New UK anime DVD release dates reaching into the summer

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
We have just updated our UK anime DVD release schedule and amongst many others, the following new releases are especially note worthy; including no less than 5 new (previously unannounced) shows from Revelation Films (by way of FUNimation).
  • April 2007
  • [2007-04-02] Manga Essentials 2 Box Set (Manga)
  • [2007-04-02] Robotech: The New Generation - Complete Box Set (Manga)

May 2007
  • [2007-05-21] Gunslinger Girl - The Complete Box Set (Revelation Films)
  • [2007-05-21] Le Chevalier D'Eon #1 (ADV)
  • [2007-05-21] Naruto Unleashed: Series 2 Part 1 (Manga)
  • [2007-05-21] Samurai X: The Deluxe Complete Collection Box Set (ADV)

June 2007
  • [2007-06-04] Highlander: Search for Vengeance (Manga)
  • [2007-06-18] Kekko Kamen: Anime Classics Edition (ADV)
  • [2007-06-18] New Fist Of the North Star: The Complete Collection (ADV)
  • [2007-06-18] Paniponi Dash #1 (ADV)
New Releases to be announced, despite having been listed on Play.com.
  • Mushishi (Revelation Films)
  • Peach Girl (Revelation Films)
  • Suzuka (Revelation Films)
  • Tenchi Muyo! GXP (Revelation Films)
  • Tenchi Muyo! Ryo Ohki (Revelation Films)
  • Tsubasa Chronicle (Revelation Films)

Personally, I'm really looking forward to finally seeing Highlander: Search for Vengeance (it's directed by Ninja Scroll and VHD: Bloodlust's Yoshiaki Kawajiri!).

And I'm utterly thrilled at the prospect of seeing Mushishi in UK DVD shops - no doubt it will be one of the releases of the year!

Yikes! Revelation Films are going all out :D

:shock: They did not just put Legend of the Overfiend in an essentials boxset *Smashes had of wall repeatedly*

Oh and Play.com also have a Peach girl and Sazuka starter set listed.

Tenchi Muyo Ryo Ohki Box Set is also listed on play, as well as Tenchi Muyo GXP being listed as a boxset.

Looking forward to Revelations new releases. Quite like that they're listing the starter sets on play aswell, so here's hoping we will be able to buy all the great things Funi releases with DVD 1! (Boxes, special features etc)

Also, I'm wondering if Revelation intend to release Tsubasa, Suzuka, Mushishi and Peach Girl in line with their American releases? If so, that would be excellent

buying wise i'm glad i didn't panic and buy the cheap copys of GSG so i can get [2007-05-21] Gunslinger Girl - The Complete Box Set (Revelation Films)

but on a side note.......... \o/ Revelations saving the tenchi francise

Err can I just go on the record as saying that I LOVE Revelation! Boy are they treating us to alot of great things this year not only are they bringing out some great shows they bring plenty of box sets an starter sets aswell :D So yeah cant wait to get my hands on some of these releases :p

butch-cassidy said:
Tenchi Muyo Ryo Ohki Box Set is also listed on play, as well as Tenchi Muyo GXP being listed as a boxset.

No way, Ryo Ohki box set i've been looking for that for a while. Gonna have to check that out.

Paul said:
Manga Essentials 2 Box Set (Manga)
What are they putting into this box set? They will probably be releasing them in Manga Force anyway, so is this even necessary?

Paul said:
Gunslinger Girl - The Complete Box Set
New Fist Of the North Star: The Complete Collection
Paniponi Dash #1

That's all I'm really interested in ATM, but I'll probably end up buying some of the other series on that list.

I definately want to get my hands on the R2 versions of

Suzuka (Revelation Films)

Tenchi Muyo! GXP (Revelation Films)

Tenchi Muyo! Ryo Ohki (Revelation Films)

butch-cassidy said:
random_pie said:
Paul said:
Manga Essentials 2 Box Set (Manga)
What are they putting into this box set? They will probably be releasing them in Manga Force anyway, so is this even necessary?

Blood the last Vampire
Perfect Blue
Legend of the overfiend

The first 2 are worthy of an "essentials" list. Urotsukidoji on the other hand. :roll:

Yeah, seriously. I think the likes of Millennium Actress or R.O.D should be in there instead of the tripe called Overfiend

It seems that for some reason, Manga are going back to their old ways of extreme anime. As a starter pack for anime beginners, Overfiend should not be in there. Actually, from what I've heard of it, it shouldn't even be released on DVD.

Awwwww No FMA Movie on there..... T_T

Ah well, at least the Gunslinger Box set might make me wanna buy it....

But not a lot seems to interest me.

Chrono Demon said:
Awwwww No FMA Movie on there..... T_T

Don't tell me you believed for a minute that Revelation weren't going to release the movie of their most popular (and currently running) franchise? =P

Back