New Rapture TV spotlight anime

I've heard of this thing called FreeSky, where u get a box, a viewing card, dish etc, but with no sunscription fee etc, and u get all the free-to-air channels, like Rapture etc, the only problem is, i don't know where to get a single one of these things... and my Dad won't let me anyways lol.

Cough illegal cough

The whole thing about the 8:30 showing is a bit hard, because technically its pre-watershed, even though its only 30mins pre it still is, but Channel 5 for instance have shown programs at around 8ish with swearing, they even had a show about naturists about a year back on at like 7:30, and there was no blurring out, believe me :x

I find it hilarious that on Rapture TVs homepage it says "Films on Rapture : We have secured rights to loads of films, and some of them are even good! " when the picture above it is of the leslie nielson movie 2001 A Space Travesty, which is supposed to be one of the worst movies ever made :lol:

IanC said:
Ramen89 said:
I've heard of this thing called FreeSky, where u get a box, a viewing card, dish etc, but with no sunscription fee etc, and u get all the free-to-air channels, like Rapture etc, the only problem is, i don't know where to get a single one of these things... and my Dad won't let me anyways lol.

Cough illegal cough

Cough Legal Cough

http://www.freesatfromsky.com/

Thx soooo much, u have saved me! :p :p

Ramen89 said:
The whole thing about the 8:30 showing is a bit hard, because technically its pre-watershed, even though its only 30mins pre it still is, but Channel 5 for instance have shown programs at around 8ish with swearing, they even had a show about naturists about a year back on at like 7:30, and there was no blurring out, believe me :x
Also remember when Toonami was CNX and they aired Outlaw Star at 8:30, and that includes the Hot Springs episode.

I really like the idea od two half hour slots because i had thought before that it would only be one a week. This sounds really promising and although i'm trying not to i can't help getting a bit excited.
Also as someone else said, if this goes well it may make Toonami think twice, it might encourage them to give adult swim a go, and also that channel GXP (i think that was what it was called)

Rapture tv's inclusion of anime in their schedule is great i just hope they dont invest too heavily in shorter series like evangelion and cowboy bebop which will finish to quickly and without the support of longer and more acclaimed series i.e. Inuyasha the shorter series could flop and we could see a repeat of CNX :(

I actually think shorter series would be better. Many of us know the painful wait of a whole week for another episode to air in Japan and get fansubbed. A shorter series, such as two single season 13-week anime once a week each, or a 26-episode anime twice-a-week would work best, partially because I'm unexplicably biased against shows longer than Monster, but more because it would allow the series to be show in about three months, paving the way more anime. If Rapture decided to show Inu Yasha or Naruto, non-fans would have to wait a long time for it to end, but if they're showing, for example, Paranoia Agent and Haibane Renmei, those who don't enjoy those anime may like whatever Rapture put on after they have finished.

I think I'm getting far too ahead of myself here, we'll have to see if this brave idea is a success first.

Yes all good points there Chomolungma, i agree that shorter series especially in a case like this are best, so long as when they or it comes to an end they don't repeat it for a life time before getting something new.
Plus i think that for a channel like this things like Paranoia Agent would probably have more appeal to the audience than perhaps Inu Yasha

Yeah a long series would be annoying to watch at 2 eps per week. Is this the only times anime will be on or does anyone reckon it might be repeated at like 2 in the morning or something?

Charter_Mage said:
I'm not sure, guess we will have to wait and see, but didn't someone say that it might be repeated on the weekend or something

I think that would be a good idea, so everyone could catch it. Perhaps early morning would be a good time to repeat it.

they have made it clear on there forums that it would be repeated on the weekend.

Well never said they wont when we where talking about it anyway.

I know this would not happen , but wouldn' t it be cool if their was the option
to select DUB/SUB soundtracks by pressing a button on your remote.(So
everyone's happy) this must be possible on digital T.V.

Macross G said:
I know this would not happen , but wouldn' t it be cool if their was the option
to select DUB/SUB soundtracks by pressing a button on your remote.(So
everyone's happy) this must be possible on digital T.V.

Although it's extremely doubtful that we'll ever get that on TV, using interactive settings it wouldn't be too hard. I remember this year's BBC coverage of events such as Glastonbury, Live 8 and Wimbolden featured interactive options which allowed you to view about six different screens. There could easily be away for such a menu to be accessed where you could select to view dub or sub on Digital TV.

Back