New Manga licences announced

I'm confused about Clannad's release strategy. UKAnime says:
Clannad, which will be released across four volumes of three DVDs each, with the first volumes due in May and June.
That confused me at first...made me wonder if there was a fourth, empty amaray volume xD. Should have just said "discs", not "DVDs" =3.

I'm sort of iffy about Solid State Society being a double play; I mean, I already own the DVD. While it's good to see them experimenting with double plays (Wasn't Redline their first?), when it's a rerelease of something that's been out for years?

I would love to have Clannad and after story so I'll be picking this up. It's a shame about the blu-ray though, not that I was expecting one :roll:

I think UKA mean four DVD sets, each containing three DVDs. The original US release was split into four sets (Clannad part 1, Clannad part 2, then After Story 1 and After Story 2).

I already have all the new stuff (tragically) taken care of so there's nothing for me here. I have an inkling one of my friends will be buying Clannad instantly though.

R

Edit: Nooo Josh quickly edited his question, making my response sound insane!

Rui said:
I think UKA mean four DVD sets, each containing three DVDs. The original US release was split into four sets (Clannad part 1, Clannad part 2, then After Story 1 and After Story 2).

I already have all the new stuff (tragically) taken care of so there's nothing for me here. I have an inkling one of my friends will be buying Clannad instantly though.

R

Edit: Nooo Josh quickly edited his question, making my response sound insane!
Don't worry, we're all insane here.

MaxonTreik said:
https://twitter.com/#!/MangaUK/status/157853962492588032

I ask a question and they get snippy with me? You know what? **** you, Manga.

Not sure if that was snippy exactly, they might just have meant "is that ok?/did that answer your question?" but who knows.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
MaxonTreik said:
https://twitter.com/#!/MangaUK/status/157853962492588032

I ask a question and they get snippy with me? You know what? **** you, Manga.

Not sure if that was snippy exactly, they might just have meant "is that ok?/did that answer your question?" but who knows.
Why would they need to answer my question like that in the first place? This is just another example of whoever runs their Twitter being a twat that can't learn to be polite. I would also like to add they ignored my question about pricing.

Lesse here,

I already have Baka and Test in it's Optimal Format (Funimation's Double Play boxset) because they really bolocked the PR by coming off as they're only buying Bund (and were skirting the terms of Funi's licencing agreement).

I think Hitalia works better as something randomly watched on youtube or something.

And I think everything Key is a sinister conspiracy to prevent KyoAni from making good new series and giving the likes of FMP and Haruhi the adaptations they deserve .

So, in a world where they have one less competitor, rather than make the killing blow (something involving Balls, and Dragons, perchance? Toei can't be that pissed at them), they'll just cruise on mediocrity and too lates.

Yeap, sounds like Manga Ent. to me.

I asked Manga Uk about a Clannad blu-ray and they said since both series will be 50 + episodes they weren't sure the sales would be worth it as they drop from volume to volume.

kippy666 said:
I asked Manga Uk about a Clannad blu-ray and they said since both series will be 50 + episodes they weren't sure the sales would be worth it as they drop from volume to volume.
I can see their point there though. I mean, look at Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

kippy666 said:

Lol I asked them about 3/4 days ago about Clannad/Kanon and didn't even get a response so better than that at least :D
Shame they're not releasing it as a single, collectors BD box set though.

If I haven't got round to importing, and they've not messed anything up, I'll be grabbing a copy of Angel Beats on BD though.

alexrose1uk said:
If I haven't got round to importing, and they've not messed anything up, I'll be grabbing a copy of Angel Beats on BD though.
I'll probably do the same.

As for Clannad, haven't seen it yet so not sure whether to import the BDs when I can play them, or just wait on the DVDs.

Joshawott said:
kippy666 said:
I can see their point there though. I mean, look at Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.
Similarly, though, I'm not going to be overly sympathetic if people choose to get thier Sad Girls In Snow on via the importers.

Back