New Madman Ent licences down under

Patlabor TV and OVA? Hell must have finally frozen over. If that includes the original 7 episode OVA , the one that's rare as rocking horse ****, I'm importing. Customs be damned!

fabricatedlunatic said:
Patlabor TV and OVA? Hell must have finally frozen over. If that includes the original 7 episode OVA , the one that's rare as rocking horse ****, I'm importing. Customs be damned!
wow i,ll be importing the Patlabor dvds asap,that is just mind blowing news.

Patlabor is a surprise. I've always had the feeling that I won't really like the series personally, but if it's made readily available again I could eventually be persuaded to try.

The other three I'm less interested in ^^;

R

Just Passing Through said:
Patlabor TV and OVAs

YES!!!

I already own the Patlabor TV series (good, but not great, with the occasional stand-out episode).

But those OVAs are a GUARANTEED purchase!

I'll wait a little while, though, to see if there's any word of them being picked up for the UK.

Professor Irony said:
Assuming the cases look a bit better than the nasty cpm ones, I'll be picking those up too.
I don't think they could be much worse! Also, I wonder if Madman will have access to the newer HD masters. While I very much doubt that they'll release Patlabor on Blu-ray, with the HD masters they could put out some fine looking DVDs. Either way, the video quality should be far superior to the CPM release.

Lawrence said:
Oh dear, we know what Manga will announce next then, Rosario x Vampire.

As if Dance in the loli bund, wasn't already scrapping the barrel.
you know all these fan service animes that been coming out lately, well maybe there desperate to release anything. to be honest i would of thought they'd release

revolution girl boxsets
banner of the stars
ect
i mean thats what i would of released

I still never got around to importing anything from Madman (or did I buy the first Dragon Ball set from them? I don't remember), could well be tempted by Patlabor though.

fabricatedlunatic said:
While I very much doubt that they'll release Patlabor on Blu-ray, with the HD masters they could put out some fine looking DVDs.

That would be lovely. I've seen a side-by-side comparison of the CPM release with what I presume was those remasters and the difference, even for a series of this age, was remarkable.

Patlabor TV and OVAs
Patlabor TV and OVAs
Patlabor TV and OVAs
Patlabor TV and OVAs
Patlabor TV and OVAs

I now have even greater reason to keep an eye on the GBP/AUD rates. Alas, they're quite dire from our perspective.

I have always wanted to see Patlabor, the idea of importing from australia is scary though. I wouldn't know where to start

Corra said:
I have always wanted to see Patlabor, the idea of importing from australia is scary though. I wouldn't know where to start
Its easy enough there are alot of really good region 4 websites out there if you want me to PM you some links i,ll be happy to,and you can buy direct from the Madman Entertainment website.

Lawrence said:

I wonder if this is the new title MVM hinted at on their Facebook page back in July (older, based on a manga, not released here before, from Studio Gonzo) - it ticks all the boxes anyway.

And there was me hoping it might be Welcome to the NHK :(

panda z said:
Lawrence said:

I wonder if this is the new title MVM hinted at on their Facebook page back in July (older, based on a manga, not released here before, from Studio Gonzo) - it ticks all the boxes anyway.

And there was me hoping it might be Welcome to the NHK :(
I highly doubt it. RxV is definately a Manga show.

Didn't the Facebook announcement turn out to be Ikki Tousen: Dragon Destiny? Or was that after?

Paradox295 said:
Didn't the Facebook announcement turn out to be Ikki Tousen: Dragon Destiny? Or was that after?

They still haven't announced it yet, they have written on the Facebook page, that they are likely to announce it in October at the London Expo.

Back