New Rapture TV spotlight anime

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
UK digital TV channel <a href="http://www.rapturetv.net/news.cfm">Rapture TV</a> have moved into their new website and further spotlighted their intentions to include "two half hour blocks a week" of "critically acclaimed" anime in their programme schedules. Still, no specific information has been revealed but the channel is said to be relaunching on Sky Digital in October and their <a href="http://www.rapturetv.net/forums.cfm">official forums</a> (which include an anime section) are now open for discussion.

Good news that anime seems to be definately on the way to UK TV :). If they are shows I haven't seen before and are on my "maybe" list of things to watch I will most likely try them out too!

Looks like it really will be happening :) This is just what the UK community needs to really move onto the next level.

critically acclaimed eh?

For some reason that dont fill me with much confidence. Oh well.

LMAO!!! From the site:
We have secured rights to loads of films, and some of them are even good! :lol:

It's best to remember that anime, especially of the "critically acclaimed" variety, is still an unknown quantity for TV companies. I think when we watch certain series, we can all see the potential there for massive success but until there is a break out hit, channels like Rapture will have to play a safe game to test the water.

The two half hour slots actually fills me with hope, because this means that it's unlikely to be a long series that would take around a year to show fully. The idea of "high-quality anime" on UK TV is an alien concept, but this time it may just work. And if not, well, anime on TV is always a good thing, even when I don't watch the anime in question. (And, luckily, even the worst anime ever created is marginally less painful than many of the television programs around these days)

Chomolungma said:
. (And, luckily, even the worst anime ever created is marginally less painful than many of the television programs around these days)

Very true the fact that any none 4kids-esque anime making it onto TV means theres better viewing than most things.

If they air some really good series', hopefully it will push Toonami into bucking their ideas up and rethinking their current line-up of "anime"..

it should be interesting, since they've said the anime would be on tuesdays/thursdays 8:30pm, with maybe repeats on sundays. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the first attempt at showing anime at prime time in UK?

Fudce said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the first attempt at showing anime at prime time in UK?
as far as i know, yeah.

as the old saying goes, a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step - Rapture appear to be making a very important step indeed.

OMG, i'm so excited. :p :p *Can't stop dancing*

I bet u the anime that they will show will be Full Metal Alchmist and Last Exile, yay, both critically acclaimed, in what way i don't know, but how about a bit of Paranoia Agent too, thats critically acclaimed, anyways we'll have to wait and see :p :p

The only problem is, i don't have Sky...

I've heard of this thing called FreeSky, where u get a box, a viewing card, dish etc, but with no sunscription fee etc, and u get all the free-to-air channels, like Rapture etc, the only problem is, i don't know where to get a single one of these things... and my Dad won't let me anyways lol.

But if anyone has a place to set me up with all this stuff, please let me know, so i can at least try to convince him... :shock:

Back