new low for anime on TV

Ice Climber said:
The only anime on TV right now seems to be Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds, Pokemon and Dinosaur King (all CITV).

So screwed...
And the joke is, did anyone know that Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's even started?

See, first flaw in this endevor

COMUNICATION - TELL PEOPLE, NOT JUST THE FANS, THAT YOU EXIST

But yeah, we can't get it on TV, we can't get it on the internet. we might as well go home and sniff the cat's butt.

As far as 5D's is concerned, it's not a bad show but it's just as Ludicrous as GX (Though that had a brillant dub finalé) and YGO got in thier final stages.

I wonder if we got Born to ride as our OP. That would be cool.

But i digress, we're going to get NOWHERE if this keeps up. There's zero presence of teh stuff on the TV and none online (that we can watch) so how is it supposed to go out?

In £30 boxsets for teh whole series? Is someone with no previous EXP of the situation going to take that gamble, in this economic time?

Conan-san said:
Ice Climber said:
The only anime on TV right now seems to be Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds, Pokemon and Dinosaur King (all CITV).

So screwed...
And the joke is, did anyone know that Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's even started?

See, first flaw in this endevor

COMUNICATION - TELL PEOPLE, NOT JUST THE FANS, THAT YOU EXIST

But yeah, we can't get it on TV, we can't get it on the internet. we might as well go home and sniff the cat's butt.

Yeah but are ITV really interested in anime fans?

It really just for the kids in mornings and when they get home from school. If the regularly watch the channel they would know it was on.

I only found out 5Ds was on yesterday.

I didn't say only anime fans, everyone should know, "hey watch this show cuz we said so and it's awesome and such" (Regardless of quality).

Conan-san said:
I didn't say only anime fans, everyone should know, "hey watch this show cuz we said so and it's awesome and such" (Regardless of quality).

Hey pay a TV license so i see why the hell not

seem to do it all the the time for "I'm a failure, get me out of here" "Britains somewhat Talent" and "Oh Brother"

Ah, but here's the thing; those shows have adverts screaming in big bold letters when they are on and what channel.

How many adverts did you see for AnimeCenteral?

Otaku-san said:
How can it even be called Yu-Gi-Oh without Yugi...

Fail
Easily. Yu-Gi-Oh means "king of games"...it could have Phil Mitchell playing the card game and the name would still be valid.

Archaic Sage said:
Escaflowne used to be on Fox Kids as well around the same time as Tenchi.
Not that you'd know that, what with it only being on at 8pm at night and all...

Oh speaking of Jetix, the Disney XD ads that are running are frustrating the hell out of me. What the hell is that supposed to be advertising? Where's the shows to draw in the crowds?

Aaron said:
Easily. Yu-Gi-Oh means "king of games"...it could have Phil Mitchell playing the card game and the name would still be valid.
I'd...I'd watch that.

Yeah I know, the only reason I remember it was because I used to have analogue cable and the Fox Kids would switch off half way through Escaflowne :(. Tenchi was on at like 5/6 which is a much more normal time, lol.

Conan-san said:
Ah, but here's the thing; those shows have adverts screaming in big bold letters when they are on and what channel.

AC had commercials as well, but that's not what killed it. It was parental neglect.

Aaron said:
Otaku-san said:
How can it even be called Yu-Gi-Oh without Yugi...

Fail

Your right, but still you know the only reason why they've continued on with it like they have

Mohawk52 said:
Conan-san said:

AC had commercials as well, but that's not what killed it. It was parental neglect.

And that the ambition was... just too big to work. It could've lasted... a lot lot longer as a two hour block in the same vain as Anime Network. Instead, a channel with a limited amount of shows, shown everyday and repeated it to death is part of what brought its downfall. On Paper, it would work marvellously, it was just a matter of lazy execution. Even if it worked, the recession would've brought them down sooner or later anyway.

Mohawk52 said:
Conan-san said:

Hey, psst; those things they showed between shows to advertise thier own shows doesn't count.

And yes, CSTV are a bunch of ********s.

Conan-san said:
Mohawk52 said:
Conan-san said:

Hey, psst; those things they showed between shows to advertise thier own shows doesn't count.

Yes, well spotted, you sussed the obvious mistake there. You is da man. But really how many ads did anyone see for any channel showing anime?

Mohawk52 said:
Conan-san said:
Mohawk52 said:
Conan-san said:

Yes, well spotted, you sussed the obvious mistake there. You is da man. But really how many ads did anyone see for any channel showing anime?

How many ads to you see for TV channels full stop? This does not include, for example, Film4 ads on Channel 4.

Back