New Beez boxsets

Something is off about the .Hack//Sign set.

.Hack//Sign: Complete Collection Box 1 (6 Discs)
7 hours 30 minutes (approx)

It claims to be 'Box 1', it has 6 discs when Sign was released with 7 and the minute count is three hours short of the whole series... :? Not to mention the price is half that of their normal 26 ep sets...

Excellent find Hybridchild, and its nice to see that Beez have cut their 13 ep sets RRP from £40. :D

I could possibly buy them all.

I'm gonna be bankrupt... that's only a few weeks before Download Festival too!

Ryo Chan said:
think i'll keep with my limited wolf's rain

How about buying the UK box sets to support the UK distributors? : )

So yeah, we're really being treated well at the moment I must say.
I can only hope this lasts.

MVM seem to be releasing box sets from most of their series.. and these box sets seem to be the Madman style ones, which could clear some stuff up with Love Hina.. as the Aussie release has a Tv series box set, and a specials box set.. so we'll see what's to come. Maybe a Samurai Champloo box set and Tenjo Tenge box set are to come? : D

Beez are releasing a steady flow of box sets and series, if you look at the French Beez website you can see what these new box sets will include..
Or if you can't be bothered, here they are:
http://www.beez-ent.com/products.php?pId=425 - .hack//SIGN box set 1
http://www.beez-ent.com/products.php?pId=428 - .hack//SIGN box set 2
Those seem to include the OVA series that could only be got hold of by buying the 4 .hack games previously.. and it seems to include .hack//GIFT : O
I can't find anything on the LotTB though..
I just bought the whole SIGN series with the artbox as well, the artbox came today which was oh-so sexy, my first 'big' artbox with so many extras.
I couldn't find anything on the Wolf's Rain boxes though, they'll probably be especially for the UK though as the French release had an artbox release and seems to have be re-released.. can't understand what the 2 versions are though (I think one has more languages o_x)

ADV seem to be doing some awesome things as well, can't wait to get the Rurouri Kenshin deluxe box set.. that's gonna be one hell of a re-watch, with a sexy artbox too, what more could you ask for? It seems to be the directors cut version as well, which I had never even heard of.. so yeah ADV are treating us to some fantastic things, although I'm sure they could afford to bring us some of their thinpak box sets of their older series, which seem to do well.. we'll have to see.

Kind of went a bit off topic there, but oh-well it was fun.
The UK market really has changed in such a good way!

I take it everyone realises the Rurouni Kenshin (or Samurai X) box is just the OVAs and movies? I've heard a lot of people getting excited about it, seemingly too much excitement for what it is (plus the fact that the set is almost identical to one released years ago). Are some people thinking this is a boxset of the series?

Just didn't want to allow any disappointment.

Espy said:
I take it everyone realises the Rurouni Kenshin (or Samurai X) box is just the OVAs and movies? I've heard a lot of people getting excited about it, seemingly too much excitement for what it is (plus the fact that the set is almost identical to one released years ago). Are some people thinking this is a boxset of the series?

It seems to be a sexed-up release of the older OVA+movie collection, but it contains the Director's cut versions of the OVA's as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images ... 451&sr=8-2

It's just about visible from this picture.

yes finally Wolf's Rain boxsets.....i was going to order the limited one but decided to jsut wait for the UK one and save some money at the same time.
i hope it comes in some slick looking artboxes....like the cowboy bebop ones.

Ninja Boy! said:
The spine of those bebop artboxes didn't look too hot IMO (they're practically monotone with just the logo and no indication of which box they are). The covers were nice enough, but 99% of the time, it's the ugly spine staring you in the face.

kupoartist said:
Ninja Boy! said:
The spine of those bebop artboxes didn't look too hot IMO (they're practically monotone with just the logo and no indication of which box they are). The covers were nice enough, but 99% of the time, it's the ugly spine staring you in the face.

true the spine design was 'meh' but i liked the artwork on the sides of the boxes for some reason...dunno why.. just liked it lol.
also on play.com it stated that each of the wolf's rain boxsets come with some poster booklets...does anyone know what these are about?

DaNiMe said:
Espy said:

It seems to be a sexed-up release of the older OVA+movie collection, but it contains the Director's cut versions of the OVA's as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images ... 451&sr=8-2

It's just about visible from this picture.

that is the picture of the R1 collection boxset....it just seems to look like an ordinary artbox holding the thinpack cases.
and ADV UK seem to be emphasising on the 'deluxe' packaging so i have a feeling that the UK collection will have some extra treatment.....hopefully.

;__;
I want the Wolf's Rain boxsets...
but I've got the American one... ¬_¬;

The only special feature it has is 1 (instead of 3) Voice Actor interviews and textless OPs and EDs...

and the UK DVDs have nicer cover art!

...I blame slow UK releases!! XD (I got the boxset before Wolf's Rain was even out here.)

Although, the American one did come with a Kiba plushie and the first OST...hmm~

I already bought the Anime Legends sets but for £25 for the lot i'm not complaining (also the smaller the set is, the better in my opinion). I'm gonna recommend these to other people though.

DaNiMe said:
Those seem to include the OVA series that could only be got hold of by buying the 4 .hack games previously.. and it seems to include .hack//GIFT : O
.hack//GIFT is on the 4th disc of Liminality. (random comment)

I hope the Liminality discs are spread out between the boxes as I've already got these from the games. It looks like it might be the case with a 6-disc set (4 of SIGN +2 and the 3 of SIGN and the last two for the second box). Looking forward to it anyway as I've yet to see SIGN or Legend of the Twilight. :)

Conan-san said:
Those are all great, but they realy need to get he lead out with Gundam Seed boxsets.

Realy.
They'll do that eventually, and they'll be unimpressive 2 volume releases like they're doing with Wing. And frankly, it'll just be yet another stalling tactic to prevent them from getting to release any Gundam that is actually worth watching.

Hmm... I wasn't impressed with Beez' Gundam Movies boxset, hopefully these will be better.

These and a few other boxes, have appeared on the website of Pinnacle Vision, Beez's distributor.

14-05...HACK//LEGEND THE COMPLETE SERIES - £29.99
-------
21-05...WOLFS RAIN COMPLETE COLLECTION BOX 2 - £34.99
-------
28-05...HACK//SIGN COMPLETE COLLECTION BOX 1 - £34.99
28-05...PLANETES COMPLETE COLLECTION BOX 1 - £29.99
28-05...WOLFS RAIN COMPLETE COLLECTION BOX 1 - £34.99
-------
25-06...HACK//SIGN COMPLETE COLLECTION BOX 2 - £39.99

Back