New MVM anime acquisitions for the UK

Considering the hefty weight of MVM, ADV and Beez's release scedules recently, I really hope this is the light at the end of the tunnel for the UK anime scene.

For too long have we been plagued by Legend of the Overfienditis!

MVM has rapidly become my favourite, it seems that especially from the last year it has been releasing quality anime time after time with Fruits Basket and Trigun amoungst the many.
I am really looking forward to Samurai Champloo

I really think this could be the year for anime. At first I was skeptical, but with Naruto and One Piece coming on TV and so many first rate DVDs, this is the best year for anime we're ever had.

I really think this could be the year for anime. At first I was skeptical, but with Naruto and One Piece coming on TV and so many first rate DVDs, this is the best year for anime we're ever had.
Yes i really agree, at least i hope it's going to be the best year for anime we've ever had.
When is Naruto thought to be coming to uk tv?

u never know naruto may come soon!
im just so happy that MVM has SO MANY QUALITY titles lined up!, i cant wait to get Chobits (cos i have the manga, and man that craks me up) and Samurai Champloo, but i might get these titles from America becasue there is a limited Edition box sets of Chobits^_^
Cant Wait, i have alread started saving!

MVM is already my favourite anime company in the uk, because everything i have seen of their's has impressed me alot, especially their new stuff, where as ADV has released a few things of less quality

The only thing MVM need to do is start including things like inserta and reversable covers. In that way ADV are atill king.

IanC said:
The only thing MVM need to do is start including things like inserta and reversable covers. In that way ADV are atill king.
Yes i do agree with you about that actually, MVM could do with a few reverable covers, and i do feel the dvd cases are a bit empty with only that little card they give you

Charter_Mage said:
IanC said:
Yes i do agree with you about that actually, MVM could do with a few reverable covers, and i do feel the dvd cases are a bit empty with only that little card they give you

For some reason, even when I order ADV titles, I seldom get anything inside the DVD case but a survey form. :lol:

Hopefully as the UK market and fandom begins to grow , MVM will have the funds to start including reversible covers and inserts and the like.

Abenobashi, NGE platinum, RahXephon...they are the only ones i know of from ADV that have booklets in. they're a really nice bonus though.

Concrete badger said:
Abenobashi, NGE platinum, RahXephon...they are the only ones i know of from ADV that have booklets in. they're a really nice bonus though.
A lot of them have inserts, though - off-hand, I can think of Kino's Journey, Angelic Layer and Mahoromatic that have an inlay, even if it is just a chapter list. FullMetal Panic! had inlay/poster things, too.

oh yeah, i forgot about Mahoromaic and FMP!. a lot of my anime DVDs seem to be from ADV for some reason...things will change this year now i'm a bit more open minded to new stuff.

I think the majority of my ADV releases have something inside.

*runs off to check*

Other than Boogipop Phantom in fact all my ADV releases do.

MangaMinX said:
I think the majority of my ADV releases have something inside.

*runs off to check*

Other than Boogipop Phantom in fact all my ADV releases do.

Same here, well, all the Region 2 ones do anyway. A couple of the older R1's didn't have an insert.

Okay, maybe I exaggerated. Thinking of my ADV DVDs, I can think of at least one volume in each series which had an artwork/scene insert. But, depending on where I buy the DVDs from, they either have can insert or not.

Insert: Anime-on-line, play.com and in shops
No-Insert: Amazon

For an example of a short series, Hellsing had 1 volume with an insert in for me and 3 without. Then again, I used to use amazon in those days.

Back