anime UK News to set cookies on your computer i.e. that's why you have to keep logging in and out, because the website can't save the necessary cookie file to your browser directory.

A few things to try... in Firefox, under Tools -> Options look under the "Privacy" tab.

Is "except cookies from sites" checked? If it isn't, look under "Exceptions" and add "animeuknews.net" to the list.

Also, is "Always clear my private data when I close Firefox" checked? Uncheck that if it is.

If you try the above and nothing changes, it might be to do with some firewall/security settings elsewhere. Since I installed the profiles, we're creating an extra cookie everytime you log-in to the site, so I suppose that some systems may be set-up to refuse sites that try to set more than one cookie file.

Thanks Paul, I checked what you said but I doesn't seem to have helped. I'm getting an update for Firefox to see if that makes a difference.

Also, apparently it might be to a with a "clogged" cache, so try removing all of your past cache\cookies under:

Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Clear Now.

If that doesn't work, have a go with Internet Explorer. Basically, if it doesn't work with IE either, then I'm swinging towards this being a firewall\anti-virus\security issue.

Back