New MVM anime acquisitions for the UK

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
The latest issue of Neo magazine (out this Thursday, 3rd March) reveals that MVM have acquired the UK licenses for Paranoia Agent and Samurai Champloo. In fact, according to the magazine, Paranoia Agent is already set its UK debut in July, while the likes of Samurai Champloo, Spiral and the Ranma movies are being penned in an Autumn release. Neo magazine also hints that Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG (sequel to the first series) is being planned for a UK release in early 2006 by Manga Ent. UK.

Also of interest; several UK release dates have been switched around lately. MVM's Yu Yu Hakusho #1 has been pushed back one week until the 14th of March, while Beez have delayed the final instalment of .hack//SIGN (volume 7 including artbox version) until the 28th of March.

All of these new release dates have been placed into our comprehensive UK anime release schedule.

MVM continue to announce all of my favourites. Samurai Champloo is a great series and should be a big seller in the UK and Paranoia Agent is supposed to be another great show from Satoshi Kon. Can't wait! I'm honestly finding it hard to put into words my passion for the titles MVM are releasing this year.

Paranoia Agent has almost finshed its US release, so no surprises with an early release.

Didnt I say they would get Samurai Champloo? Bet they will put a sticker on the shrinkwrap saying "by the director of Cowboy Bebop" :p

seems like there getting a healthy relationship with geneon USA might get them to notice the UK again.

Paranoia Agent for me too!!

kupoartist; yes the Ranma 1/2 movies are very good! I've seen them all, infact there's very little Ranma I haven't seen, although the very first series is still the best in my opinion :D

Samurai Champloo... meh thats all I can think to describe it.
I watched the first few episodes of it and for some reason in nearly all of the fights the lighting was really bad, you could hardly see a thing. I still might check it out tho.

this is great news MVM are on top form this year and in my eyes the best anime company this year so far.

The Ranma movies are really good tho its alot better if you have seen there series as you understand the plot alot more.

Well I emailed MVM a few months ago about if they had any plans of releasing the TV serie and they said no as it would cost far to much money. If the movies do well tho it could be different who knows.

I also will be getting these or sure. Ranma was one of the frist anime serie i ever saw and was one of the reasons i got into it so much.

Back